Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warm em up

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Warm em up

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....e1=yes&place=0
    Heck I dont drive Oprah in the rain anyway....wonder how they grip cold? I doubt worth a damn....but I really have no experience with them....how would say a MT Street match up I wonder....
    http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/s...ETStreetRadial
    Last edited by Sarge; 02-22-2009 at 04:13 AM.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....e1=yes&place=0
    Heck I dont drive Oprah in the rain anyway....wonder how they grip cold? I doubt worth a damn....but I really have no experience with them....how would say a MT Street match up I wonder....
    http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/s...ETStreetRadial
    dont quote me on it, but i think they are more for auto X, lol your beast would probably eat with for breakfast.
    ive ran nittos, and lots of other forgien brands on...yes my Hondas back in the day, on light small cars they worked great, but they werent built for our big heavy cars, i have yet to try a set of nt555's on the car......with the wide body i can run atleast a 12" wide rim in the back, so i just might try like a 345-355 and see how that hooks

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    dont quote me on it, but i think they are more for auto X, lol your beast would probably eat with for breakfast.
    ive ran nittos, and lots of other forgien brands on...yes my Hondas back in the day, on light small cars they worked great, but they werent built for our big heavy cars, i have yet to try a set of nt555's on the car......with the wide body i can run atleast a 12" wide rim in the back, so i just might try like a 345-355 and see how that hooks

I run the nittos 275x40x17 on the street,are they as good as MT nope but i will say get caught in the rain once with MT,your screw"d now the NITTS will be great in the rain,and you can burn the hell out of them time and time again at the track and they last the softer tires wont.best 60fts ive ever seen with nitto is 1.71 thats not that damn bad for a stock suspension GTO ..no I dont have all the fancy pedlers shit nor do I need it,hell cars not old so why replace all of it.best 60ft for MT has been 1.61,I have put the Nt555 on a stock ls2 and got it into the high 12s with LT a CAI and some TQ management taken out,no stall A4 car,the car just launches on the street no burn out tires grip,so in my personal opionion nt555s are one of the best all around performers out there,I like em and my 10 second car runs em on the street many of a street car with slicks have bite the dust next to them
    mods: custom built twins, built 408 w/l92 stock GM heads,GM matching intake,drag bags,frame ties,aluminum drive shaft, performabuilt 4l80e,Yank converter,ohios fastest and quickest 04-06 GTO 9.52 at 144mph. 1.50 60ft on stock rear end and shafts/suspension,on drag radials.

hugger orange

[QUOTE=qwkgto;1824137I run the nittos 275x40x17 on the street,are they as good as MT nope but i will say get caught in the rain once with MT,your screw"d now the NITTS will be great in the rain,and you can burn the hell out of them time and time again at the track and they last the softer tires wont.best 60fts ive ever seen with nitto is 1.71 thats not that damn bad for a stock suspension GTO ..no I dont have all the fancy pedlers shit nor do I need it,hell cars not old so why replace all of it.best 60ft for MT has been 1.61,I have put the Nt555 on a stock ls2 and got it into the high 12s with LT a CAI and some TQ management taken out,no stall A4 car,the car just launches on the street no burn out tires grip,so in my personal opionion nt555s are one of the best all around performers out there,I like em and my 10 second car runs em on the street many of a street car with slicks have bite the dust next to them[/QUOTE]

ok think you just sold me on the nitto 555's......just hav to save up the money for them!

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by qwkgto View Post
    Click for full size
    I run the nittos 275x40x17 on the street,are they as good as MT nope but i will say get caught in the rain once with MT,your screw"d now the NITTS will be great in the rain,and you can burn the hell out of them time and time again at the track and they last the softer tires wont.best 60fts ive ever seen with nitto is 1.71 thats not that damn bad for a stock suspension GTO ..no I dont have all the fancy pedlers shit nor do I need it,hell cars not old so why replace all of it.best 60ft for MT has been 1.61,I have put the Nt555 on a stock ls2 and got it into the high 12s with LT a CAI and some TQ management taken out,no stall A4 car,the car just launches on the street no burn out tires grip,so in my personal opionion nt555s are one of the best all around performers out there,I like em and my 10 second car runs em on the street many of a street car with slicks have bite the dust next to them
    LOL. Another member like myself. No need for Pedders and we have Harrops. Already got a good car...why mess with it?

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

I run 275/40/17 Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3s on the steet. Nothing better on wet roads and damn good dry.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

^^that shot makes me wanna put my staggered summer tires on right now.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    ^^that shot makes me wanna put my staggered summer tires on right now.

Those are on stock 17s widened by Weldcraft Wheels to 9 inches.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

A buddy of mine wants to do that. He has another pair of OEM 17s he wants to send to Weldcraft. My other buddies, who have the 18' VZ wheels are planning to do the same.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by GTO1_OHIO View Post
    How much they charge? I looked at their website and they do not say....How long did it take them?

hugger orange

you guys can check with Transwheel also. they are right acrossed the road from where i work, but ive never checked prices

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by GTO1_OHIO View Post
    I like the black chrome,those are sweet!

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Yeah sorta what I thought.....I'm curious of this wheel widening stuff.....

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Yeah sorta what I thought.....I'm curious of this wheel widening stuff.....
    I read about this back when I used to post on the other forum. Folks would have their rear wheels widened for extra grip. Not to mention the wow factor when the wheels look stock but they are wide in the rear to flow with the rear quarter panels. The rims are cut down the center between the inner/outer lip, a circular section is placed and welded in between the two halves. And there ya go...a stock lookin rim that was widened.

I think it costs $2-$300 per wheel IIRC.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

I will say cant go more then 9.5 with a 7.5bs in a 17x9.5 wheel running MT 275 x40x 17 they will rub,now the nittos same size will not rub, and you guys can run that same nitto 275x40x17 on a stock gto wheel no rubbing,I have done this on mine and freinds 06 stock wheel well goat.
    I also have the billet specialties street lites they are 15x10 with a 7.5 BS and I had to cut the outer lips on the fenders(rear) I run a 275x60x15 mickey thompson drag radial on those rear wheels at track. Hope this info helps someone.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Doesn't sound bad......I really haven't looked for wheels.....don't they make 17"X9" that have the bolt pattern and offset we have?

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Doesn't sound bad......I really haven't looked for wheels.....don't they make 17"X9" that have the bolt pattern and offset we have?
    mine are the corvette chrome wheels they work.17x9.5 rears fronts are 17x8.5 and you will need to run a 1/4 spacer brings them out from strut.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

I had the wheels widened this summer for a cost of $200 per wheel. The turn around was I think 2 or 3 weeks. I don't remember for sure because I shipped them off to cali when they got back to get black chromed and that took what seemed like forever because the shop doing it got backed up with work for SEMA.

I'm using a 5mm spacer in the back with them. It's a BMW spacer that has the 5x120 bolt pattern. Then so that I didn't have to install longer studs I'm using extended lug nuts that stick back into the wheel hole to recapure the thread on the stud that is lost from using the spacer.

Last edited by GTO1_OHIO; 02-22-2009 at 03:36 PM.

hugger orange

we do have an odd bolt pattern, but it's only about a half mm off of a standard large chevy 5 pattern so we can bolt a standard pattern wheel right up with no problem, just use a hubcentric disk to be sure to keep everything aligned right and the wheel perfectly centered.
    im running a standard large chevy 5 pattern on mine and have been for two years + with no problems, shakes, or vibrations

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

we do have an odd bolt pattern, but it's only about a half mm off of a standard large chevy 5 pattern so we can bolt a standard pattern wheel right up with no problem, just use a hubcentric disk to be sure to keep everything aligned right and the wheel perfectly centered.
    im running a standard large chevy 5 pattern on mine and have been for two years + with no problems, shakes, or vibrations
    You are spreading the studs a little and that could make then fail over time. The guys that tune my car have seen that happen on other makes. Could be exactly why I've seen so many guys posting that they've had to replace the studs on our cars.

Thread Information