PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

Update time! No number yet, getting close though!

UPDATE TIME-------------------This is gonna be a long read, sorry.

A friend came over and we went for a ride, well, ive been having trouble with really getting anymore boost then 5 or 6lbs and more recently, after my last attempt to fix the issue, only about 3-4.

So, anyway, i decided to give him a ride, as suspected, uneventful to me with the low boost and lack of first gear boost in general.

He decides we are GOING to figure this shit out. SO we started by attempting to use the boost controller in the fashion in which Halmen says to use it.

NOTHING, so we decided to just remove every line going to the wastegate and just run it and see what happens. Amazingly, boost climbs to 7lbs, the gate opens, and boost flat lines,

This is weird because their is 7lbs worth of springs in my PTE 44mm wastegate and NO LINES RUNNIG TO IT. Odd, so with that said, i must have a monster backpressure issue. Is my assumption at this point. Until i measure it and debunk it.

SO, i referenced the manifold to the bottom of the gate and then used the compressor from outlet the turbo to the MBC and took that to the top port of the gate to apply pressure to the top. (tried this a couple weeks ago, but didnt it wrong, i guess)

After a few trial and errors, MBC are very touchy and require very small adjusts, much smaller then i thought.

Anyhow, With the manifold going to the bottom port, the compressor going through the MBC to the top port, i was able to get her to lock in on 9lbs, I will be going to 12.

Anyway, 9lbs AFR were alittle fat, 10.7-9 but id rather them be their when im testing things. ANyway, it sustained 9lbs through 2 and 3rd without creep, i was very happy about this.

OK, after all this, we, HE, lol, decided we would tackle the no boost in first gear issue.

His first thought, lets remove the "air filter" that i made, and see what happens.

HOLY SHIT! I brought it up on the brakes, got it around 2100rpm the tires let loose so i let off the brakes and gunnned it. HOLY SHIT! Boost started building fairly quickley, i think it should be faster, but we have alot more tuning to do, either way, the car went was just burning the tires off, so i let out, it grabbed, i got back in it, shifted to second and it went back sideways again.

So, moral of the story, I need to make a better filter as it is far to restrictive, that turbo just lights up now in second and third gear, i think we can help first with some more timing down low leading into boost.

Anyways, thought id drop a LONG update with a few things, the 4l60 is still holding, still cant get it to shift to third gear without letting out of the throttle. But we are getting their.

NO clue on numbers, But this thing is feeling incredible right now. Cannot wait until we get a chance to lean her out some and add some timing!

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Thanks for the update, keep us posted!!!!!!

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Sounds like you uncorked some more torque. lol Glad to hear.

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

It sounds like i need a bigger down pipe as well. 3" is probably not big enough

Thread Information