PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

twins with truck manifolds?

anybody done twins with the truck manifolds facing forward?

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

I looked hard at doing a twin install up front just not a very feasable endeavor,one big single is a real pain as well ,thats why i built mine the way I did,works awesome.

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

right on. im building a single remote right now. just thinking about the future

Carousel Red
    2005 Pontiac GTO

Why truck manifolds? The GenTT kits use the stockers "flipped and forward" and those kits put down some great power.
    Steve
    2005 Carousel Red Twin Turbo GTO
    Click for full size
    My Garage

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I have never seen a TT GTO with manis facing forward. My friends APS'ed 05 has the snails straddling the tranny. Car hauls @$$ too.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by scauffiel View Post
    Why truck manifolds? The GenTT kits use the stockers "flipped and forward" and those kits put down some great power.
    yes but you have to cut the hell out of the car to make them work,thats the first kit I purchased,one needs to cut the drivers side sub frame to clear the manifolds hookup,then move the air conditioner lines,if you can get someone to mod them for you,the front bumper needs to hacked as well as up under the passenger side head light,the kit does put down some power,but at what cost,man Im not knocking your kit its a good setup but they all have their cost,I personally was NOT willing to cut and hack up MY new GTO,beside my setup works and I am happy with it,fastest ls2 in the USA aint bad for a shade tree red neck country boy eh..
    mods: custom built twins, built 408 w/l92 stock GM heads,GM matching intake,drag bags,frame ties,aluminum drive shaft, performabuilt 4l80e,Yank converter,ohios fastest and quickest 04-06 GTO 9.52 at 144mph. 1.50 60ft on stock rear end and shafts/suspension,on drag radials.

Carousel Red
    2005 Pontiac GTO

I don't recall cutting anything to get my manifolds to fit. They just bolted right up. You don't like the way the rest of it was packaged or routed or whatever, fine, but he asked about manifolds. I was just curious as to why he chose to ask about truck manifolds over the manifolds that come on his car. Of course, on a single turbo system I'm guessing it's not going to be so easy with them pointing up.
    Last edited by scauffiel; 03-31-2009 at 04:57 PM.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by JAX04 View Post
    right on. im building a single remote right now. just thinking about the future
    I think the manifolds you are talking of wont work,there are so many clearance problems, like the alternatorand the power steering pump on the drivers side(ls2),really hard to put anything up front on our cars,very limited on room,by the time you get two turbos ,and they would need to be pretty small,waste gates ,a blow off valve and then pipe the exhaust back down under the car you would be very tight pressed for room,and the exhaust piping would be 2inch or smaller. I looked at this all about a month ago,more work then I wanted to do,so I just put my kit back on.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

I don't recall cutting anything to get my manifolds to fit. They just bolted right up. You don't like the way the rest of it was packaged or routed or whatever, fine, but he asked about manifolds. I was just curious as to why he chose to ask about truck manifolds over the manifolds that come on his car. Of course, on a single turbo system I'm guessing it's not going to be so easy with them pointing up.
    I think he was referring to the log style they stay right in line with the exhaust exits,I dont think they would work at least on an 05-06 would need to look at and 04,still alot of fabbing,I have a set of stainless headers I fabbed to try and make it work up front ,I decided best to just keep what I have.

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

right on. would seem like ill just stay with the option i have already, if i do anything in the future might be a twin aps setup. custom of course but something like that. who knows, maybe ill just go all motor in the future then spray the hell out of it. i dont know what the future holds for me. i know i got all these parts and now the money has run dry so it looks like ill just drive around with turbo in the trunk for awhile and say hey, i got a turbo. LOL. well see how it turns out

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

and i asked about it cuz it was and idea given to me my by someone who has thought about it before he decided to spray. so i figured id ask about it. he said it had been, so i asked

Thread Information