Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tuners

black, and black
    04 M6

tuners

whats the reason everyone uses Diablosport's tuner, cost? best tuner? im looking at getting a jet tuner from jegs just wondering why im seeing Diablosport's as the one people are useing.
    this is what im looking at getting
    http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...0002_345886_-1
    Last edited by kyemt; 06-04-2007 at 02:04 PM. Reason: add link

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I'd use a true mail order tune from www.nelsonperformance.com over and above any canned tuner.
    This is my signature. It is mine. Nobody else has one like it.

black, and black
    04 M6

tuner

well im not wanting to spend over 400, would u suggest the dialabo sport or the jet? besides all i have is mass air, K&n fipk, underdrive, and flowmaster exhaust

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

OK...go spend $379.99? You think you must have tons of mods for a real tune versus a canned tune?

black, and black
    04 M6

tune

i dont know much about tuners thats why i started this forum, i dont know what a canned tune is. Im just asking for a lil help thanks for your repleys

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Oh hell kid I ain't busting your ass....ask away....I'm just saying those hand helds aren't a custom tune for your car...they are generic and don't really add much at all when compared to a mail order tune.....Nelson can flat ass tune your car via the mail to your specs and to your specific car that no handheld can even come close to...you also get free changes and re tunes as needed.....I just want to see you get what you paid for...and be happy with it....Short of a full blown in person dyno tune or HP Tuners....Nelsons mail order tunes are outstanding and have proven to beat the shit out of any hand held tune thousands of times a year....give him a call and discuss...don't cost you nothing.........

black, and black
    04 M6

nelsons

cool thanks for calling me kid makes me feel young again lol does this nelsons have a web site and if they send me a tune how do i install it on my car? im used to old school horse power, i dont really know how to do any kind of programming or anything like that

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by kyemt View Post
    cool thanks for calling me kid makes me feel young again lol does this nelsons have a web site and if they send me a tune how do i install it on my car? im used to old school horse power, i dont really know how to do any kind of programming or anything like that
    I call everybody "kid" If your older than me you got wireless in your coffin. Yeah I gave you his website link in my first post....but here it is again... www.nelsonperformance.com it is easy as hell....

black, and black
    04 M6

thanks

ah im 30 and it makes me feel young to be called kid but anyway ill check out the link
    thanks sarge exactlly what i was looking for now if i can just find my pcm lol i believe i will get that tune =next month spent way too much money this month
    Last edited by kyemt; 06-05-2007 at 04:32 AM. Reason: add response

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I call everybody "kid" If your older than me you got wireless in your coffin. Yeah I gave you his website link in my first post....but here it is again... www.nelsonperformance.com it is easy as hell....
    hey sarge im lookin on selling my z in bout two months and im gonna do cai, pulley, shiftkit, and tune on my goat...as with the n20 kit as well...this nelson tune seems to be the way to go over the handhelds...soo how much rwhp will i typically benefit from it?? should i wait till after i get my headers for the tune?? also do you know how much it is for this mail order and are there any special specification that i should look out for when filling out the tune order sheet? thanks and sorry for so many questions,lol
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

Impulse Blue
    2006 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by blackz-lt1 View Post
    hey sarge im lookin on selling my z in bout two months and im gonna do cai, pulley, shiftkit, and tune on my goat...as with the n20 kit as well...this nelson tune seems to be the way to go over the handhelds...soo how much rwhp will i typically benefit from it?? should i wait till after i get my headers for the tune?? also do you know how much it is for this mail order and are there any special specification that i should look out for when filling out the tune order sheet? thanks and sorry for so many questions,lol
    I know you should wait till you get your headers BEFORE you get a tune. You NEED a tune to get the full benefit from headers. And you will also need a good tune with the nitrous to get the most out of it and be safe. If I were you I'd wait till you get everything and have it installed at once and have it dyno tuned. Most places will dyno tune your car in-house (no mailing in your cars comp. and waiting) for around $500. Also, DO NOT USE a handheld tuner with your nitrous, handhelds advance your timing which will cause a lean condition with nitrous....then your motor goes boom. Sarge knows a lot more than I do so he would be able to help you out a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by tyxpx View Post
    I know you should wait till you get your headers BEFORE you get a tune. You NEED a tune to get the full benefit from headers. And you will also need a good tune with the nitrous to get the most out of it and be safe. If I were you I'd wait till you get everything and have it installed at once and have it dyno tuned. Most places will dyno tune your car in-house (no mailing in your cars comp. and waiting) for around $500. Also, DO NOT USE a handheld tuner with your nitrous, handhelds advance your timing which will cause a lean condition with nitrous....then your motor goes boom. Sarge knows a lot more than I do so he would be able to help you out a little more.
    yyyeeah your right...i knew i prob should just wait...cause im lookin into cams too, soo if i get one ill prob just wait for the dynotune...if i dont ill prob just get the mailorder, i just want my tanny to shift firmer..i hate the stock shifting outta of it,lol..by the way im digging your goat, always had a soft spot for the impulse

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Call Allen....his tunes are based off real life dyno tunes with your specific products/bolt ons so they are as good as any "in person" dyno tune as they are very specific. Call Allen and talk to him....

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Call Allen....his tunes are based off real life dyno tunes with your specific products/bolt ons so they are as good as any "in person" dyno tune as they are very specific. Call Allen and talk to him....
    that sounds pretty great man, exactly what im lookin for, actually better... but whos allen? lol, do you mean at nelsonperformance or whatev? and where can i find some good stainless steel longtubes for a good price?

Impulse Blue
    2006 GTO

Yeah....I love the Impulse too, looks awsome with black rims IMO. Got some on order Hey Sarge...whats the turn around time with the mail order tune? I'd imagine a few weeks or so.. Oh yeah, Blackz-lt1...Look into the Nx 1pc. Maf kit for your nitrous kit, if I go with nitrous that's the one I'm gonna go with.

Impulse Blue
    2006 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by blackz-lt1 View Post
    that sounds pretty great man, exactly what im lookin for, actually better... but whos allen? lol, do you mean at nelsonperformance or whatev? and where can i find some good stainless steel longtubes for a good price?
    Stay away from the SLP LT Headers, They have crap for ground clearance. I've heard nothing but good things from the kooks Lt's for the GTO.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

True...SW and Kooks seem to be very good...SLP is dragging the ground on many Goats....

Yeah....I love the Impulse too, looks awsome with black rims IMO. Got some on order Hey Sarge...whats the turn around time with the mail order tune? I'd imagine a few weeks or so.. Oh yeah, Blackz-lt1...Look into the Nx 1pc. Maf kit for your nitrous kit, if I go with nitrous that's the one I'm gonna go with.
    ill def look into it...see i got the whole kit allready on my z,lol
    Stay away from the SLP LT Headers, They have crap for ground clearance. I've heard nothing but good things from the kooks Lt's for the GTO.
    yeah i heard that kooks have greeeat clearance, i was also looking into dynatech cause one of my buddys got them on his formula....ill prob get kooks though cause its my dd, so if i have to run something over i dont wanna mess anything up,lol

black, and black
    04 M6

nelsons

im going do the nelsons thing from what i read u buy there computer and install and send your ld one to them, so no down time

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Post up your experience and results/

Thread Information