red
    85 corvette

t56 shifter ? wich short through shifter

hey, just got a 06 gto, bought the first and only one i drove, but it very clean.
    My problem is and i searched shifting problems but..,
    the car shifts "smooth" and i never miss a grear and sorts, but my other cars an older corvette, 4sp totally different and thats what im used to, the gto seems like your meshing gears wile you shift(noise)especially while cold. I suppose this is normal.
    Whats the short through shifter everyone likes? i like the look of the chrome w/white nob, is there a brand that has this look?
    thanks, mike

I went to Playboy Mansion FantaZGuy28's Avatar

YJ
    04 GTO M6

Get a GMM Ripshift, you will never miss 3rd gear again...ive driven stick my whole life and the stock GTO shifter sucks donkey balls and is the only car ive had a problem with. I also would shift into 5th and miss it and grind reverse lol. Problem solved with the Ripshift. They have a street and race version, both are the same but with street a lot of people on LS1gto.com will put a LSS(lou short stick). I have the race myself, and best mod you can do for a M6 GTO.

red
    85 corvette

ok, cool, what about the noise problem i have?seems when you put it in a gear you can "feel" the selector gear mesh with the drive gear, if that makes sence. and is that normal? my vette goes into gear with for instance you could shift with your pinky finger, the goat no way,hard to explain

I went to Playboy Mansion FantaZGuy28's Avatar

YJ
    04 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by truckman View Post
    ok, cool, what about the noise problem i have?seems when you put it in a gear you can "feel" the selector gear mesh with the drive gear, if that makes sence. and is that normal? my vette goes into gear with for instance you could shift with your pinky finger, the goat no way,hard to explain
    I know what your talking about with the pinky shift. Cant quite do that with the GTO. But it does make it a lot smoother of a shift. Maybe you can find a counterweight shift knob. I had that on my Evo and it worked great.

As far as the gear mesh with the drive gear, ive never knoticed if I have that problem or not.

red
    85 corvette

ok, thanks, yah im not having a problem with it, just a different kinda style im not used to, ill get that shifter then, thanks, mike

Thread Information