Barbados Blue
    2004 GTO

Subframe bushings done

I finally finally finished installing my Energy Suspension subframe bushings. After I did all my research and got help from a few board members, it wasn't that hard at all.

This article is pretty much what you need to follow to install them:
    http://kb.ls1gto.com/KB/article.aspx...1&cNode=7T6C7G

I bought new bolts but did not use them because the original ones were still in good condition. I'll probably take them back or keep them. To get those center bolts out I used a breaker bar and they broke lose pretty easy. After breaking through the thread locker and then removing the center bolt, I removed the other 3 bolts with ease. To get the bushing out I just did what was in that article, basically you lower the cross member enough to take the flimsy upper bushing off and then put a socket on top and in the center of the lower bushing, then jack up the cross member until it starts to pop out.

After replacing those, I went and got another alignment done and she drives straight as an arrow now.

Overall the handling, breaking, and responsiveness is definitely better. I highly recommend upgrading the bushings in your car's suspension. I plan to do the rest of the rear end bushings at a later date. I'm taking a break now and enjoying the car.

Yellow
    2005 GTO M6 - One of 498

Quote Originally Posted by EZGTO View Post
    I finally finally finished installing my Energy Suspension subframe bushings. After I did all my research and got help from a few board members, it wasn't that hard at all.

This article is pretty much what you need to follow to install them:
    http://kb.ls1gto.com/KB/article.aspx...1&cNode=7T6C7G

I bought new bolts but did not use them because the original ones were still in good condition. I'll probably take them back or keep them. To get those center bolts out I used a breaker bar and they broke lose pretty easy. After breaking through the thread locker and then removing the center bolt, I removed the other 3 bolts with ease. To get the bushing out I just did what was in that article, basically you lower the cross member enough to take the flimsy upper bushing off and then put a socket on top and in the center of the lower bushing, then jack up the cross member until it starts to pop out.

After replacing those, I went and got another alignment done and she drives straight as an arrow now.

Overall the handling, breaking, and responsiveness is definitely better. I highly recommend upgrading the bushings in your car's suspension. I plan to do the rest of the rear end bushings at a later date. I'm taking a break now and enjoying the car.
    Nice job, thanks for the info...

Thread Information