Nothing special
    Nothing special

So my warranty is almost up...Sarge?

Time to give the GTO a serious kick in the pants.

Plans:
    Headers
    Midpipe
    Catback
    Supercharger
    Tune

Exhaust: I am not looking to change the exhaust note TOO much, as I am pretty happy with the stock sound. But there is some (relatively) cheap horsepower to be found in uncorking the restrictive factory exhaust set up. So, long tubes, h pipe, and catback are on the plate to be installed. What are your recommendations for headers and h pipe? I know the pickings will be slim, considering the number of GTOs that were sold, but still looking for some input.

Blower: I'm more familiar with centrifugal style blowers than I am with the roots style, and am most likely going the ATI Procharger route. The ATI seems the most 'polished', and more in line with what I want to achieve output wise.

Tune: A custom tune will be a MUST. Is the LS1 and engine management pretty much standard fare? Meaning someone experienced with a LS1 'Vette or Fbody should be able to handle it? If that being the case, any recommendations for about a 300 mile radius around Mobile, Alabama?

I've got no problems installing all of the above myself, and no problems putting the GTO on a flatbed and spending a few days with a reputable tuner.

Black
    06 Chevy Caprice HT (RIP)

Wink

WADE!!!!

How r ya man, Welcome to the other side.....

May i suggest stainless works exhaust...They offer chambered 3" dual mufflers that will uncork it for you as well as keep the tone to a mellow roar...i think its GTOTOLTM for the part #...

They also have a sweet set of headers that will knock the pants off the competition..

As for ur supercharger, i only would only consider Procharger...It acts just about the same as a turbo but without the lag and complications of BOV and exhaust routings. It isnt like a root blower that will blow ur top off, and drop off quickly towards the end...

As for the tune there is only one man i would trust...and sarge would agree, Allen is your man...

But what about a cam? You can get some serious power from a sweet cam, the above mentioned parts, minus the blower, a wick pair of ported heads, and a 90mm intake setup...

To be honest i would stick with a NA engine...less complicated and more drive time and less shop time...

I am waiting to put my new heads on and pump out 420+ponies and 380ftlb...

Nothing special
    Nothing special

I've installed blowers on 3 previous Mustangs, so I'm very familiar with the install. This is will be the first one I haven't had to tap the oil pan, which is kinda nice. That was completely nerve wrecking the first time I did it. Not so much the two times after.

After all the above, the next hurdle will be wheel hop. Not looking forward to that.......

Black
    06 Chevy Caprice HT (RIP)

I have the cure,

Tein shock kit...You can adjust them and they dont sag...Plus the Harrop diff cover will reduce a lot of it...

you can thank me later...

Those Japs know how to do everything...
    American Muscle, Australian Design, Japanese Methods

Thread Information