black
    2004 Gto

serious upgrades!

so ive finaly saved up a few grand that im putting into my stock 04 gto. im wanting to do some type of set up with either a turbo, twin turbo, or supercharger setup. Does anyone have info on what upgrade ill have to do in order to support those extra horse power mods? And any feed back on what set up you guys are running out their? Only turbos and superchargers please no nitros. Thanks!

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Well there are Turbo/Blower kits that just bolt on.
    From there I would definetly upgrade my suspension/Driveline.
    Also check out a stiffy.....
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105243

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by gogto777 View Post
    so ive finaly saved up a few grand that im putting into my stock 04 gto. im wanting to do some type of set up with either a turbo, twin turbo, or supercharger setup. Does anyone have info on what upgrade ill have to do in order to support those extra horse power mods? And any feed back on what set up you guys are running out their? Only turbos and superchargers please no nitros. Thanks!

The easiest path to a twin turbo is to get together with qwkgto. See what he just did for someone on a totally stock car. http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...20#post1961320 But yeah Sarge is right about suspension/driveline if you wnat to be able to put it to the street without breaking things. And getting a stiffy is a must. lol

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

agreed^^^ depends on trans m6 needs clutch,drag bags ,drive shaft,auto need some building to last and same other mods as the M6. turbos are a great power adder,while maintaining great drivability and the gas milage does increase.my kits are bolt on.

black
    2004 Gto

i see qwkgto so your turbos they are all coustom built for 04 gto's? What kinda horse power can i expect to get out of from one of your set ups? And what is the range money wise you charge?

torrid red
    2004 GTO

i am in the same boat as gogto, with a 04 gto and want a turbo kit. maybe you can throw me a suggestion to. thanks for the link sarge.

Gray
    2005 GTO

As stated The Suspension is Key to your GTO..If you had a 1,0000 HP car how would you get the power to the Wheels.Next Think what You want to Do with the GTO there are Many Bolt on kits that will give you 500+ hp on the street and thats Fine if thats what You want....Frank

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

complete with fuel upgrades,this includes turbo,intercooler,return fuel system tuned .ready to drive,my kit ($6200 ready to rock) .
    you bring me car or have a shipping co. deliver car.
    last one I done guy said it was $350 one way,500rwh is very easy 5-8psi boost 10 is around 650rwh, keep the cars drivability and gain gas milage ,well when you not in the throttle.with 13 psi and stock ls2 my car an 05 went 10.6 @129mph built transmission with drag radials.
    the beauty of turbos is the ability to run them with the stock setup,boost controlers allow you to turn the boost up for the track,yes diveline upgrades are part of that equasion,but thats up to the cars owner,I highly suggest a 1 peice aluminum drive shaft,drag bags on an auto 50-75 tq management taken out,leaving some in keeps your stock trans in line,on an M6 car a good clutch and the same mods as the A4 and its game on..
    mods: custom built twins, built 408 w/l92 stock GM heads,GM matching intake,drag bags,frame ties,aluminum drive shaft, performabuilt 4l80e,Yank converter,ohios fastest and quickest 04-06 GTO 9.52 at 144mph. 1.50 60ft on stock rear end and shafts/suspension,on drag radials.

Gray
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Jack View Post
    Frank, What do you think of the procharcer? Thanks, Jack
    Not a Bad Bolt On....system....frank

torrid red
    2004 GTO

that sounds good to me. so i would see a 150rwhp boost and the $6200 cost does that include the labor? either way i will have to scrape up some money though and contact you again. however i am sure i will have many more questions or problems that i will ask you about if you dont mind. thanks man

Qucik Silver Metalic
    2004 GTO - M6

Being old school I stay normally aspirated build up the motor and suspension.
    dropping all your $'s into one facet of the vehicle (the motor) will draw more attention to the weaker points on the suspension...in my opinion

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Correct^^^
    You must balance your muscle car.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by speedster04 View Post
    that sounds good to me. so i would see a 150rwhp boost and the $6200 cost does that include the labor? either way i will have to scrape up some money though and contact you again. however i am sure i will have many more questions or problems that i will ask you about if you dont mind. thanks man
    yes that is installed and tuned,you will be very happy,upgrades in the driveline are aways an option,ive ran tens for three years on stock rear end,and motor.there are aussie gtos that are running completely stock and running 10s, all in the tune,which is 90% of these cars put all the best parts money can buy and damn car could be a turd,without right tune.

Qucik Silver Metalic
    2004 GTO - M6

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Correct^^^
    You must balance your muscle car.
    grasshopper

pewter
    2000 ss slp

procharger all the way skrew turbo lag thats what i got on my ss i love it ull have to buy a new torq arm or ull spin the whole way down the track... when i shift into 3rd i go sideways at 80

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by sscharged View Post
    procharger all the way skrew turbo lag thats what i got on my ss i love it ull have to buy a new torq arm or ull spin the whole way down the track... when i shift into 3rd i go sideways at 80
    So maybe alil lag is good eh? I see your in Ohio lets see what your procharger does against my turbos,well see how much lag I have ...lol ..does not matter its all about the setup,prochargers have to be at about the same RPM as a turbo,had them both,benefits of a turbo they dont eat 30hp per 100hp to drive a sliping belt.

White
    09 G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by gogto777 View Post
    How many miles do you have on your 04?

Thread Information