Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rotors?

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Rotors?

Anyone had problems with low miles and the rotors being warped? My GTO shakes when I apply the brakes during highway driving. I am thinking maybe the rotors are warped. It is going to the dealership tomorrow to have them check it out. Warranty FTW.

Also; Anyone had problems with their gas cap not tightening? Mine started today. It is aggravating that I am already having minor problems.

On a brighter note I ordered Headers yesterday. Cant wait to have them installed. Next is a tune and maybe some wider tires on the back. I hope to be in the 12's when the track opens back up.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

the gas cap is a known issue.....probably can get it fixed under warranty. Do many high speed stops? That will warp rotors. I haven't really read where warped rotors were much of a problem on the goats like the f-bodies but it's not uncommon for any rotor to warp.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    Anyone had problems with low miles and the rotors being warped? My GTO shakes when I apply the brakes during highway driving. I am thinking maybe the rotors are warped. It is going to the dealership tomorrow to have them check it out. Warranty FTW.

Also; Anyone had problems with their gas cap not tightening? Mine started today. It is aggravating that I am already having minor problems.

On a brighter note I ordered Headers yesterday. Cant wait to have them installed. Next is a tune and maybe some wider tires on the back. I hope to be in the 12's when the track opens back up.
    look back in some of the older threads for more info on the frontend shake...lots ppeople ahve had it. could be just some corrosion between the wheel and hub, warped rotor, warn strut bushing.
    hope its a quick and simple fix for you!

if you are putting the headers on your self you know its required that you make a few passes up and down the block with just opened headers

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    look back in some of the older threads for more info on the frontend shake...lots ppeople ahve had it. could be just some corrosion between the wheel and hub, warped rotor, warn strut bushing.
    hope its a quick and simple fix for you!

if you are putting the headers on your self you know its required that you make a few passes up and down the block with just opened headers
    I will be sure to upset the neighbors.

How much of a pain in the ass are the headers on a Goat? I remember the ones on my T/A took forever and were a royal pain.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

not to bad really. Much more room than the f-bodies. The pain in the ass on the goats is dropping the rack. Well, dropping the rack ain't that bad...it's getting those damn lines started when you're putting it back together that sucks.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    the gas cap is a known issue.....probably can get it fixed under warranty. Do many high speed stops? That will warp rotors. I haven't really read where warped rotors were much of a problem on the goats like the f-bodies but it's not uncommon for any rotor to warp.
    I have only driven the car about 600 miles. Most of my driving is in the city. The previous owner may have driven it a lot on the highway I guess. Hopefully the warranty covers them.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

not to bad really. Much more room than the f-bodies. The pain in the ass on the goats is dropping the rack. Well, dropping the rack ain't that bad...it's getting those damn lines started when you're putting it back together that sucks.
    My dad owns a shop so i have access to a lift. That should make things easier than last time.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

not sure what warranty you have but most that I'm aware of consider brake parts normal wear items and are not covered. Doesn't hurt to ask though.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

not sure what warranty you have but most that I'm aware of consider brake parts normal wear items and are not covered. Doesn't hurt to ask though.
    I just have the regular factory warranty. I figured they may replace them since the car only has 16K on it. At least they will tell me what the problem is for free so I can get it fixed cheaper than what they will charge me.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    My dad owns a shop so i have access to a lift. That should make things easier than last time.
    it took me about 3 hours with jackstands and air tools.

i know with my pacsetter lt's had to unhook the streering linkage, unbolt the rack and move it back a few inches, put the drivers side header up in place(unbolted) then bolt rack and linkage back up, then bolt the haeder up.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

it took me about 3 hours with jackstands and air tools.

i know with my pacsetter lt's had to unhook the streering linkage, unbolt the rack and move it back a few inches, put the drivers side header up in place(unbolted) then bolt rack and linkage back up, then bolt the haeder up.
    Shouldnt be too bad. Thanks for the help guys. Ill know what was wrong with the front end shake tomorrow as I just dropped her off at the stealership

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

They withstood warping a lil longer than my Z did but I still warped them. Then again driving on the roads I live on the way I do I get lucky to get 6 months out of any rotors without warping. I got a recall notice for the gas cap. Got mine replaced and it still does it

hugger orange

off topic.....go to the auto parts store and pickup the $12 plastic battery box, read Sarge's writeup on battery relocation and move it to the trunk.
    that will take 40lbs+ from out infront of the front wheels and aid in traction

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

off topic.....go to the auto parts store and pickup the $12 plastic battery box, read Sarge's writeup on battery relocation and move it to the trunk.
    that will take 40lbs+ from out infront of the front wheels and aid in traction
    Sweet, I will definitely look that up. Traction is definitely an issue. Suspension will be coming as soon as I can afford it

hugger orange

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Thanks I appreciate it.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Looks like I have another project when I do the headers. Outstanding write up too.

04 GTO QuickSilver
    95 MarkVIII wifey white

Quote Originally Posted by slims00ls1z28 View Post
    They withstood warping a lil longer than my Z did but I still warped them. Then again driving on the roads I live on the way I do I get lucky to get 6 months out of any rotors without warping. I got a recall notice for the gas cap. Got mine replaced and it still does it
    Thats probably because they replace it with the OEM one which is crap. Go get yourself a stant and be done with it. Nothing to lose except the tether.
    Fixed my cel problem that occured @ every 4 days.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Well, my rotors were warped in the front. Wheel shake is now fixed. Headers are goin in friday

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Got my headers installed, and I am getting a tune and ported intake/TB in january. I love the way the car sounds now. Pacesetters FTW... Ebay special 279$

Thread Information