Thread: Reverse Switch?

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Reverse Switch?

OK. A month after I bought my GTO it started blowing fuses for the hazard and turn signal. I noticed my L/F sidemarker bulb popped. I replaced the bulb and all was good for a year...until last Friday. My car started blowin the turn signal and hazard fuse AGAIN! I have been outside all morning today trying to find out what was causing the short. I typed in the issue and gave me a link to another GTO forum I was a member of and the threads. Someone also had the problem but after they installed a V1 radar detector. I saw the pic and noticed a wire. I had the same wire and I pulled it out. The previous owner had a hardwired detector and possibly an I-Pod interface along with a special harness running from the car harness to the T/C to run the detector and the harness has burn marks like something was shorted. I replaced both turn signal and hazard fuses and turned the car on and hit the left turn signal and popped the turn signal fuse, I then hit the hazards and THAT fuse went. I had left the car in reverse and when the turn signal fuse went, my backups went out.

So I can assume the reverse lights are run off the signals and the hazards and the reverse switch is toast?

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Welp, threw the Goat on the lift and disconnected the reverse switch and put in ANOTHER fuse and my signals work. I didn't think the GTO was wired like an F-Body. Who knew...?

extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

OK mods...just puttin this out here. GM/Delco part #14069600. Don't know it the FBodies use the same reverse switch, but I figured the mod staff would sticky this for future reference...if it hasn't been added already.

ALSO...I think the harness that was connected to the T/C is a skip-shift eliminator. So I guess I had TWO skip-shift eliminators? The one connected to the T/C and the one downloaded from HPTuners? Why do I have this feeling I may have the SLP Bobcat 421 package? I dunno.

Thread Information