Cosmos Purple
    2004 GTO M6

Repro SAP Grills on Ebay

Just to let you guys know, there is a dude on ebay repro'in SAP Grills. $335+ shipping. They look pretty decent, and has a money back guarantee. They are molded in black. You would have to prep and paint to suit yourself. I sure beats paying $500 plus for the OEM ones.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-R...spagenameZWD1V
    Last edited by Mich's04; 11-08-2007 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Update link
    04 Cosmos Purple M6, SAP Grills & Spoiler, '05 Hood, Procharger, TrickFlow 515 HP H/C Kit, SLP LT Headers/LM II, '05 Big Red Brake upgrade, Drag bags, Holden CV8R wheels, GMM Ripshifter. Tuned by New Era: 515 rwhp/471 ft.lbs. Retuned by J&J Speed: Speed Density tuned 586rwhp/ 492 ft.lbs.

IBM
    2006 GTO

Installed on a car

I have had these in my hand and lemme tell you the quality is 99% exact to manufacturers specs.

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200788

Nero
    2006 gto

Is it just me or does that seem like a LOT of money to pay for some plastic...

Cosmos Purple
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by PatrizioD View Post
    Is it just me or does that seem like a LOT of money to pay for some plastic...
    I agree with you.
    But it goes back to the old adage "supply and demand."
    As you already know, there aren't many OEM SAP grills around. So the supply is down. Apparently current GTO owners want these grills bad enough that they are paying the high price for them, which unfortunately drives the market cost up.

The person that is selling these, is also manufacturing them I believe. Which means he has to make enough money to recoup the cost for the R&D work, tooling, materials, etc. Not cheap to do.
    The company that originally made the SAP Grill package was in Austria. They went out of business. Those units sold for about $225 at a GM dealer. And I thought that was a high price to pay.

Nero
    2006 gto

Good points u make there...but its still pricey! Is this the only part of the front end SAP package? I could have sworn that there was a lower front bumper mod.... regardless, I think im going to put a JHP kit on it.

Cosmos Purple
    2004 GTO M6

I think that you could have ordered a SAP package as a whole kit, or you could have ordered the parts of a kit separately. I've seen a '06 GTO that was ordered with the complete SAP kit. Grills, lower front bumper extention, rear spoiler. Mine was supposedly ordered with just the grills and rear spoiler. How true it is, I don't know.

The JHP kit is cool looking. If I ever come across a wrecked GTO in the future, I'd like to convert it over to a Monaro. Just to have something different.
    Last edited by Mich's04; 11-17-2007 at 07:13 PM.

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

nope i went to the dealer. no more sap parts at all

Silver

Suncoast is almost there also

Quote Originally Posted by Mich's04 View Post
    Just to let you guys know, there is a dude on ebay repro'in SAP Grills. $335+ shipping. They look pretty decent, and has a money back guarantee. They are molded in black. You would have to prep and paint to suit yourself. I sure beats paying $500 plus for the OEM ones.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-R...spagenameZWD1V
    We have been requested to make a set of GTO Sport Appearance Package grilles. We have photos of the first prototypes available at our web site.

Suncoast GTO SAP Grille Prototypes

This week we should have the first parts out of the production molds so I'll update again later this week. We may start taking deposits on a first come first serve basis, to reserve slots in the production schedule.

We are targeting a $300 tp $325 price depending on grille material.
    Best Regards,

SuncoastPrez

Cosmos Purple
    2004 GTO M6

Very Cool Suncoast!
    I like the stainless mesh prototype. And I'm not really a big fan of stainless..unless it's in my kitchen.
    Are going to design a grill with the honeycomb style mesh like OEM?

Silver

Honeycomb will be in round 1.

I'm a big fan of stainless but it is a real pain to work with so round 1 will probably be limited to the aluminum prototype you've seen plus a honeycomb metal. I think it looks better than the original. I'll get some pics soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mich's04 View Post
    Very Cool Suncoast!
    I like the stainless mesh prototype. And I'm not really a big fan of stainless..unless it's in my kitchen.
    Are going to design a grill with the honeycomb style mesh like OEM?

yellow
    04 gto

well is there a number to order the grills

Silver

Suncoast SAP Grilles.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto View Post
    well is there a number to order the grills
    Good news and bad news.

The bad news first. The guys back in the development shop tell me I'll have photos of the final products between today and Friday. I'll post as soon as I get them. I know the Honeycomb mesh was not going to get delivered until yesterday. These guys do great work but can be a bit slow for my taste.

The good news. We will be starting out with two mesh styles at $325 (unpainted). The diamond aluminum shown previously, and a honeycomb aluminum (my favorite, so far). We have been in discussion with RaceMesh and will be working with them to provide these parts with RaceMesh's three styles of Stainless Steel. We are targeting $425 in the stainless.

We are also in discussions with a paint shop to make factory colors available. No final price yet and of course we are try to get it as low as possible and still provide a top quality part.

I've got the placeholder in our shopping cart but not all the variations. You are welcome to order the basic part and before we ship we'll contact you about possible variations. The phone number is 888-255-8900.

http://www.suncoastramairhoods.com/s...?productID=456

Expect to see more within the next 3 to 5 days.

Silver

Suncoast SAP Grilles are available.

Suncoast's SAP Grille sets are now available.

Suncoast GTO Grilles

Thread Information