HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar

Angry Really starting to get upset...

ok soo my back speakers just decided to stop working today in my gto. not blown out. just stop workin. front and mids work great but back ones are dead. im starting to get pissed that a low $ 30 thousand car new experiences problems like this w only 31k miles on it. Not to mention all the suspension problems im facing cause the australians used garbage hardware..I love my gto. but i wish sometimes it took car of me as well i took care of it...SOOO..Am i able to swap out the back speakers w aftermarket ones from bestbuy etc. Wo replacing the whole radio and other speakers??? will this work properly and sound normal/better/worse??
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

You can swap just the speakers no problem. Yup...the stereo should have been a much higher quality w/GPS....dont get me started on the shit suspension.....but our GTO's are like a Playboy Centerfold for a wife....we love to fuck em and look at em....but what a pain in the ass they turned out to be

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    You can swap just the speakers no problem. Yup...the stereo should have been a much higher quality w/GPS....dont get me started on the shit suspension.....but our GTO's are like a Playboy Centerfold for a wife....we love to fuck em and look at em....but what a pain in the ass they turned out to be
    well put sarge,lol..btw do you happen to know what size and any good brands of speakers that will work for me?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Are these the rear panel speakers or the ones behind the seats?

Awaiting Activation 5.7literMustangEater's Avatar

Torrid Red
    2004 Pontiac GTO

You may wat to check the amp. The speakers may be fine, but the stock amp may have blown its fuse, so check there before you go buying new speakers. My amp use to cut the speakers off when I had my tunes blasting, but I adjusted it and haven't had any problems since. Just a thought.

silver
    2004 gto

Where Is the amp at Mine cuts out too some times
    2004 GTO silver/red int.
    SLP Loudmouth I Exhaust
    Pacesetter Ceramic Coated Headers
    3" Mid pipes (no Cats)
    K&N CAI
    SLP Heavy Duty Sway Bar SLP Sway Bar Bushings
    GMM Ripshift
    125 shot of nitrous HSW
    nittos D/Rs 555R
    Hp Tune 13.03 @ 109 mph (without nitrous, GMM Ripshift, and Nittos)

Torrid Red
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by slpgto2004 View Post
    It is located in the trunk behind the rear driver side seat. Just lift the carpet back and it is right there. There is a knob on it that lets you adjust the level. Just make sure the stereo is on and playing so you can set it to your satisfaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Are these the rear panel speakers or the ones behind the seats?
    yep there the ones behind my back seats
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.7literMustangEater View Post
    You may wat to check the amp. The speakers may be fine, but the stock amp may have blown its fuse, so check there before you go buying new speakers. My amp use to cut the speakers off when I had my tunes blasting, but I adjusted it and haven't had any problems since. Just a thought.
    noo way..hmm that may be it. bare with me man,lol..when i also listen to my radio loud it will cut off and i used to just stop, shut the car off and on and eventually it would be ok..but heres the thing. its only my rear speakers that dont work, is that right?? and what exactly am i looking for when i pull the carpet back to look for the fuse. left or right side?
    Quote Originally Posted by slpgto2004 View Post
    same here man

SOOOO i just got back from getting the amp out. the fuse is fine, 10 amp. (guess aussie fuses have a Z instead of our U loop were used to seeing inside the fuse) i turned up the setting too..funny thing is the speakers didnt really sound any different with or wo the fuse being it the amp.(NO BASS WHATSOEVER) I was blasting motley crue this past weekend pretty loud cause i visited my buddy down @ college. and thats when it happened i think. its just that i noticed it the day after..what should i do?? im afraid if i go to bestbuy and buy new speakers the dumbfuck installers still wont get em to work. and thats just a headache i dont need.. i mean the speakers just cant blow out like that both simultaneously and not have any sound at all...anyone have any other ideas??

Torrid Red
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Raoul-Duke View Post
    SOOOO i just got back from getting the amp out. the fuse is fine, 10 amp. (guess aussie fuses have a Z instead of our U loop were used to seeing inside the fuse) i turned up the setting too..funny thing is the speakers didnt really sound any different with or wo the fuse being it the amp.(NO BASS WHATSOEVER) I was blasting motley crue this past weekend pretty loud cause i visited my buddy down @ college. and thats when it happened i think. its just that i noticed it the day after..what should i do?? im afraid if i go to bestbuy and buy new speakers the dumbfuck installers still wont get em to work. and thats just a headache i dont need.. i mean the speakers just cant blow out like that both simultaneously and not have any sound at all...anyone have any other ideas??
    Well I just sent you a PM before I read the post, so you may just want to disregard that. Have you checked the wires connecting to the back speakers? I don't know if it is possible, but maybe they vibrated loose and are not connected anymore therefore no sound from the rear speakers. Motley Crew can really rock out, so maybe the crew vibrated the wires loose. Just a thought. I wouldn't go to Best Buy to have them install new speakers, if that turns out to be the solution. I would find a more reputable car audio shop and have them do it. May cost a little more, but I think it is worth the money to have the job done right instead of by some high school kids who work at Best Buy and think they know everything about car audio, but really have no clue.

Well I just sent you a PM before I read the post, so you may just want to disregard that. Have you checked the wires connecting to the back speakers? I don't know if it is possible, but maybe they vibrated loose and are not connected anymore therefore no sound from the rear speakers. Motley Crew can really rock out, so maybe the crew vibrated the wires loose. Just a thought. I wouldn't go to Best Buy to have them install new speakers, if that turns out to be the solution. I would find a more reputable car audio shop and have them do it. May cost a little more, but I think it is worth the money to have the job done right instead of by some high school kids who work at Best Buy and think they know everything about car audio, but really have no clue.
    yeah i did in fact check em and their plugged in, so im reeally stumped..why does this have to happen to me along with my suspension problems..fffffffffuck!

Primer
    88 Mustang GT

5.7liter is right dont go to best buy for anything...and as for speakers are you going for clarity and quality or u want some thumpin bass sounds comin from the speakers? also are you puttin subs in the car with it? if ya havent got the speakers workin yet let me know ill look and see what i can figure out about the rear ones and what happened to them hopefully

rednari
    I cannot hear the radio over the headers in my car. So, get a set of headers and your speaker problems will be solved. Ha Ha !

black
    2000 Camaro

Exclamation Fuse?

It is located in the trunk behind the rear driver side seat. Just lift the carpet back and it is right there. There is a knob on it that lets you adjust the level. Just make sure the stereo is on and playing so you can set it to your satisfaction.
    I have a 00 Camaro. I am unable to locate this fuse. Is it in the well?
    Would appreciate better directions in finding it.
    thanks

IBM
    2006 Pontiac GTO

i believe the camaros don't have a stand alone amp for the subwoofers like the gtos do

White
    09 G8 GT

if you go to "options menu" when you first start the car you can turn on that "audio distortion limiter". I was also having problems with the sound cutting out, but i turned that back on....basically it only lets the audio go as loud as it can without overheating the amp. I used to crank it then it would just blank out im like wtf?

White
    09 G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Raoul-Duke View Post
    yep there the ones behind my back seats

noo way..hmm that may be it. bare with me man,lol..when i also listen to my radio loud it will cut off and i used to just stop, shut the car off and on and eventually it would be ok..but heres the thing. its only my rear speakers that dont work, is that right?? and what exactly am i looking for when i pull the carpet back to look for the fuse. left or right side?

same here man
    oh you shouldnt need to turn the car off! when mine would cut out i turned the radio off for 30 seconds or so and back on and its fine, just had to keep the volume at a decent level

Cosmos Purple
    2004 Pontiac GTO

I doubt there's a problem with your speakers. It's probably the AMP, or maybe there is another fuse for the amp in the fuse panel under the dash.

Thread Information