Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

problems with my 66 g.t.o. (help)

I know, I know this is a ls1-2 gto forum, but I'll bet some of you know quite a bit about the old ones too, Now the problem is, is when you press the gas pedal alot or barely, the whole car acts as if it's TURNING left, not leaning or tweaking, feels like the rear end disconnects from the body and the rear end stays straight, but the body (rear) goes to right and the front goes to the left, weird huh, had the front end completely rebuilt, well everthing has been, I might add it does have a 455 stroker in it, but it just started doing this like 3 days ago and the engine has been in like 8 months, it's damn right scary when you launch it on the trans. brake, I won't even drive it, it is so bad. but if I confused you, just read it slow, it'll make sense, (i think), thanks in advance

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

This a posi? Leaf springs?

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

I was kind of hoping you'd chime in sarge, no it's a 4 link- it's all been rebuilt, the rear-nd is a stock 12 bolt axle housing with richmond 4.56 and richmond 33 spline axles, but any idea what this could be?? I've checked everything that I can think of, could it be the bushings in the 4-link set-up? the only way to tell is to take the links off one by one and inspect them, maybe I twisted one of the links? IDK, thanks

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

hey sarge, it does have a detroit mini-spool, in case your unfamiliar basically a really stout locker(posi)

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

That's sorta what I'm thinking...you may have twisted one of the links which of course would cause some problems
    Something is causing one side not to engage....check the links...fix it and sell your car to me.
    I would also look at the axles...are the spline gears cut in em twisted as well by any chance?
    This is my signature. It is mine. Nobody else has one like it.

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

to the naked eye there's nothing wrong with the links, maybe I'll pull them this weekend and guaged by a suspension shop, IDK, hey what does your 04 run in the 1/4? we'd probably have one helluva race between the two, no matter what it'd be fun, and I'm still open for any suggestions on this(not wanting to remove the ass end) so if any of you come up with anything let me know, thanks

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Low 11's all motor....high 10's with a shot....I pulled the nitrous though....staying all motor....yesterday we tuned the MAF out and are getting much better readings throughout the rpm band....tweaking this morning.....doubt I'll see any time off but she sure is running smoother and A/F is perfect..... we were struggling with the MAF ( Z06 MAF) at 5000rpm the MAF was already reading 11000 ...ran out of MAF SD tune is much more accurate for us and this particular setup....

Thread Information