Thread: predator tune

cosmic purple
    2004 GTO

predator tune

Hey all --
    I just purchaced a Predator tune for my 04 A4 purple people eater. This will be my first mod along with a KN cold air intake filter. I was wondering if anyone had anything to say about the tune. I really don't feel like messing with the air fuel mixture. I just want to take the speed limit off & torque mgnt.
    Is this easy to do. Any suggestions would be awesome and or input "SARGE" Shift points would be helpful too

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Installing their more agressive tune will take care of your shift issues and will put the A/F ratio very close to max power. There should be like 3 different preset tunes.
    It will be night and day difference once you turn off the T/M and install there tune. It should bark the tires hard from first to second WFO shifts.

Just follow the directions and have fun!!
    Don't be scared just go step by step.

Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Qucik Silver Metalic
    2004 GTO - M6

Quote Originally Posted by flexman220 View Post
    Hey all --
    I just purchaced a Predator tune for my 04 A4 purple people eater. This will be my first mod along with a KN cold air intake filter. I was wondering if anyone had anything to say about the tune. I really don't feel like messing with the air fuel mixture. I just want to take the speed limit off & torque mgnt.
    Is this easy to do. Any suggestions would be awesome and or input "SARGE" Shift points would be helpful too
    I have an M6 with a cai. I bought mine off ebay (it was cleared). the problem i ran into was a lean mixture, uped the gas by 11% and no longer codes. I would surmise the program was written with box for intake. That might be the only other issue you run into...

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by The Silver Goat View Post
    I have an M6 with a cai. I bought mine off ebay (it was cleared). the problem i ran into was a lean mixture, uped the gas by 11% and no longer codes. I would surmise the program was written with box for intake. That might be the only other issue you run into...
    Out of curiosity what cold air kit did you install?
    Also have you played with the timing at all or watched the live PIDS while driving to see if it's pulling timing because they have too much written in there tune?

04 GTO QuickSilver
    95 MarkVIII wifey white

Hello and welcome Flexman220. The predator for our 04's are different than for the 05/06's but it will really wake up our LS1's and it takes out almost all of the torque mgnt. which is the kick in the pants.
    Have you installed it yet? Be sure to browse Diablosport's forum for any questions or just to read up.
    04/A4 Quicksilver
    Magnflow catback-Resonator delete
    K&N drop in
    SAP front Grills and 05 hood
    Limo tinted windows-Gets me pulled over alot
    Diablosport Predator (RWTD) tune.

Impulse Blue
    2006 GTO

should'nt the computer pick up on the lean mixture and add more fuel?

cosmic purple
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by GOT1GOAT View Post
    Hello and welcome Flexman220. The predator for our 04's are different than for the 05/06's but it will really wake up our LS1's and it takes out almost all of the torque mgnt. which is the kick in the pants.
    Have you installed it yet? Be sure to browse Diablosport's forum for any questions or just to read up.
    Hey all just got done putting the KN Gen2 intake and installed the performance tune. I jumped and hammered down. I like the house power pick up, but the shifts were not a firm as the factory tune. I adjusted the firmness to 25% firm in the Modify tune. I also took all the TM off. I like the way it shifts now. Is there anything that I did wrong. Also with the TM do you take all 3 T.M off????

Qucik Silver Metalic
    2004 GTO - M6

Out of curiosity what cold air kit did you install? I installed a K & N CAI

Also have you played with the timing at all or watched the live PIDS while driving to see if it's pulling timing because they have too much written in there tune? I'm a rookie when it comes to this stuff. I got 2 codes lean codes (both banks) when I loaded the performance tune. Additionally, I've misplaced my Ellery's GTO/Monaro manual with code explanations. I may have the logic backwards and it's actually having to reducing fuel.

torid red
    2004 gto

They work good out of the box, but i would take it to get it dyno tuned. with a k&n cold air kit and Slp loudmouth I made 336rhp. Not bad for just a hand held tuner.

Qucik Silver Metalic
    2004 GTO - M6

Quote Originally Posted by tyxpx View Post
    should'nt the computer pick up on the lean mixture and add more fuel?
    When I installed the the CAI initially the PCM managed more air by adding more fuel. When I added the performance tune I started getting lean codes. I added more fuel incrementally, 5% and 11% and continued to get codes which makes me think I may have the logic on the PCM backwards. The PCM is having to lean the mixture as it running rich.

Impulse Blue
    2006 GTO

When I installed the the CAI initially the PCM managed more air by adding more fuel. When I added the performance tune I started getting lean codes. I added more fuel incrementally, 5% and 11% and continued to get codes which makes me think I may have the logic on the PCM backwards. The PCM is having to lean the mixture as it running rich.
    Maybe try pulling timing a degree or two?

Thread Information