spice red metallic
    2006 GTO

Predator install question

This question has probably been asked a million times but I'll ask it anyway. I just got an SLP Diablo tuner and the instructions say to pull 3 fuses prior to install, I know I've read where people have installed the tune without pulling the fuses so has anyone here done this one way or the other? I'll also do a search but I figured maybe I'd get a fast answer with this post.

Not sure on your car, but even my early version Predator says to pull fuses IF you have on-star when installing or making changes. No on-star and never pulled any fuses myself, even when downloading/installing a custom tune from over the net. Maybe that's the difference?

spice red metallic
    2006 GTO

I don't have onstar on the GTO (thank goodness) but the manual says to pull fuse #16,23 and 24 when installing and since I've never used a Predator before I want to make sure I do it right.

doesn'tplaywellwithothers superchargedblackgto's Avatar

Black
    2004 GTO

I didn't pull any fuses when I installed my first tune with the predator, I remember the manual saying something, but I think it was for onstar, anyway it worked on mine, no problem, hope this helps

spice red metallic
    2006 GTO

Thanks for the replies. I had one more question the SLP Predator Came with a sr804 tune and the newest version is sr807, I was thinking of putting the new version on the predator but I don't have a port on my computer to download this will the sr804 be a problem on my 2006 GTO? If this version will work fine if not then I'll have to try find a computer to download the current version.

doesn'tplaywellwithothers superchargedblackgto's Avatar

Black
    2004 GTO

The port?, You should be able to go to best buy,radio shack, or someplace like that to get an adapter to convert to the predator, If I remember right its an osb port? I'll have to look @ mine. If not you can just download the one in the predator. It will save your factory settings and you can put it back to factory when you have it serviced, or if there is a problem with the program.Good luck

spice red metallic
    2006 GTO

I looked all over the front and back of the computer but nothing matched up with the cord I got with the Predator to download from the computer. I'll just see if my nephew's computer has the right port connection, I still don't see why the version on the unit now won't work how many revisions do they need on these things?

spice red metallic
    2006 GTO

Thanks for answering some of my questions. I called Dablosport this morning and they told me to install the 8r04 tune (sorry about the misprint) as that is the current revision for the GTO SLP Predator. I downloaded the 421 Bobcat tune and the car definately pulls harder gotta be careful mashing it now as it fishtails and the install was a breeze!!! Now I might have to try eclipse my previous top end of 159 as the speed limiter is now disabled.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

I did have a issue with a customers that I tuned...... It didn't have OnStar but it triped some dumb_ss code cause I didn't pull one of the three. Can't remember what it was . Cleared the code and just pulled the fuses until I got the tune I wanted and then put the cover back on the lower dash.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Thread Information