Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Picked up an '04 GTO

Well, I got my hands on an '04 GTO, Silver, 6spd, Black interior goat. Mods are a K&N, Pacesetter ceramic coated LT's/full exhaust. Also has a Hurst shifter, rear spoiler delete, blackedout tail lights and (sigh) black TSW 19" wheels (Hockenheim R or Nurburgring wheels). Those that know me, know my distain of black wheels. Worse so that they are 19"...lol

Obviously something will be done about the black rims.

Pics to follow.

Oh and no worries, still have the SS!!

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Glad to hear you still got the SS
    I'm in for pictures of this one

2002 WS6
    1965 Mustang

Wow you're alive!!

Congrats on the GTO.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Congrats. Awaiting pics myself.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

I have the same situation. A Camaro SS and a GTO. Love them both, different cars for different conditions.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Yes, I am alive. Dealing with real life issues this last 1/2 year or so, shut me down to many things. Things now are definately improving by leaps and bounds. I was absent for so long, I forgot my login. Sad times. That should never happen...lol

Here are some 'left to be desired' i-phone pics...lol i will work on getting some better ones.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Love silver gtos, from the looks of it looks like a clean car.
    you must be getting so many looks with those black wheels lol

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Damn that looks real good!

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Congrats. Awaiting pics myself.
    thanks. 1st thing i did when i got her home was the fuel line hose mod. though my fuel line showed no indication of that issue.

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    Love silver gtos, from the looks of it looks like a clean car.
    you must be getting so many looks with those black wheels lol
    i feel dirty riding on black wheels. also feel like a hypocrite since this car came with them...lol

the car is extremely clean, the only reason i persued it. only issues: sagging headliner (minimal but non-the-less), and the center console arm rest tab is broken. plus non-smoker is was a bonus too!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

next thing I would do is turn the amp up a little if it hasn't already been done......if you turn it up too much it'll heat up and shut down randomly though. After that I would start looking for new rims.....I'm with you....very rarely do black rims look good to me. I put black rims on my truck and to me at least it works but it took a lot of soul searching before I did it because I'm just not a fan. I miss my yellow jacket 04 from time to time....usually when I see one on the streets. It was probably the nicest car I've ever owned. Always drew tons of looks and questions from everyone.

yellow
    2004 pontiac gto

i love my 04 yellowjacket! and the new 17" black american racing wheels look good on it. i need to get a good pic of it and upload it on here. just never did that before. i will take a picture with my iphone 5 and someone will have to tell me how to put it on here. i will get a idle video of the cam also. thanks!!

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Orion/Cammed Goat...couple questions:

1) Where can I locate a front drivers side inner fender well? In the pic of the rim above, it has been chewed through by the tire. No success over Craigslist or Ebay to date.

2) I've gone through the stickies, but not finding info on the infamous 'strut rub', for what I need to look for/into/ or parts to replace.

3) How easy/common is the sagging headliner to fix? It sags over both the front seats from the visors to the dome light. after that, it's perfectly fine.

Any insight would appreciated.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

a really good alignment will help with the strut rub....it fixed mine completely. You can also get a pedders bushing kit that helps. I will see if I can dig around and find the alignment specs to use. I printed them off and took them to the shop and had them align to those specs. Cleveland pick a part would be the first place I would check for that liner. Give them a call and see if they can help you. The only trick I know for headliners is to use a syringe and inject glue into the headliner to stick it to the backing.

2002 WS6
    1965 Mustang

Awesome looking GTO. Even with the black wheels. You should keep them.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I looked around and this is the best I could come up with for alignment. I had a much more detailed alignment sheet that I took in with me.
    Front Toe 0.00
    Front Camber -.2 verify clearance
    Front Caster (not adjustable stock)

Rear Camber (not adjustable stock)
    Rear Toe +.10

You can buy a strut rub kit through pedders for $474 but I'm willing to bet that if you look at those parts and contact energy suspension or summit you could build your own bushing kit much much cheaper.

yellow
    2004 pontiac gto

i had to put on a 5/16th spacer on mine. fixed it right up. i did a allignment and got a little bit skinnier tires and took off the spacers. i was running 265's on the front and 275's on the back.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

for as well as they handle the suspension set up on the gto stock is pretty crappy. I thought mine handled great stock but there are little issues with the suspensions on them. The bushings in particular.....I've read all kinds of reasons such as from being chained down on the ships coming over and things like that. Me myself....when I had the alignment done and it corrected the strut rub I was very happy with how it handled.

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

well, nice to know we have similar thoughts on the headliner fix. my only concern in in me doing it in that method, would be the adhesive possibly staining the headliner if it seeped through. thinking i will have to just pull it out at take it some place to be fixed.

i will take your advice and look into the bushing kit(s) and/or pieces. and thanks for the suspension specs. trust me, the IRS is a whole new learning experience for me.

also, i have no dealings with CPAP, but items I have seen listed onver their auctions don't look like they were removed with the best of skill or care. they list the same price for the same parts regardless if they are broken or not. prices seem high as well. makes me skeptical is all.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Try Cleveland Pick-a-Part for the headliner and inner fender liner. They should be able to help you out if eBay can't. I have seen fender liners and headliners on eBay before.

- - - Updated - - -

And that goat looks badass!!! Again, congrats. You'll love it.

Thread Information