Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

newest twin turbo GTO

Here are some photos of a 05 completely stock even the clutch car is an animal with 10psi

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Here are more pictures of what it used to look like before I installed my kit..
    videos coming soon.
    mods: custom built twins, built 408 w/l92 stock GM heads,GM matching intake,drag bags,frame ties,aluminum drive shaft, performabuilt 4l80e,Yank converter,ohios fastest and quickest 04-06 GTO 9.52 at 144mph. 1.50 60ft on stock rear end and shafts/suspension,on drag radials.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Blurry pics hurt my eyes, but nice MBM 05 ya got thar.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

thanks,dont know why the pics of the turbos turned out blurry,maybe they were moving too fast ! lol....This is a customers car,he is now the proud owner of my old twin turbo setup,going to build me another one,ive been busy doing customers cars should be a few more done here shortly...Orion needs to scrape up some dough so we can do his TA..
    Last edited by qwkgto; 06-05-2009 at 02:55 AM.

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

qwkgto, that looks so good, I know he is thrilled, looking forward to the vido and maybe some new pics!

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

so at the lower boost on a totally stock car what do you think...mid to high 11s?

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by GTO1_OHIO View Post
    so at the lower boost on a totally stock car what do you think...mid to high 11s?
    Don't know. With street tires and stock clutch, who knows? My friend's TTed GTO spins the tires from low rpm but at upper rpm the clutch begins to slip. Then ya gotta think about the rear diff going "AAAAARRRRGH!!!" then "BOOM!" Gotta find that car's "sweet spot" to launch without spin, wheelhop, or diff failure.

Yellow
    2004 GTO

Roger took me for a spin for a stock car pulls hard!!!Enjoyed the ride!!!!!

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Don't know. With street tires and stock clutch, who knows? My friend's TTed GTO spins the tires from low rpm but at upper rpm the clutch begins to slip. Then ya gotta think about the rear diff going "AAAAARRRRGH!!!" then "BOOM!" Gotta find that car's "sweet spot" to launch without spin, wheelhop, or diff failure.
    I would guess you are right GTO1 with a good driver,the stock setup with my twins would do a mid possible low 11,the car has 10.5 psi boost on a stock ls2 I would say someplace around 600hp to the tires.
    (cammed goat) its all in the tune man,this car has some sort of just radial tires and with traction on is a very interesting ride,as far as the stock differential,I have beat the hell out of mine from the day I bought it,been running 10s on mine for over three years and have went 134mph in the 1/4,there are IRS guys in the 9s,no worries here,hell I know guys that have the Kazz unit and have broken then and they only run low to mid 11s.
    Best advice I can give is dont get the car sideways during a burnout if it does let out ,those half shaft joints dont like the binding and will break,I also ran those stock hud to stub in the 10s as well,my car is a auto,I have been enjoying the 6 speed,fun rowing through the gears,but as with the auto at this power level a person will need to know how to drive,which is 90% of the battle its not just a point and shoot game no matter what form of trans one has! A4 are always faster and way more consistant

Silver
    06 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow GTO View Post
    Roger took me for a spin for a stock car pulls hard!!!Enjoyed the ride!!!!!
    I agree it pulls real good!

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Yep. I agree about the KAAZ. I have read and heard a few horror stories about them goin "BOOM!" And KAAZs are NOT cheap.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

car is done ...tune was not finished ,you guys should ridein it now,stock clutch is screaming for help!Or was that the blacktop...damn this thing is a monster,I wish it was mine and I had a better clutch in it,id go set a new state record here in ohio with a manpedal..lol
    Last edited by qwkgto; 06-07-2009 at 03:20 AM.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

stock ls2 with twins and 10 psi

Here we go guys like I mentioned this was a bone stock ls2 ,car had never been tuned or moded,this is stock clutch, shifter,and 17 radials...( until I bolted my custom made twin setup on and tuned it for 10psi.enjoy!!!)
    The car pulls hard in video count the seconds to see how long it took me to get well over 110mph...

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Oh and I forgot to mention the car was doing 15- 17mpg when owner brought car to me now it get 24.9 on highway and 18.9 around town and that was some spirited driving on the car every chance I got while tuning it ,just to make sure owner has no problems when he gets car back!
    with 10 psi on a stock ls2 only issues this guys going to have is to keep tires on it and to keep in on the road.

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

nice vids and damn nice power and the is milage better! What more can a man ask for, very bad ass!!!!

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

and he's faster then RC for the moment.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

not for long, mine is being put back together as you laugh ..I have parts ya...

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Update,took car to track 1/8 mile with a pathetic 2.260 foot(could not launch car ,stock clutch and stock radial tire,tryed ,wheel hop would not let me)ran best of 8.40 at 95MPH and when car hit third gear at full boost the clutch would just stop working,so I figure with a clutch and some tires and some suspension help car will pic up alot of time,just wanted to post up what a totally stock GTO plus the bolt on twins would do.my freind went with his 06 cam,head work,headers and a stall he went 88 mph and was smoking my ass out of the hole with the A4,sucked I could not get car to launch or the clutch and tires to bite and leave.ill leave those mods up to the owner,yes he gave me permission to go and find out what it would do!LMAO he cant wait to get it back..I know I would not be able to wait.life without a goat is like going without sex...

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I had a feeling the clutch would let go first. Seems to be the first thing to go with boost. Nice build!

Metallic Blue
    2005 GTO TT

Talking

Roger's kit is amazing, this is what a GTO should feel like, not to mention sound like. Aside from damage from the shipper (shipper ripped a v-band clamp off the exhaust--turboes don't spool well without any exhaust gas reaching them) I haven't had any real issues. I see what he means about the clutch, though, even just beating on it on back roads, it starts to get sloppy real quick; Looking at a clutch and dragbags next. I would definately recommend roger's set up to anyone looking to go forced induction, my car is a f***ing beast now!

Thread Information