Thread: Newbie old guy

pulse red
    2004 pontiac GTO

Newbie old guy

I got my 2004 GTO last month so far it is awesome loud and obnoxious sounding, I love it everyone is trying to figure out what car it is, oh I forgot I'm in Vancouver Canada we only have a small number of GTO's around here as they where only built for the USA market and due to emission restrictions could not be imported to Canada, well the EPA loosened the restrictions and now they are starting to flow in.

the Bummer is you can't get parts here gm won't ship them to Canada why I don't know so I will just have to go to the States to buy them.

I wish I could find the previous owner to find out what mods are in the car I don't want to stalk anyone but there are some things missing I would love to get like the gas tank cover, the fuel rail covers (witch I understand could start a fire so most people take them off) and the spare tire and jack where missing, whatever the important thing would be the mods as the car is so loud people always ask what's under the hood and I really don't know.

anyways I found the front plate in the back seat of the car maybe your on the forum it's a texas plate and you bought it from sewell gm and the first and last numbers on the plate are Z****C if you know the rest I guess it's you....

I work at a gm dealer in Canada in sales and I know the somewhat the history, like I said I'm not looking for problem issues I know there is a water leak on the passenger side witch my dealer is going to fix just let me know if you have the parts and could ship them to me of course I will pay...and the mods what cam, headers, ect.

thanks Hope your on the site.
    Last edited by slinkysicco; 06-02-2010 at 02:07 PM.

IBM
    04 GTO

Nice buy man post some pics for us. I have most of those parts laying around if your wanting them I can hook you up lol. I have the fuel rail covers and the spare tire an jack

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

If you're looking for replacement parts try Cleveland Pick A Part ... they have the largest number of salvaged GTOs in the states and are constantly parting out newly totaled ones.

pulse red
    2004 pontiac GTO

Thanks I love this car so much

Thanks for all the info here are some images I have better ones coming

http://www.flickr.com/photos/devildu...n/photostream/

yes I am interested in the spare tire and jack and other parts, but I live in Canada shipping might be crazy, my dealer can't bring parts in for me for some crazy reason, I ordered rear pads from the Belingham dealer and they charged me $25.00 to get them here

in case you have a water leak I had one the water was sloshing inside the passenger door and filling up the rear floor, guess what they found the problem, the speaker was upside down and the water was collecting in the cup and overflowing over the rubber seals, Murry from Carter GM Burnaby BC figured it out in an hour I only got charged 3 hours labor total including drying the snot out of the underlay...I guess someone was working on it and put the speaker in wrong I'm so happy I can wash my car and let it piss rain on it with no worries now.

Parts needed

1. floor mat clips
    2. fuel rail covers
    3. gas tank cover (barrier)
    4. spare tire and jack

that's all I can think of for now have a great day.
    Last edited by slinkysicco; 07-17-2010 at 10:26 AM.

IBM
    04 GTO

If you want a set of fuel rail covers PM the addy and I'll look into how much shipping will be i get a discount if I ship with fedex.

Thread Information