Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2004 GTO A4

New Hood/Bumper Cover Options For 04

So I smacked a 'Detroit' size rock today (size of a softball) and cracked my front bumper cover and put a huge dent in the hood (What a PITA). It also cracked the windshield. Since these parts are going to need to be replaced, I was thinking of 'upgrading' to something like a Banshee hood & SAP style bumper cover. Anyone have any other ideas? Not having any luck finding the SAP cover. Any leads there?

Nero
    2006 gto

Sorry to hear about it man, that really sucks. On the other hand, you have different fingers....and there has to be at least 5 different front ends that will fit our cars. Check out JHP, they sell a few (pretty high priced though). Personally I like the HSV GTO front end; if I crashed, thats what Id get. Basically anything that'll go on a Monaro will fit. If you want to go for a more high performance look, check out RMR...Rhys Millen Racing. He's got a drift kit that makes the cars look veeerrrry hungry.

Black
    2004 GTO A4

I couldn't find anything on RMR. My budget is around $1000 for the bumper and $800 for the hood.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrizioD View Post
    Sorry to hear about it man, that really sucks. On the other hand, you have different fingers....and there has to be at least 5 different front ends that will fit our cars. Check out JHP, they sell a few (pretty high priced though). Personally I like the HSV GTO front end; if I crashed, thats what Id get. Basically anything that'll go on a Monaro will fit. If you want to go for a more high performance look, check out RMR...Rhys Millen Racing. He's got a drift kit that makes the cars look veeerrrry hungry.

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by surfinjoe View Post
    I couldn't find anything on RMR. My budget is around $1000 for the bumper and $800 for the hood.
    damn with that kind of money you can probly get anything..I would just be happy with that banshee hood for sure..if not just get the 05/06 stocker.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Hoods:

05/6 stock hood
    Gravana Banshee hood

Bumper cover:

OEM
    HSV
    REVENGE

Black
    2004 GTO A4

I love the Banshee hood and would like to have the HSV bumper cover. Where would I find one of them (HSV hood).

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Hoods:

05/6 stock hood
    Gravana Banshee hood

Bumper cover:

OEM
    HSV
    REVENGE

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

The 05/6 is an HSV hood. Just that the scoop bezels are matte black in AUS/UK.

Carousel Red
    2005 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by pmolina0436 View Post
    damn with that kind of money you can probly get anything..I would just be happy with that banshee hood for sure..if not just get the 05/06 stocker.
    I doubt you can get anything from JHP for under $2000 after freight. The RMR bumper is ~$900 before shipping IIRC*. For that kind of money you're most likely looking at buying a used OEM bumper or if you're lucky, a used Monaro bumper.

Just my two cents,
    S.

(*I've bought two Monaro bumpers from JHP, sold one as used @ $1k and bought the bumper from RMR as well. When I had a small front end accident - before the second Monaro bumper - the insurance adjuster said a new OEM bumper was around $800, but YMMV.)
    Last edited by scauffiel; 03-24-2009 at 04:48 AM.
    Steve
    2005 Carousel Red Twin Turbo GTO
    Click for full size
    My Garage

Black
    2004 GTO A4

Where can I find the RMR and/or HSV front bumper?

Quote Originally Posted by scauffiel View Post
    I doubt you can get anything from JHP for under $2000 after freight. The RMR bumper is ~$900 before shipping IIRC*. For that kind of money you're most likely looking at buying a used OEM bumper or if you're lucky, a used Monaro bumper.

Just my two cents,
    S.

(*I've bought two Monaro bumpers from JHP, sold one as used @ $1k and bought the bumper from RMR as well. When I had a small front end accident - before the second Monaro bumper - the insurance adjuster said a new OEM bumper was around $800, but YMMV.)

Carousel Red
    2005 Pontiac GTO

JHP

RMR - Call and ask about it.

Black
    2004 GTO A4

I will give them a call. I guess they don't have any photo's online. Not very effective marketing, but OK.

JHP

Black
    2004 GTO A4

That RMR bumper looks sweet! Thanks for the pic! I think I want one of those, but have to check into the price. I forgot that I also broke both my upper grill covers. Maybe the ins. adjuster will throw in another few hundered bucks. I can also get the $800 headlight off Ebay for less than $100 used. If I scrape enough pennies together, I may be able to get the Banshee hood and RMR bumper cover! I think that would be a great face-lift for my poor little 04! I am also thinking about the banshee rear spoiler to complete the package!

Thanks again for all the info.

Just my two cents,
    S.

Black
    2004 GTO A4

Might I add that you have one of the sweetest looking GTO's that I have ever seen! Nice job! Love the TT set-up. I am a normally aspirated kind of guy, but if I had the $$ I would go the TT route! She must be a beast!

JHP

Black
    2004 GTO A4

So I just got my claim estimate and they are willing to give me $3200 for the repair. I will order a headlight off Ebay for $100, Banshee hood, Banshee rear spoiler, repair the small crack in the front bumper cover, upgrade to SAP grills and call it a day. That is unless I can find an sweet deal on an HSV or RMR front bumper! It may be worth it....

Nothing special
    Nothing special

Don't forget paint costs!

Black
    2004 GTO A4

I have $1,500 to cover the prep/paint cost. According to the estimate, paint + labor is less than $1,000.

It sucks getting hit by road debris, but in this case I will come out with a better looking ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Tide View Post
    Don't forget paint costs!

Black
    2004 GTO A4

Now I can't wait for my new stuff!

Carousel Red
    2005 Pontiac GTO

That RMR bumper looks sweet! Thanks for the pic! I think I want one of those, but have to check into the price. I forgot that I also broke both my upper grill covers. Maybe the ins. adjuster will throw in another few hundered bucks. I can also get the $800 headlight off Ebay for less than $100 used. If I scrape enough pennies together, I may be able to get the Banshee hood and RMR bumper cover! I think that would be a great face-lift for my poor little 04! I am also thinking about the banshee rear spoiler to complete the package!

Thanks again for all the info.
    You're welcome, hope it helped.

Might I add that you have one of the sweetest looking GTO's that I have ever seen! Nice job! Love the TT set-up. I am a normally aspirated kind of guy, but if I had the $$ I would go the TT route! She must be a beast!
    Hey thanks, she's quite the handful and attention whore. lol

S.

Black
    2004 GTO A4

Just keep your eye open for a used front & rear bumper cover for me That would be the BOMB!

After all this, I will need my GO to match my SHOW! May be time for a new head/cam package, or a NOS kit or something! I need to hit 450 RWHP! I am making myself a custom driveshaft and will be able to juice up my HP in a hurry! I work for a company that makes NASCAR and production driveshafts.

You're welcome, hope it helped.

Hey thanks, she's quite the handful and attention whore. lol

S.
    Last edited by surfinjoe; 03-24-2009 at 01:33 PM.

Carousel Red
    2005 Pontiac GTO

Just keep your eye open for a used front & rear bumper cover for me That would be the BOMB!

After all this, I will need my GO to match my SHOW! May be time for a new head/cam package, or a NOS kit or something! I need to hit 450 RWHP! I am making myself a custom driveshaft and will be able to juice up my HP in a hurry! I work for a company that makes NASCAR and production driveshafts.
    If anything catches my eye, I'll letcha know. Be careful adding the 'go' - that's a slippery slope!!

S.

Thread Information