Impulse Blue
    2004 GTO

My poor poor car.

So here is the skinny guys. I own an 04 GOAT and a friend of mine was stalling out (he was the DD) and hit the side of a Mickey D's. Sucks for me becuase he has no insurance (I didnt know this at the time). So in a nutshell I have to pay out of pocket. Trust me, my friend is helping out 50-50 (I mean I shoulda made sure he was insured before driving my car) since it is partially my fault and responsability. So if anyone knows anyone, or has for sale any of the below listed parts, it would be great to talk buisness. The quality of the paint job is irrevelant becuase i will be repainting anyway. The parts just need to be structually as they were out the factory.

Drivers side front quarter panel

hood (can be to an 05 or 06 as well.

front facia

rear facia

and new condition headlights.

Preferrably all parts would come with badges if it were a perfect world. I know beggars cannot be choosers tho so I will take what I can. Thanks guys.

Russ

BTW, the Mickey D's wall took absolutely NO damage. this was right where u pay the guy at the first window. I think the wall was posessed by chuck norris.
    Last edited by russ0green; 07-27-2009 at 09:19 AM.

Black
    2000 trans am ws6

damn sorry to hear.. I would never let anyone drive my car though lol I dont even let my mom touch my car let alone my friends

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

I thought whenever you drove someone's car you were automatically covered under that car's insurance??

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

Nope they are uninsured motorists

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    I thought whenever you drove someone's car you were automatically covered under that car's insurance??
    I used to work for Progressive Claims IT and that is 100% true ... car insurance covers the car not the specific driver. As long as the driver was temporarily driving the vehicle with the insured's permission then the insured's policy will cover the damage...assuming that they had collision coverage

gold
    2000 honder accord

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by Pony_Eater View Post
    damn sorry to hear.. I would never let anyone drive my car though lol I dont even let my mom touch my car let alone my friends
    ^^what he said.

Impulse Blue
    2004 GTO

Yeah I understand the whole insurance thing, but I only pay about 400/ 6mo premium and i am not ready for my insurance to go up anytime soon. I am only 23 with 3 speeding tickets (for some reason i got pulled over more often in my neon. I dont have one ticket on my GTO. whodathunkit?) So yeah, using a claim is out of the question. So thanks for the insight on the insurance claims. but I would prefer to pay for this out of pocket. One part at a time if I have to.

Impulse Blue
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by andrew rs View Post

thanx andrew. ill check that out.

Pulse Red
    2004 GTO M6

Actually even if he was insured it would still have been your insurance that the claim would have gone to. The car is insured not the person, as long as the driver does not live at the same address in which case they would specifically need to be named on the insurance. It is a big misconception with insurance, even if the person has full coverage on their own car 99% of the time they are not covered by their insurance to drive your car. Often their insurance would cover a rental car, but this is not the same as your car since their is no legal rental contract when your friend is the DD for the night.

Impulse Blue
    2004 GTO

Well in any case, I have decided that it is better to pay out of pocket for these damamges. yeah it may cost a little more in the long run, but I would rather not have this on my insurance. I mean how would I even begin to explain to the company what happened? Even if I could make up a good story, I have still decided to pay. So so far I have a web site I can go to. Bringing the total cost for everything (if I remove and install the bady parts myself) to 4,500 including the paint job. I know there has to be someone out there that has had a hood swap, or changed out the parts for the front facia for the Monaro kit that is just dying to get it out of the house. I would go completely off the website I was given, but it does not have pics of the condition of these parts. So please guys, ur killing me with this insurance thing. Lol, I need parts.

silver
    2004 gto

I just changed my policy and the first question was are you the only driver? I understood that as I'm the only one covered under the plan.If someone else wrecks it I eat it. Nationwide is on your side! Will keep an eye out for parts for you

Thread Information