98 Formula
    06 duramax

my brother bought an 06 goat

red on red. We test drove it and a new G8 GT. The goat won out pretty easily. The G8 is a nice ass car. Tons more room and a huge trunk. Just to many damn buttons and didn't have near the balls the goat has. The exhaust note is very weak sounding on the G8 also. Sounds more like a v6 than a v8.
    I checked it over and had them pull service records and got the carfax. He gets it home and 2 hours later he calls me and says that twice it's started and ran for 2 seconds and shut off. Sounds like a vats issue to me. I think I can reflash it with either efilive or hptuners and get rid of his vats but it's just the principle that he just bought it. It still has warranty so he may go that route first. If it were mine I'd just kill the vats and be done with it.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Yes that is a common issue with these cars.

He will love it! Get those tuna boat mufflers off, toss the restrictive air box for a Volant or CIA, and tune that bad boy.

Is it a A4 or M6 car?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

A4 car. He was specifically looking for an A4. His gear shifting days are over. He wants to just point and shoot like I do. I thought his sounds pretty damn good for a stock exhaust system. I think they definitely had more bark than my 04 has stock for stock. I also like the rims on the 06 and the tails. GM made some pretty damn good cosmetic changes after 04.
    Have you personally disabled vats and had it work? I know on my f-body with ls1edit it says you can turn it off but it doesn't actually make a difference. Wasn't sure if hptuners or efilive can actually turn it off.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Yes I have disabled it before without having major issues.
    It usually only happens once in a great often. The funny thing to me is it has always started twice then the next crank it's fine. Technology at it's best.

Yes they do have alot better sound and look than the 04's. If he really likes the sound I would just remove the resonator and it will add some depth.
    Since it's a A4 that tune will be night and day. You can get those things to blaze the tires and jump sideways when they hit second on regular street tires.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I'm gonna log his car and pull the tune on it next week and play around with it for him. He's going to be doing full exhaust on it so modifying the stock stuff isn't that appealing to him. I told him yesterday he see's a new car.....I see a parts car for my 04 I'll take his exhaust and rims.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Sounds like a plan. I would recommend the Spin Tech kit with the Dr. Gas X-pipe.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

if/when you get a chance can you PM me some vendors for those? I'm going to look around myself but it'd save me some time if you know who carry's that stuff.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    A4 car. He was specifically looking for an A4. His gear shifting days are over. He wants to just point and shoot like I do. I thought his sounds pretty damn good for a stock exhaust system. I think they definitely had more bark than my 04 has stock for stock. I also like the rims on the 06 and the tails. GM made some pretty damn good cosmetic changes after 04.
    Have you personally disabled vats and had it work? I know on my f-body with ls1edit it says you can turn it off but it doesn't actually make a difference. Wasn't sure if hptuners or efilive can actually turn it off.
    Hp tuner can,I have it ,carry the lapyop in the car let me know ,next time im up your way.the ls2 ECU is all diffrent ,brakes are a big diffrence on the 05-06 cars lots better then 04. ps. tell em ill put one of my turbo kits on it then he can spank u with it..lol
    Last edited by qwkgto; 07-02-2008 at 02:45 AM.
    mods: custom built twins, built 408 w/l92 stock GM heads,GM matching intake,drag bags,frame ties,aluminum drive shaft, performabuilt 4l80e,Yank converter,ohios fastest and quickest 04-06 GTO 9.52 at 144mph. 1.50 60ft on stock rear end and shafts/suspension,on drag radials.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by qwkgto View Post
    Hp tuner can,I have it ,carry the lapyop in the car let me know ,next time im up your way.the ls2 ECU is all diffrent ,brakes are a big diffrence on the 05-06 cars lots better then 04. ps. tell em ill put one of my turbo kits on it then he can spank u with it..lol
    I have hptuners and efilive. I was basically looking to make sure that method works. I don't see any turbo's in his future. Even if he did I'd be the one tuning it and I'd make sure he wouldn't beat me.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

lol yea he would id let him drive mine

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

How is that thing coming. . . . . . . . . . . ? You order that exhaust or anything else yet?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

not yet. He stopped over yesterday and I pulled his tune real quick before he left. I wasn't aware that with efilive you have to pull the pcm tune and the pull the tranny tune. I have to get with him again and pull his tranny tune so I can get that straight.

Thread Information