Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

blue
    2005 cv8z monaro (04 gto)

monaro and or gto 04 mods...

hey guys, new to this site
    from oz,,,melbourne, own an 05 monaro (04 gto equivalent there),, just done cam transco shift kit and converter and wanted to know wat else u guys do to these ls'1 to get them to go, car hasnt been tuned yet as im looking for a decent place to take it. have read up on these hand help tuners ie diablosport predetor ect. are they any good cause i was thinking of shipping one over?

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

If you are going to do any kind of significant performance modifications then the hand held tuner would be a waste of money.

If you are starting out, the first things would be a better CAI and headers.
    10.954 123.58 1.496 489.29 rwhp 475.52 rwtq

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Speed Density Tune/Headers/Cold Air Intake (CAI).
    Rear springs/shocks/drag bags.
    Stiffy motor mount.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

No one has mentioned a Harrop?

extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

blue

ok....headers going this week are tri-y 1"3/4 prim pacemakers (not sure if u know the brand) and then its getting the tune. cam is crane 224@50 with 551lift. not sure what kind of power to expect from it,,,,but at the moment it wont idle so ive got a vac line off to get it round, and its not running anywhere near as hard as id like.I'm guessing the tune should sort that out. just waiting on the otr cai then its off to the tuner.

just out of curiosity wats stiffy motor mount?.......as in harder rubber engine mounts?

hugger orange

sounds like your in a bad need of a tune, after the tune you will be happy. hook your vac line back up, (with the engine off) on the underside of the TB stop there is a 7/32 allen head set screw. try giving it a half to 3/4 turn to tighten it.....this should bump your idle up alittle higher.
    the torque stiffy is basicly an extra mount that goes from the front of the passengerside head to the shock tower.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

The car will be FUN when DONE...so to speak.

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

internet rocks, who would have thought 15 years ago that we in America would be helping out a fellow GTO/Monaro owner over the interwebs in Australia???

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

^^hey, they created a great car for us to enjoy. One hand washes the other.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by issues_ls1 View Post
    ok....headers going this week are tri-y 1"3/4 prim pacemakers (not sure if u know the brand) and then its getting the tune. cam is crane 224@50 with 551lift. not sure what kind of power to expect from it,,,,but at the moment it wont idle so ive got a vac line off to get it round, and its not running anywhere near as hard as id like.I'm guessing the tune should sort that out. just waiting on the otr cai then its off to the tuner.

just out of curiosity wats stiffy motor mount?.......as in harder rubber engine mounts?
    that should be a pretty decent daily driver cam. It'll have great street manners after the tune. It won't make the power of some of the larger cams but it'll make up for it in how it drives. What size stall? Get it tuned and until then don't drive the car hard. I probably wouldn't drive it at all myself. When you're pulling vac. lines so it'll idle that should tell you the car isn't running right. Get a tune from a reputable place out there and have fun.

blue

stall is a 3500....been driving it a little,,,,work and back things......little sticks here and there I know i shouldnt)....but finishing exhaust off tomorrow,,ended up putting 1"3/4 4into1's...and 2.5" dual the rest of the way with 3" cats behind the extractors. Kind of hoping for a 12sec streeter....hopefully not expecting too much...

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I would think that should put you in the 12's. Did you go to the track in stock trim? what did you run stock?

blue

nah havent raced it yet,,,,,,this was meant to be the daily driver.....i got other cars i do track things with,,, more old school,,,,,first injected car i played with.....wasnt meant to touch it!, guess that plan didnt work
    never raced it stock but i'd say about a 14sec 1/4
    wasnt slow,,,,,but just needed more punch,,,,,,that was the whole reason behind the cam...problem is,,,i hope i didnt go too small. having said that, i do want to keep driving it every day

98 Formula
    06 duramax

that 224 will be a nice daily driver....just might be a little down on power compared to some of the other grinds out there. I think it'll work for what you're looking for. I probably would've went with a 228 at least if you're chasing a timeslip but it sounds like drivability should come first for what you use the car for. Keep us updated on how it works out for you. I ran a 13.6@102 in mine completely stock so a nice stall and that 224 should put my car right in the 12's neighborhood. I would think yours would be pretty close to that also.

blue

u know of anyone using small sticks like the 224 crane, and running decent numbers? or making decent power?

hugger orange

u know of anyone using small sticks like the 224 crane, and running decent numbers? or making decent power?
    I'm running a 220/224 .570/580 112lsa with ported/polished heads and all supporting mods, hoping to make it to the track this weeked or next.
    ill let you know what times I run

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

over TURISMO. Nice color man!

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

2000 TA here, TR224 cam and miled heads with full exhaust. 414 HP and 395 TQ other mods in sig below 224 is a nice DD cam
    '00 Black Ram Air TA TR224/224 PRC 5.3 59cc Heads
    Pacesetter LT ORY Hooker CB 414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    BMR PHR, SFC,LCA & TM. Bilstein HD shocks 1LE FSB
    Firehawk Rims w/KDW Custom Headrests & Floormats

Cosmos Purple
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Actually he is probably even faster at the track then our GTO's are stock. Remember Sarge said he pulled out 200 lbs of USA bullshit. So that equates his monaro is probably trans am weight... which is putting him into low 13s stock... if im looking at all this right.... OH and also the monaros have like 15 more hp stock then the GTOs do too because of not having all that emissions robbing bullcrap we have.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

I'm running a 224/228 ... I think my numbers are qualify as decent
    Last edited by GTO1_OHIO; 05-22-2009 at 08:59 AM.

Thread Information