Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Impulse Blue
    2006 GTO

Ls2 vs. 405hp Z06

As some of you know I have plans for some big power mods but I decided to take it a little slower and just do some smaller ones first because the car still only has 1500 miles on it and wanna do some more homework...Anyway, I have a buddy with a 405hp Z06 that likes to trash talk about how his car is faster than mine and blah blah blah....So, now that I'm past the 1500 mile break in I'm gonna race him when I return from Afghanastan and I wanna make sure I beat him!..lol. Here are the mods that I will have done day 1 of my return home:

Kooks Lt's (ceramic coated) into Kooks catted mid-pipes
    SLP LoudMouth II
    Volant CAI
    Diff Tech 3.73 gears
    Dyno Tune
    And new rims with 275's in the rear

He has auto I have M6. Think that's enough to beat him? If not what else would you recommend? What kind of numbers do yall think I'll put down with those mods?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Drivers race. If he doesn't have a stall in that thing you should pull him as his shift points wont be up to snuff for WOT........
    This is my signature. It is mine. Nobody else has one like it.

Id say youll need more than that.

To be sure.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

You need to put a pair of REAL tires on that thing first off!!
    It should blow off ANY regular 275 out of the hole if it doesn't there is something wrong!!
    I would buy a pair of Mickey 275/40/17's they work great on the street and I've seen 1.57 60' foots with my Goat at the track with them too.
    How good of driver is he is the KEY ?...........
    There has been MANY 11 second cars that get SPANKED by 13 second cars on the street due to BAD drivers.
    You haven't got ANY wheel hop yet on the street either...?
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    z06's were never auto

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by blackz-lt1 View Post
    z06's were never auto
    true.

Impulse Blue
    2006 GTO

Guess he lied to me about it being an auto then...Actually works out better for me then cause I've seen him drive a manuel before and it was'nt pretty..lol. I'm not the best driver but I know I'm better than him. It's gonna be a couple months till I get to go home and race him but I'll post up a vid for everyone. As for wheel hop...No I've never had it on the streets cause I have'nt raced it from a dig yet. But I also plan on drag bags and diff insert to help with that.

Quote Originally Posted by tyxpx View Post
    Guess he lied to me about it being an auto then...Actually works out better for me then cause I've seen him drive a manuel before and it was'nt pretty..lol. I'm not the best driver but I know I'm better than him. It's gonna be a couple months till I get to go home and race him but I'll post up a vid for everyone. As for wheel hop...No I've never had it on the streets cause I have'nt raced it from a dig yet. But I also plan on drag bags and diff insert to help with that.
    i think its gonna be a good race...with your mods you should be like 380rwhp...and ls6's put down what, like 350rwhp or more...should be interesting...the only thing really gettin ya, like me in my goat..is of course our weight,lol

Black
    1994 Camaro Z28

A friend of mine ran 11.5's at 119 in his 2002 Z06 with drag radials... Usually people are in the low 12's but with the right driver you will have a hard time handling him.
    2002 Street ET Champion New England Dragway
    1999 Street ET Champion Oxford Dragway
    My Blog is here: http://www.downtime.com

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by tnthub View Post
    A friend of mine ran 11.5's at 119 in his 2002 Z06 with drag radials... Usually people are in the low 12's but with the right driver you will have a hard time handling him.
    mods?

Impulse Blue
    2006 GTO

He's stock other than exhaust as far as I know...At least that's what he says. Maybe I should add a little extra umph before I race him, huh. What other bolt ons should I do? I was thinkin maybe induction...After CAI what's the next weak link, intake manifold and port the tb?

Quote Originally Posted by tnthub View Post
    typically, as far as on average...c5 z06's are mid-low 12's in the 1/4...but i know some have gone into 11's..just like how some stock f-bods are in 12's..but its not that often, like hardly
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by tyxpx View Post
    He's stock other than exhaust as far as I know...At least that's what he says. Maybe I should add a little extra umph before I race him, huh. What other bolt ons should I do? I was thinkin maybe induction...After CAI what's the next weak link, intake manifold and port the tb?
    A F.A.S.T. intake will be a nice addition to broaden your powerband. Your stock 90m.m. throttle body will be fine without porting. You could see a minor gain by polishing the inner bore of the throttl body.

I would put a single hidden fogger nozzel on it. I was running 11.70's ALL stock other than my tune nitrous and a pair of drag radials.
    And when I say stock I even mean with stock aircleaner in place.

golden
    89 grand prix

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    A F.A.S.T. intake will be a nice addition to broaden your powerband. Your stock 90m.m. throttle body will be fine without porting. You could see a minor gain by polishing the inner bore of the throttl body.

I would put a single hidden fogger nozzel on it. I was running 11.70's ALL stock other than my tune nitrous and a pair of drag radials.
    And when I say stock I even mean with stock aircleaner in place.

n20 should work

Impulse Blue
    2006 GTO

I know nos would work...but like I said I don't want to do anything major yet...Still doin homework, debating between nos, supercharger, or cam and heads...anyway, I want to beat him with bolt-on mods. I know it's very possible.

Red
    2000 Slp Firehawk #128

I own a 2003 Z06 and ran 12.2@117 stock. Raced a Ls2 very recently with CAI and catback. Went from a roll and it wasn't pretty. Your car should be quite a bit quicker with those mods and it should be a good race. If he can't drive you will win. Good luck let us know how it goes and what you run at the track.

Pewter
    2000 z28

theres really no homework for nitrous though. get the wet kit...100 shot and get it tuned accordinly and 11s here you come. plus you can just take it out and get a base tune to start over with.

or do you even need a tune for a 100 shot? doesnt the timing have to be pulled back a bit?

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

you'll need more..the vette is light alot lighter then the goat..so you might be putting down as much a z06 but if indeed he is running a m6 z06 then he will have alot more hp and tq since he is so light.

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    you'll need more..the vette is light alot lighter then the goat..so you might be putting down as much a z06 but if indeed he is running a m6 z06 then he will have alot more hp and tq since he is so light.
    why dont we just crush his dreams in one fall swoop eh shady?

j/k its a true statement. i actually have no idea what will happen...

black
    2004 GTO 6M

My buddy has a 04 z06 and i raced him with my 04 GTO m6 all i have is flowmaster and intake and it was close to about 85-90 then he kicked my ass once i hit 120 he had about 4-5 cars on me. it seems that the LS6 has better top end.

Thread Information