Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    1998 Trans Am

looking to switch to a GTO..

Hey all. I've been eyeing up a 2006 gto with only 27k miles. It's torrid red and an A4. Problem is I'd have to part with my 98 trans am which is my baby, but looking for something different. basically im wondering if i'd regret pulling the trigger on a gto and losing my trans am.
    1998 Trans Am
    SLP Lid with K&N Air Filter
    SLP Loudmouth exhaust
    More to come!

black
    2000 trans am

Im in the same situation bro. Exept i no longer have my TA.
    I love that car and debating wether to get another ta, but im really heading towards the 06 gto m6, just afraid il regrete it

black
    2000 trans am

And how much is the asking price on the red 06 A4??

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Yea man its a tough call right now. And they're asking 19.9 for it but could maybe talk them down to 17ish.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Test drive the GTO. It's your call.

black
    2000 trans am

17 wouldn't be bad. Im looking at a 06 m6 with 46xxx asking price 16.3

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by ls1nightrider View Post
    Nice man. Yeah I plan on looking at it this weekend. It's in Addison Illinois and i'm in Milwaukee so this weekend is really only time I get a chance to really look at it. Funny, Illinois is where I bought my Trans Am 3 yrs ago lol. Keep us posted with your plans with your GTO as I will also!

black
    2000 trans am

[QUOTE=Alex18;2782641]
    Quote Originally Posted by ls1nightrider View Post
    Nice man. Yeah I plan on looking at it this weekend. It's in Addison Illinois and i'm in Milwaukee so this weekend is really only time I get a chance to really look at it. Funny, Illinois is where I bought my Trans Am 3 yrs ago lol. Keep us posted with your plans with your GTO as I will also![/QUO

maybe its a sign lol good luck
    Will do

YELLOW
    2005 GTO

I honestly doubt you will regret getting an 05-06.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Yeah I figured the styling isn't as cool as the T/A's but all around quality is probably a lot better. But anyway this one I found in Illinois at this dealership wants me to drive down and pretty much buy the car before I even get a chance to really test drive it to see if I really like it...basically in a nutshell i'd be buying a car and then if I don't like it or if something is wrong with it, i'm stuck with it. Anyone ever dealt with anything like that before? Or am I missing something?

YELLOW
    2005 GTO

I'd be sure to test drive the car before I bought it, atleast around the block or something. There shouldn't be a reason why they wouldn't let you test drive it that's just a red flag right there. Hell, a dealership let me borrow a brand new gmc sierra for 3 days when I almost did the mistake of trading in my gto for it. I just left my car at the dealership but I didn't end up getting it so I picked the goat back up.
    Last edited by FLEX05; 06-09-2012 at 12:09 AM.

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by Alex18 View Post
    Yeah I figured the styling isn't as cool as the T/A's but all around quality is probably a lot better. But anyway this one I found in Illinois at this dealership wants me to drive down and pretty much buy the car before I even get a chance to really test drive it to see if I really like it...basically in a nutshell i'd be buying a car and then if I don't like it or if something is wrong with it, i'm stuck with it. Anyone ever dealt with anything like that before? Or am I missing something?
    Don't let them do that, it is your right to test drive the car before you buy it!!!!! Be careful, there are some devious folks out there, and that smells very fishy to me.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Yeah I passed on it. I found another one that was similar but the salesman just called me and said someone put money down on it lol...I guess these are signs that i'm not supposed to own a GTO.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Alex18 View Post
    Hey all. I've been eyeing up a 2006 gto with only 27k miles. It's torrid red and an A4. Problem is I'd have to part with my 98 trans am which is my baby, but looking for something different. basically im wondering if i'd regret pulling the trigger on a gto and losing my trans am.
    I have a 2002 SS and a 2004 GTO. For power, speed and burnouts nothing beats the SS but for everyday DD nothing beats the GTO. It's your call dude. Good luck.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Torrid Red
    04 GTO Not Stock...

You have to at least drive a GTO, it's the best car i've ever owned, and I have had 34.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Wow! 34 cars is a lot lol. Would any of those happen to have been a 98-02 Trans am?

Torrid Red
    04 GTO Not Stock...

Almost, 89 GTA, 89 Formula, and 88-89 IROC-Z's.

black
    2002 Camaro SS

I love the GTO! I test drove an '06 and it was absolutely amazing. They're expensive, though. $22,000 is too much in my opinion. I offered $15,500 but they wouldn't go that low.
    Oh well. Hopefully you're looking at a manual. The automatic is kind of boring to me.

Torrid Red
    04 GTO Not Stock...

Quote Originally Posted by metalbison View Post
    I love the GTO! I test drove an '06 and it was absolutely amazing. They're expensive, though. $22,000 is too much in my opinion. I offered $15,500 but they wouldn't go that low.
    Oh well. Hopefully you're looking at a manual. The automatic is kind of boring to me.
    How many miles were on the 06 for 22K??? I agree with the auto being boring! M6 FTW!!!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

you guys have never rode in a tuned auto I'm guessing. I have my brothers 06 breaking necks on the 1-2 shift. I think of the f body to GTO switch being an age thing. I love my f body but if it's something I'd have to drive everyday I would've sold it instead of the GTO. The GTO beats the f body in just about every category once you're past the age of 30 They both are great cars and I've owned both but for something I'm gonna drive a lot the GTO is way more comfortable and has a much nicer interior without sacrificing power.

Thread Information