Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just got an 05

Black
    2005 GTO

Just got an 05

Just picked up an 05 with 22,000 on it. Traded in my 01 z28, this thing rides so much better, 70mph feels so slow in this thing

The pics kinda suck but the weather is horrible around here been raining for 3 days and will likely rain for another 3-4. It will be awhile before I can get some good pics.
    Last edited by JonB; 04-01-2009 at 01:58 PM.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

From this point it only starts seeming slower and slower ... you'll have to fix that. lol

Nero
    2006 gto

Sweet ride man. Hafta update your info. PBM with 17"s is a great looking combo when its all shined up nice. What color interior you got in there? Also, is it an M6 or A4? And lastly, do you know what percent tint you got on there? Im looking into 30% tint (70% light transmission) and would kill for the look you have...

I bought my 06 M6 2 Novembers ago, and now 90mph feels slow on the highway. Just drive safe...these cars get rarer every week.

Black
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by PatrizioD View Post
    Sweet ride man. Hafta update your info. PBM with 17"s is a great looking combo when its all shined up nice. What color interior you got in there? Also, is it an M6 or A4? And lastly, do you know what percent tint you got on there? Im looking into 30% tint (70% light transmission) and would kill for the look you have...

I bought my 06 M6 2 Novembers ago, and now 90mph feels slow on the highway. Just drive safe...these cars get rarer every week.

Whoops I guess I could have given some more info. Its an a4 i'm sick and tired of shifting gears in traffic(the z28 was a m6). It has all black interior, I really like the black on red interior but the only one in town like that had alot of rock chips on the front end and the paint did't look to well taken care off so I passed. The pics the dealer had of the interior did not do the black interior justice it looks 10x better in person. I don't know what the tint is its just how I bought it. I also added a 3/36000mile warranty to it just to be safe.

The stock 17's are definetly going. I was hoping to be able to wait awhile for new rims/tires but the tires on the car are about 3/4 of the way gone so might as well do when these tires are good which won't be long i'm sure.

Damit i've already started spending money on a few things Bye the way anyone know what the deal is with this exhaust/intake package
    http://www.lmperformance.com/19153/43.html am I missing something here? That seems like a hell of a deal. The magnaflow alone is usually $800+ and the k&n is $300+ I must be missing something.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    Whoops I guess I could have given some more info. Its an a4 i'm sick and tired of shifting gears in traffic(the z28 was a m6). It has all black interior, I really like the black on red interior but the only one in town like that had alot of rock chips on the front end and the paint did't look to well taken care off so I passed. The pics the dealer had of the interior did not do the black interior justice it looks 10x better in person. I don't know what the tint is its just how I bought it. I also added a 3/36000mile warranty to it just to be safe.

The stock 17's are definetly going. I was hoping to be able to wait awhile for new rims/tires but the tires on the car are about 3/4 of the way gone so might as well do when these tires are good which won't be long i'm sure.

Damit i've already started spending money on a few things Bye the way anyone know what the deal is with this exhaust/intake package
    http://www.lmperformance.com/19153/43.html am I missing something here? That seems like a hell of a deal. The magnaflow alone is usually $800+ and the k&n is $300+ I must be missing something

that is a good deal. Not sure what's going on there although I think the magnaflow can be had cheaper than $800.
    The 18's do look much better than the 17's IMO. Much more smooth looking and not to mention cleaning in the corners of the 17's sucks. Expect to pay for the OEM 18's if that's the way you go but there are plenty of aftermarket rims out there that look sweet on the goats. Congrats on the car.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

congrads on the purchase,you have the fastest color by the way

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

welcome to the herd

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

ROCK IT!!!

Huffy Bike

Have you thought about any rims you would want??

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

nice color, im looking about the same darkness on my tint. im a mix though, i have 20% on the driver/passanger door, and rear window, and 5% on the rear quarter windows and the brow. looks very dark in there do to the two windows with 5%. i love it. makes changeling lanes a pain sometimes but no big deal. and you DO have the fastest color for sure. i have 2004 PBM with black interior and its an A4 also. i feel your pain on the shifting in traffic thing. driving down town indy got very old after a month or two of diving the vr4 down there.

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

oh, shit almost forgot. WELCOME!!!!!!

Black
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by JLRZ28 View Post
    Have you thought about any rims you would want??

Theres a few I have not made any 100% decsion yet. What ever I get i'm looking to go 19x8.5 up front and 19x9.5 out back. I think 19's are the perfect match for a goat.

1.A.Z.A z01 Could either do black with crome lip or as they are in the pic.

Beyern 5 only in 19's not 18's like the pic.

Ruff racing 279's

Those are the top three at the moment. I'm sure I come across some others that I like. I'm new to the goat game so I'm sure theres still alot of wheels that I have not seen yet. In a perfect world I would slap some ccw's on there but there way out of my price range.

Huffy Bike

Thumbs up

Awesome, those are some good choices, IMO i'd go with the AZA's black with chrome lip. I thinkt hat would look pretty sweet, good luck with your decision.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

Black
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by GTO1_OHIO View Post
    Thanks for the heads up Already seen that thread. I did order a set today origianlly went with the black with chrome lip but they were out of the 19x8.5's for the front so I had to go with the polished lip. Which to my understanding even the polished lip has a clearcoat on it. I was thinking of striping the clear coat or wait till it starts to peel(which seems to be inevitable with these wheels) and polish them up myself. I believe a member over there has done this already, seems like the best route.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Hehe...these cars are fun.

Black
    2005 GTO

As promised some good pics after some serious zanio time

Here's my process
    1. Wash/dry
    2. Wash/claybar/wash/dry
    3. Zanio pc fusion with orange pad on PC
    4. Pc fusion with white pad
    5 Z5 3 coats by hand
    6 Z2 2 coats by hand
    7. 2 days later another wash and coat of z2
    Oh yeah and z6 inbetween each coat of z5 and z2.

A few things i've already done. Painted the rear valance and stainless inserts. Nightshade on the rear tails and front side markers. Removed front grill's I was going to paint them black but I just left them out. Seeing the pics I think I'm gonna paint them and put them back in just not feeling it without them. I decided on a set of chrome ruff 278's 19x8.5 front and 19x9.5 rear on the way. Wheelmax need less to say let me down so I cancelled my order with them and opted for the ruff 278's which I think will actually look better than the aza's.

Heres what I started with

Finised product

Last edited by JonB; 04-09-2009 at 03:26 PM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Here's my process
    1. Wash/dry
    2. Wash/claybar/wash/dry
    5 Z5 3 coats by hand
    6 Z2 2 coats by hand

A few things i've already done. Painted the rear valance and stainless inserts. Nightshade on the rear tails and front side markers. Removed front grill's I was going to paint them black but I just left them out. Seeing the pics I think I'm gonna paint them and put them back in just not feeling it without them. I decided on a set of chrome ruff 278's 19x8.5 front and 19x9.5 rear on the way. Wheelmax need less to say let me down so I cancelled my order with them and opted for the ruff 278's which I think will actually look better than the aza's.

I'm gonna guess you couldn't buff the ugly guy out??

I crack myself up....... I'm here all week.

looks good, good job on it.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Here's my process
    1. Wash/dry
    2. Wash/claybar/wash/dry
    5 Z5 3 coats by hand
    6 Z2 2 coats by hand

Very Clean Black Goat. Where in FL? I am in Gainesville.

Black
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    Very Clean Black Goat. Where in FL? I am in Gainesville.
    I'm in the Orange Park area(30min south of jacksonville if you don't know where it is).

Thread Information