Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Installed Top Strut Bushings and Bearings

Easy as hell. Front end job is done. Alignment and just drives great guys. I highly...and I mean highly recommend this Pedders solution. You will not believe how much better your Goat drives. Just not the same car. Easy stuff for a basic shade tree mechanic.
    Last edited by Sarge; 01-18-2008 at 06:08 PM.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

How much -caster you got in her?
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Well when I did the Radius Rod bushings ( front and back) I used the standard caster settings with an 8mm and 2mm in the rear and the 4mm washer spared and the sport setting on the front washer......bottom line is it moved the wheel back about 10mm.

-

When you changed the strut bushings, did it change the ride height of the front end any? Just curious.

Now you just need to wait for a dry day to try it all out.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

We measured from the bottom of the wheel to the bottom of the fender well...and it looks like it raised it about 15MM.....yeah wih drag radials ( Nitto's) I was idling home Hey thank you very much for brining those bushings man....you saved my ass....steak dinner is on me .....

-

No Problem - Hate to see anybody spend money they don't need to. Thanks for the measurements. It's sunny today, I imagine I'll hear you clear up here

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Yup....I cleaned her up...shining like a new black penny Took her for a terror run through Boerne. Humbled a POS yellow Mustang with American Mustang Club across his windshield. He thought he wanted to impress the lady sitting next to him....what he got was a really great view of my front end coming off the ground and my ass all the way to WalMart At that light he had nothing to say....looked straight ahead....POS Mustang had a cam/headers for sure....but was way out of his leauge....

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Yup....I cleaned her up...shining like a new black penny Took her for a terror run through Boerne. Humbled a POS yellow Mustang with American Mustang Club across his windshield. He thought he wanted to impress the lady sitting next to him....what he got was a really great view of my front end coming off the ground and my ass all the way to WalMart At that light he had nothing to say....looked straight ahead....POS Mustang had a cam/headers for sure....but was way out of his leauge....
    I found a picture of the Mustang and the couple.......

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

LOL....pretty much I bet he doesnt tangle with any thumping bowties anytime soon.....

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

I thought you would get a nice laugh on that one.

so what package did you buy? street kit 1?
    did you get a quote from any where first on the install?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Loan seller View Post
    so what package did you buy? street kit 1?
    did you get a quote from any where first on the install?
    No I didn't buy any kit.....I just talked to a couple of experts that took a look at the "pressure points" and made some recommendations as I outlined in my sticky thread above....so I changed out the top strut bushings and bearings......front and rear radius rod bushings and sway bar bushings all up front....( The rear end was done a couple of years ago).....then a 4 wheel alignment using the pedders alignment specs versus "stock"....not sure what your asking about the "did I get quotes" so I'll answer what you may be asking....No...I do most of my own wrenching and it wasn't any big deal.....no special tools...on the struts I did "cheat" a bit and took the old black bitch to Lester's Automotive where I used a lift and borrowed Dale to tighten the top nuts as I held the strut assembly....So no I didn't get any labor quotes....I can not imagine more than 4-5 hours labor to do it all....the 4 wheel alignment was $80 bucks by the way.....If you are asking did I look at Noltec bushings etc. Yes I did...they may have been a tad cheaper but they do not have the customer service nor the track time GTO's have with Pedders...and I didn't feel like being a Guinea pig for a couple of dollars...so I went with Pedders. Excellent product...great folks who actually answer the phone and your questions...clear and easy instructions....grease included in the package etc. etc. Damn great mod that delivers excellent results. I highly recommend this mod.

Thread Information