Black
    1999 TA WS.6

I saw my first GTO commercial

I just saw a commercial for 2006 GTO's. Saying how there are only 2000 left and now is the time and stuff. The car looked fucking great. Black with Red. Commercial's like that are the shit that makes people think about buying. I know people that had not even HEARD they had a new GTO. That was only few months ago. GM wonders why they didnt sell as many of these things.... They didnt advertise worth shit fot the Goat. Ill see mustang commercials all day long, and those things are selling like hot cakes. Granted they have a v6, but I dont think enough people new, LS2, 4l65, and a beautiful interior and a look to match was waiting at a GM dealership. Just thought I would run that by you guys and see what yall thought.

04 GTO QuickSilver
    95 MarkVIII wifey white

Was it must be like to advertise a 1 year old new car. I know that when I seen a commercial back for the 04's, I was like WTF about the looks but now I own one but with an 05 hood and deepset grill inserts.
    I am bringing my 04 LS1 up to my likings via exhaust and a tune.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

yea, I dont think they did right on the 04 with the single sided exhaust. I cant beleive they even considered it honestly. Now that you got the hood and exhaust, its all performance from here im sure.

Qucik Silver Metalic
    2004 GTO - M6

I agree as far as advertising - GM did not push it enough. A $65,000 car down under with an exchange rate $1.20 = $52,000 US. Doesn't account for logistics to get all parts and pieces to the plant, but my point is $33,000 here is a damn good deal.

The color selections were lacking in my opinion which did not do the design any justice. in 04 the blue was too funky and yellow was over the top as far bright.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

You hit it on the head third|ph.

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    yea, I dont think they did right on the 04 with the single sided exhaust. I cant beleive they even considered it honestly. Now that you got the hood and exhaust, its all performance from here im sure.
    the did for the lt1 ss's

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Silver Goat View Post
    I agree as far as advertising - GM did not push it enough. A $65,000 car down under with an exchange rate $1.20 = $52,000 US. Doesn't account for logistics to get all parts and pieces to the plant, but my point is $33,000 here is a damn good deal.

The color selections were lacking in my opinion which did not do the design any justice. in 04 the blue was too funky and yellow was over the top as far bright.
    whhaaaa i thought the blue and yellow were the best colors...black and that purple looked terrible on the goat..didnt even look like a sports car

redhot
    2003 vyii ss ute 5.7L

Yeap, there are no more GTO's, You however may get a 4door version soon!.
    You guys get a great deal on the GTO for the $$$$$ spent, i wish i was able to buy new off the showroon floor for $33,000 US in the Country where they are made, i can't work out how much more we pay down here.

How do these cars compete with similar cars out there in price and performance for ex, the mustang as mentioned?

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by ssute57l View Post
    Yeap, there are no more GTO's, You however may get a 4door version soon!.
    You guys get a great deal on the GTO for the $$$$$ spent, i wish i was able to buy new off the showroon floor for $33,000 US in the Country where they are made, i can't work out how much more we pay down here.

How do these cars compete with similar cars out there in price and performance for ex, the mustang as mentioned?
    Nothing similar about the stang and the Goat when you talk power. But that goes for anything Ford thou. Price is almost the same. The Goat might be a little more in some places of the USA.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

You cant really compare a GTO to a mustang ... The GTO is really what Pontiac had intended the GP to be , a personal sporty luxury car ...But Ford dont have anything like that ....

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

nope.

I hardly ever see commercials for specific cars. Its always local ads for nearby stealerships with their cars on sale.

Specific car ads are few and far between.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

I dont know about that ..there is all the zoom zoom commercials, and Nissan , and truck commercials ...

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by ssute57l View Post

There's a few things they took out when they brought the Manaro (sp?) over to the US. Things like climate control, bluetooth, navigation (I think it was available in AUS), etc.

IMO the most common competition for the GTO is the Mustang (debatable). Which really isn't much competition stock for stock.
    The GTO is a bit more expensive, but well worth the extra money. More power, more comfort, better looking (the eye of the beholder), and you don't see them around every corner.

Impulse blue
    2005 Pontiac GTO

I love being able to drive down the street or even drive to work in a pretty large city and be the only one on the road who has a GTO. I have seen 2 GTOs (1 was from out of state) and i have had my GTo for almost a yr a now and I can count at least 4-5 Mustangs on my STREET alone that tremble when I pull in !! I love it!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_diZh6IU-0c

~*Candice*~

Thread Information