Impulse Blue
    2006 GTO

Hmmm....Borla Exhaust?

I am thinking about getting a Borla for my 06 Goat..and will eventually get the LT SLP headers also..Just wanted to hear someone eles opinion on that set-up. Maybe someone has the borla and can tell me how it sounds and all. Or even better someone has both and can tell a little about it. Also if anyone could tell me a good place to buy a noltec rear diff insert I'd apperciate it...Thanks.
    Last edited by tyxpx; 12-13-2006 at 09:50 PM.

Black
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Go Borla

I have an 04 GTO, and before u say o thats not an 05 or 06, the exhausts on the cars are pretty much the same except that they exit differently. I have LT slp headers with the high flow cats kit, then i added a borla catback. I have never been disapointed! U will want to get on it at every light because of such a great sound, (AND POWER). even all my friends who own muscle and sports cars, still tell me how fuckin sick my car sounds when i come down the street! go with BORLA

Borla is ok. A little exotic sounding for my taste. IMO, its a waste of money to buy a cat back for an '05/'06. You already have true 2.5" dual exhaust. Why not just save the cashola and get your headers.....then see how it sounds. You might actually like it...and think of the money saved for other stuff. Great thing about our system...is if you dont like something...just swap it out....(muffs/cats/resonator). I have LT's and no cats on the stock system...I get lots of compliments on the sound. Just food for thought.
    '06 M6 GTO (Redrum)
    Comp 228/232
    SW LT's
    GMM Ripper
    JHP Pod
    C.A.I. Air Box
    HPS Tuned
    421rwhp/401rwtq

Phantom Black
    2004 LS6 GTO

I have an 04 and did the 06 rear bumper with the 06 Borla with the 5 inch tips. I also have kooks 1 3/4 LTs with catted mid pipes. It sounds good, not too loud and not too quiet, it does have a slight drone from 1300 to 1600 rpm. But once you romp on it from 2500 on up it sounds mean. Hit it from a roll at 4500 rpm and it sounds like a beast. It sounds like muscle mixed with a little bit of exotic but not too much. It is almost perfect for me. Search on Ls1gto.com and you can prolly find clips of it.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

5" TIPS?!!??!!?

Black
    06 Chevy Caprice HT (RIP)

I have a Corsa exhaust system for a 04 GTO...I also slapped in a pair of JBA Headers and JBA 2.5" midpipes...i am loving it...I got the 4" single exit, and might look for the oval exit...

Only complaint is lowend resonance at 1250-1500 RPM...After that there is no noise...I am looking for easy fixes, though i know there are none, there are no quick fixes...

Thread Information