Brazen Orange
    2006 GTO

Hey SARGE ...Losing HP buy using CAI thread...

Hey Sarge, I just wanted to know what you thought on this thread I found. My question is. I have the SS Spintech Super Pro Streets with 4 inch tips and soon a AEM Brute Force....do I need to get a tune...or can I just disconnect the battery terminal....and how long do I do that? Here the thread.....
    http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthr...em+brute+force

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by TysGTO View Post
    Hey Sarge, I just wanted to know what you thought on this thread I found. My question is. I have the SS Spintech Super Pro Streets with 4 inch tips and soon a AEM Brute Force....do I need to get a tune...or can I just disconnect the battery terminal....and how long do I do that? Here the thread.....
    http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthr...em+brute+force
    LOL...those guys just tickle the shit out of me. Dont get me wrong here...there are a few that know their stuff pretty good...but the vast majority went from a Honda Accord to a GTO and jump on the forum and start posting away about how to tune and various mods and shit...just painful....
    Anyway...yeah....the LS2 has/had some issues with slapping a filter on right in fromt of the MAF that causes the computer to freak out and go into safe mode....so they modified the tubes....Disconnect your negative battery terminal....pull the ECM fuse....turn your ignition key to the on position ( this discharges all the capacitor juice)....turn the ignition off...let is set for like 30 minutes....reconnect your battery terminal...put the fuse back in.....now go drive it....drive it normal for a few minutes around town.......then make a few 0-60 runs and let it coast back to zero....turn your A/C on full blast and let it idle for a minute...turn the A/C off and let it idle for a minute....this helps it learn the new found air flow.....dont worry if during this procedure it is "searching" for idle...that would be normal......but she will settle down and you will be good to go....
    And on my 04 the ECM fuse is in the fuse box on the passenger side in the engine bay....a red one Sez ECM...so it is marked clearly....

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

wow very good info, my roommate has a CAI on his 05 and we didnt see much of a gain from it and headersbut then again we already know it needs a tune BADLY. Torque management sure ca kill a good rush, cant get a good launch or even powerbrake that thing with the damned traction control OFF

Brazen Orange
    2006 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    LOL...those guys just tickle the shit out of me. Dont get me wrong here...there are a few that know their stuff pretty good...but the vast majority went from a Honda Accord to a GTO and jump on the forum and start posting away about how to tune and various mods and shit...just painful....
    Anyway...yeah....the LS2 has/had some issues with slapping a filter on right in fromt of the MAF that causes the computer to freak out and go into safe mode....so they modified the tubes....Disconnect your negative battery terminal....pull the ECM fuse....turn your ignition key to the on position ( this discharges all the capacitor juice)....turn the ignition off...let is set for like 30 minutes....reconnect your battery terminal...put the fuse back in.....now go drive it....drive it normal for a few minutes around town.......then make a few 0-60 runs and let it coast back to zero....turn your A/C on full blast and let it idle for a minute...turn the A/C off and let it idle for a minute....this helps it learn the new found air flow.....dont worry if during this procedure it is "searching" for idle...that would be normal......but she will settle down and you will be good to go....
    And on my 04 the ECM fuse is in the fuse box on the passenger side in the engine bay....a red one Sez ECM...so it is marked clearly....
    Thanks Sarge! I'll let you know how it went. Again, thank you.

Thread Information