PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

HELP PLZ!!! wiring pulling

ok, i must be a complete maron, lol. how do i get wires from the engine bay to the inside of my car. simply put, for gauges and the usb port for my FJO controller.

Impulse Blurr
    2004 GTO

Don't quoat me

I would think through the firewall with the rest of the wires that go to the interior. I have an 04' GTO also but I haven't run any wires yet. I would run out there & look for you but I work nights & I'm going to bed. Look up on the firewall(rear of the engine bay). There should be a hole (at least 1 if not more) going through it (probably surrounded by a rubber grommet). You should be able to push your wires though the rest of them into the passenger compartment. This is an educated guess (my disclaimer)

Phantom Black Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Check the firewall on the drivers side. Just pull up the carpet and there should be an hole with a plug. You can route wires through there.

I'm not 100% positive for this on the GTO but there is always openings in the firewall in that area. I built many systems in cars and there is always one to run the wires haha.

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

thanks guys
    ill give it a look tonight, only other issure i might have is getting the wires up to the top for the dual gauge pod, but im sure once im in there i coiuld figure it out

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by JAX04 View Post
    thanks guys
    ill give it a look tonight, only other issure i might have is getting the wires up to the top for the dual gauge pod, but im sure once im in there i coiuld figure it out
    once you get the wires run through the firewall, pop the top center dash plate off. take a straitened coathanger and gently slide it through the top holes down towards your new wires. one at a time tape the wires to the end of the coat hanger and pull them up and out to where you need them.....repeat till all wires are pulled

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

thanks guys, i ended up forgetting about posting this withink a couple hours lol. and got all my shit wired up. just followed the wires to the pcm and went throught there. so now IVE GOT NITROUS> ! HELLZ YEAH!!!

hugger orange

thanks guys, i ended up forgetting about posting this withink a couple hours lol. and got all my shit wired up. just followed the wires to the pcm and went throught there. so now IVE GOT NITROUS> ! HELLZ YEAH!!!
    what shot and setup did you go with? is the FJO box just for timing retard?

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

no, the fjo does not retard timing, its acruatlly a progressive single or two stage controller with a built in window switch. the harris speed works interface is what ill be using for timing retard. so i only retard timing at wot when the nitrous is activated. pretty nice. also, its NX setup with a 100 shot till the harris speed works gets here. then im going two stage. 75 to get out of the hole then 100 shot on top. or just a 175. either way. i can progressivly bring the juice in. to try an avoid wheel spin. then shot the full shot thru the rest of the gears

hugger orange

no, the fjo does not retard timing, its acruatlly a progressive single or two stage controller with a built in window switch. the harris speed works interface is what ill be using for timing retard. so i only retard timing at wot when the nitrous is activated. pretty nice. also, its NX setup with a 100 shot till the harris speed works gets here. then im going two stage. 75 to get out of the hole then 100 shot on top. or just a 175. either way. i can progressivly bring the juice in. to try an avoid wheel spin. then shot the full shot thru the rest of the gears
    sounds like a good setup! one of my friends just put a NX multiport 180 wet shot on with a dry plate to give him a total 320 shot

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

damn, thas nasty as hell. is he on a stock bottom end. i would hope not.

hugger orange

not anymore, but he ran a stock bottom end for 4 years with heads cam and 150 shot

hugger orange

not anymore, but he ran a stock bottom end for 4 years with heads cam and 150 shot

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

sweet. i dont know, im starting to think i can handle a bigger shot since its progressive. i kinda thought that the only reason you cant run a HUGE shot is becuase nitrous is brutal. but turbo car and super cars can hold 600 wheel. why cant it. so im thinkin that if i set up a nice progressive tune that it will hold a 200 shot without a problem. i guess ill see.

hugger orange

sweet. i dont know, im starting to think i can handle a bigger shot since its progressive. i kinda thought that the only reason you cant run a HUGE shot is becuase nitrous is brutal. but turbo car and super cars can hold 600 wheel. why cant it. so im thinkin that if i set up a nice progressive tune that it will hold a 200 shot without a problem. i guess ill see.
    put some ARP rod bolts in, and a set of comp 918 springs, they are your weak point.
    the stock rod bolts stretch and with any shot you can spin right passed the rev limit and get valve float.....its cheap insurance

Thread Information