Thread: Hello Goat guys

Black
    05 GTO

Hello Goat guys

found this site as one of very few not blocked by my work internet connection and am glad this one snuck through. Seems like a lot of the guys who know a lot about these cars are in NE Ohio, and I'm in Cleveland.

My Name is Jay. I've had my 05 for about 3 weeks now and love it. I picked this car as I'm used to quick vehicles but can't have a gaudy looking car, as I pull into Clients driveways quite regularly. My dad just got himself a 335i. I like the bmw a lot but couldn't afford one. I like the GTO better.

My last fun car was an 87 IROC-Z which i never stopped modding the entire time i had it. By the time i sold it, i'd put three transmissions (ending up with a T56) and several sets of heads and cams on a zz3 shortblock. I've posted a pic. I had most of the parts for a twin turbo build for it, and never finished because the real world caught up with me. I built my own intercooler out of 3 saab 900 cores. It was a fun project that I wish i finished. I'm considering something along those lines for the GTO.

Before that I had an old CJ5 that i put a 5.9L in it and messed with the suspension a lot. Trucks seem boring now though.

The Goat is Black on Red, Stock on Stock. 50k miles. 6 speed. I'm looking to change the stock part but i don't want to hurt my mileage too badly as I drive it as much as possible. Ideally speaking, I'll have my other car up and running to drive so i can do more with the GTO.

I'd very much like to change the shifter. The one i had in the camaro was much better. Suggestions on that?

Last edited by 0rion; 08-15-2009 at 08:08 PM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

welcome to the site and nice looking rides. I edited your post so your pictures would show up. When you either reply or start a thread there are the icons just above the text box. The yellow one with the little scenery on it is the one that will put [IMG] tags around your link. Just use the picture properties without the [url] tag.

GTO1_ohio is up your way I think. I get up in the akron/canton area a few times a year but try to stay away from Cleveland.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Welcome to the site man....

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

yes welcome..thinks Orion stays away cause the ls1 of GTO1s will smoke his ls1 car..lol

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

true

98 Formula
    06 duramax

what was your best time at the spring rental.... I forget? and how many seats were left in the car??

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    what was your best time at the spring rental.... I forget? and how many seats were left in the car??
    National Trail Raceway - Hebron, Ohio Friday, September 11th, 2009

... seats??? same as are in in now.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

lol unhuh seems to me I see alot of seat disapear right before the car goes to tha pits....
    mods: custom built twins, built 408 w/l92 stock GM heads,GM matching intake,drag bags,frame ties,aluminum drive shaft, performabuilt 4l80e,Yank converter,ohios fastest and quickest 04-06 GTO 9.52 at 144mph. 1.50 60ft on stock rear end and shafts/suspension,on drag radials.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by qwkgto View Post
    lol unhuh seems to me I see alot of seat disapear right before the car goes to tha pits....
    right....looked like a swap meet in his area. I damn near started putting offers in on stuff. Seems like I was a few tenths faster too....with seats and we won't even get into dollars spent.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    right....looked like a swap meet in his area. I damn near started putting offers in on stuff. Seems like I was a few tenths faster too....with seats and we won't even get into dollars spent.
    Removing the seats just evens the weight. Slowest run I made this summer since fixing my heat soak problem is 12.02 and that was with a 4300 DA. We shall see....

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by GTO1_OHIO View Post
    Removing the seats just evens the weight. Slowest run I made this summer since fixing my heat soak problem is 12.02 and that was with a 4300 DA. We shall see....
    I wouldn't say that.... I have probably 100lbs on you just in driver weight. Plus frame ties, 12 bolt, and other suspension stuff that added weight. Maybe I'll be pulling my seats and sway bar this trip.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

this is going to be good I got me a new camera lets get this moment caught on film

Black
    05 GTO

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Who is running and who isn't running frame ties? I know they are practically a must with my old 3rd gen camaro.

Thread Information