Thread: gto vs ws6

black
    01 pontiac transam ws6 m6

gto vs ws6

ok heres the deal, i have had the trans am for almost a year now. i am starting to hate jumping in and out of that damn thing. i feel clastrophobic everytime i drive in it, the seats are very uncomfortable and i want rid myself of it asap but i cant stop starring at that damn beautiful car so basically i want some feedback on the ls1 gto ive never driven one are they comfortable? roomy? whats the gase mileage on the ls1 gto? 1/4 mile time? m6 of course!

Impulse Blue Metallic
    2004 GTO

My ex had a WS6 for over a year, and while it looked good I never cared for the ride. I have an 04 GTO (LS1) and here are my two cent opinions on the two:

Ride Quality: GTO
    Power/Performance: GTO
    Handling (taking tight curves / road hugging): ws6
    Leg/Head Room: GTO Definitely! (I'm 6'3")
    OVerall Comfort: GTO
    Gas Mileage: Even - totally depends on the weight of the foot

Hope this helps a little. They are both nice cars, but I really prefer the GTO.

Spice Red
    06 GTO A4

LS1 GTO vs LS1 WS6 Trans Am

As mentioned in the above post. GTO is more comfortable and drives a lot smoother. You need to sit in both cars. WS6 sits very low with your legs way out in front. The GTO sits higher up in a more comfortable position. The GTO has excellent seats.

Performance wise. The edge goes to the WS6. Drivers being equal, the WS6 will come out on top, but it will still be close.

An LS1 WS6 Trans Am and a LS2 05/06 GTO is a drivers race. Very close. I raced a WS6 in my 06 A4 GTO and beat it by about a 1/2 car in a full 1/4 mile.

Here's a old video of LS2 GTO vs WS6 Tran Am. As you can see they are very evenly matched.
    http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...b78a27fbc9.htm
    But a WS6 would be a little too much for an 04 LS1 GTO (on average).

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

I own a ws.6 and was shocked when i sat in a goat. I felt like i was sitting in a sedan, a comfy one, but a sedan. The seat is upright and the butt is very level, not like the t/a's swooping throw-back. Frankly, i as a 5'3" small guy, thought the overhead clearance was a little too tight for me in the goat. Only thing you can do is test one out, man.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Yes MANY people refer to the "Goats" seats as the NICEST ones in any GM yet.
    NO comparsion on the room factor!!!!

If you can afford it the 05/06 LS2 cars are much improved over the 04's!!!!
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

They are VERY comfortable. I have been driving my roommates 05 for the past couple weeks since he is outta town and my T/A is broken down. If comfort is what your after then the GTO is definatly a superior car. The WS6 however is more responsive to mods (because of weight) and I am small and love the feel what I drive the WS6. Under hard acceleration then you get more of the punch in the gut feeling from the t/a but like what was said before they are pretty even stock for stock (who has a stock ws6 anymore geez..)

Impulse Blue
    2004 GTO

I owned an '02 for a year. The GTO has a WAAAAAAYYYYYY better interior. The rear seat room is worlds better in the GTO, that's the main reason I decided to trade. I couldn't drive my Z28, and kave my wife and daughter in the car comfortably. My daughter was only 2 at the time, and she has to sit in a booster seat. To give her enough leg room, my wife had to slide her seat all the way forward, which was uncomfortable for her.

ANother thing in favor of the GTO, which people may not think about is the doors. The doors of the F-bodies are long! It was very hard to get in and out without banging my door into the car next to me in normal parking spots. Between the low seating position, and the doors themselves, it was a pain in the ass to get out of the car. The GTO posses no problems! I love mine!!!!!!!!

Thread Information