Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

gto twin turbo build

here is a shot of my car and the oe im working on now,the one on left is first ls1 twin turbo setup I have done,car is going to have mufflers after turbos customer wants it quiet.

stock look^^^^^^

here is some of the parts going on car

heres a shot of what it will look like under hood when finished

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

good luck man

White
    2002 VY SS

What kit is that mate? Or is it custom built by you? The pumps will be at the collectors I assume??

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Firebug View Post
    What kit is that mate? Or is it custom built by you? The pumps will be at the collectors I assume??
    I built these kits complete ready to rock for customers,complete including fuel system and tune.
    mods: custom built twins, built 408 w/l92 stock GM heads,GM matching intake,drag bags,frame ties,aluminum drive shaft, performabuilt 4l80e,Yank converter,ohios fastest and quickest 04-06 GTO 9.52 at 144mph. 1.50 60ft on stock rear end and shafts/suspension,on drag radials.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Another beast in the making. Did you always have the SAPs in, or did you just install them? Maybe I just noticed them?

Black
    2004 Pontiac GTO M-6

mistake
    Last edited by blue2050; 08-19-2009 at 05:51 PM.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Another beast in the making. Did you always have the SAPs in, or did you just install them? Maybe I just noticed them?
    I just put the saps in a few weeks ago,got em for $200 shipped

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

here is shot of the rear as I was fabbing it,(not done yet) just an preview of what it going to look like when done,just have most of it tacked so it can be taken apart and finish welded.

intercooler waiting on piping.
    Last edited by qwkgto; 07-26-2009 at 06:22 AM.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by blue2050 View Post
    Thats my car on the left.

Before it went to QWK GTO it got pedders up front per Sarge's thread. Did the rears too.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74269
    Click for full size

I also have had my car for awhile. I bought the 2005 brakes and rotors for my 04..back in 2005, when there was not alot of choice and money was tight. Cleveland Pick a Part.
    Been overseas working; for the USA; for the last few years..so I just got around to installing them.
    I did have Corvette pads on the 04 brakes. Old trick probaly some of you remember.
    I know, might need more.
    Hawk pads in the 2005 brake calipers are 100% better than the 04's that I removed.
    Click for full size

Harrop rear cover
    Click for full size

Cradle bushings from BMR.
    Click for full size

Nitto 555 max perf for the street. Caps are off lugs on purpose. Looking for a good replacement for those. Have the OEM caps here.
    New tires showed I had a real problem with the right front strut. New pedders strut bushings front and New Monroe sensa track struts both fronts. Quick fix.
    Click for full size

A Monster stage 3.5 clutch premium package with billet steel flywheel was installed by XXX Motorsports, Pensacola, Fl. My 2--4 GTO is a M-6...obviosly.
    http://www.monsterclutches.com/level35clutch.html

QWKGTO is doing the twin turbos, fuel system, SS headers, exahust, fuel system...whole package running and tuned. What he has done to date looks really good.
    QWKGTO has installind an upgrade aluminum drive shaft. Forget who makes it...not BMR.
    BMR upgrade 1/2 shafts and CV shafts....the car is set up to hold 700hp/tq at its weakest point.

4 Wheel Aligned here by a shop with a great reputation. Nice guys. Aligned good, and no strut rub. Sent by closed carrier to QWKGTO.
    I have the carriers name and number if anyone is interested. Uses a 28' closed trailer pulled by a dually Dodge diesel.
    Nice fellow, took very good care of my car.

These are the guages I have here in Florida waiting for my car. SCSS makes these and the A pillar pod. Installed the center pod back in 2005 or so. Same red faced GTO logo gauges..
    used be a post with pics on this site of that oil pressure and volts install?
    Click for full size

Also have a stiffy here waiting. Mines a 2003 or 4. Should be easy enough. Have drag bags. Going to see what issues I have; if any; before installing them

Slicks are on the way, track is 20 minutes from my house. I am going to make new friends. It has been decades since I have raced.
    Turn 47 next week. Some might call this something. I call it fun and a dandy b'day for me.

I will say hats off to the engineer who decided to bleed air out the top of brake calipers with gravity. That was a new one on me. Cool beans that.... After screwing up the 1st set.
    Will not bleed if you point that bleeder screw down..like every other car I have done...try as you might you will not get a firm pedal. Now I know!!

and finally.... customer wants a sleeper.

Cheers
    Blue

Said I had not posted in a long time and suggested I post.... every time I searched. There you go.
    I will have to say those are some sweet looking guages,Blue has me wanting them for my own car!

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Man, all those gauges look like my friend, Daryl's GTO. Like a rocket ship.

extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

here is some updates,
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l74/qwks15/Picture213.jpg
    [/IMG]

[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l74/qwks15/Picture217.jpg[/IMG

more to comephotos above include 1 peice aluminum drive shaftw/billet yoke,photos of under hood install,some of the tiged intercooler tubing and piping.tial BOV and tial waste gate.all stainless was used from headers back,with the exception of the all aluminum intercooler tubing.
    Last edited by qwkgto; 07-31-2009 at 03:48 AM.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

Looks great. Those are some clean looking welds...maybe they will get sarge's stamp of approval! lol

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by GTO1_OHIO View Post
    Looks great. Those are some clean looking welds...maybe they will get sarge's stamp of approval! lol
    lol maybe..

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

twin turbo updates

and heres a small video

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Very nice!!!

White
    2002 VY SS

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

Whats left to be done? Just some tuning?

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

yes,was going to finalize it yesterday,but as you know we had a big storm here in OHIO..

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

cars on its way to its owner in Florida,guy who picked it up went for alil ride,he was smiling...car was only running 5 psi,owner is going to have it tuned where hes at for sea level racing,but for 5 psi run pretty good.... that ls1 had alot left in it I ran it up to one bar and it felt very strong..
    Last edited by qwkgto; 08-17-2009 at 06:25 PM.

Black
    2004 Pontiac GTO M-6

What I got

My car is slightly quieter than open headers. Not quite is an understatement.
    Remember customer wants quiet?

the Install.
    7 tp 10 days was the contract. A little over a month later my car arrived back here.

First drive. Car smokes. Does not have the power it had when I sent it.
    Next day take it to a local hot rod shop to see what the hell.

Time I got there, stumbling and missing all the way.
    The rear of the car is soaked in oil. The exhast is spitting out oil and oil is dripping from the BOV where the charge is sending oil into the engine.
    Had to drive as easy as possible. Any throttle leaves a trail of back smoke. I did floor it once. Huge plume of back smoke. Twice cars got close behind me. They quickly backed way off after getting sprayed with oil. Illegal as hell to be driving the car at all. I will not crank it again until...

Intake manfold has a leak all around the valley. Spray brake cleaner anywhere around the intake manifold and it changes the idle. Almost kills it.
    Did not really have to do that, you can hear it plainly over the loud exhast. Its a bad leak. Manifold will have to come off and be redone...thats easy!

Charge pipes form the turbos on both sides ride on the 1/2 shafts. Sounds like a muffler dragging. No way to fix this. I guess QWKGTO did not expect me to put gas in it. Worse with gas but it dragged when I got it with the gas light on. Aluminum chage pipes both sides are almost burned through after the drive to the hot rod shop and back.

Had to park it outside, it has a fuel leak. Smells strong of gas inside and outsid the car. First time my car has spent the night outside in 4 years.
    My car had never been driven in the rain.

Front clip is not installed correctly. Body lines are as much as 1/2" out.

I could go on and on. I am ripping it off today and restoring my car to the clean quite fairly powerful car I sent.

I can not run it as it is. Burning oil, leaking gas, leaky intake manifold.
    Runs like sh*t. Hardly runs at all!!

I have alot more pictures of this crap. Hard to show a black cars rear is soaked in oil. It is!! Exhaust just drips oil at idle..as does the BOV.
    Thats oil on that metal cross member by the BOV. that was clean. I show one charge pipe rubbing the 1/2 shaft. Both rub...I have many more photo's.

I will post a video later. Nothing tells the story like a smoking oil blowing, metal grinding, video.
    Maybe he can do LS2's. Failed hoirribly on my LS1.
    Bad design from the start. I did not understand he was doing a STS type install. Told me the turbo's would go where the mufflers were.

Roger Chaman told me all this happened in transport. 6500.00 twin turbo install. What a mistake. costly mistake.
    He did add BMR 1/2 shafts, CV's and an aluminum drive shaft, that seems fine. that was 1400.00 extra. I paid 8600.00 total for this crap I am going to take off. 1578.00 transport. 120.00 in parts I had to ship to Roger. Bought him a 279.00 wide band for his shop so he could do this. http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lm1.php
    Then paid 60.00 in shipping.
    Last edited by blue2050; 08-21-2009 at 06:23 AM. Reason: I have a lot to say

Thread Information