Thread: GTO or T/A

GTO or T/A

So I had my eye on a 00 SS then a 02 WS6 then a 99 T/A non WS6 and they all ended up being sold before I could pull the trigger on any of them. Tonight I took a stroll over to a part of town I dont get over to very often and swung through a Buick, Pontiac, GMC dealership just to see what was there when a GTO caught my eye so I park my car and step out to have a look and notice it's an M6. I dont have a lot of intrest in these b/c they are still a little high in price just then a salesman come running up to me (seriously he was running) to catch me before I get in my car and drive off, so just to humor him I ask "how much you askin for the Goat?" "$13,900" he says. He then goes on to tell me all about it. I've been partial to the T/A becouse I know a bit about them and have a few friends that have them I don't know a lot about the GTO other than the volume knob on the radio is on the wrong side and it weighs about 3700 lbs. So anyway I'm egar to hear all your opinions on the 05 GTO pro and con and advantages and disadvantages over the F bods and vice versa. I'm really looking for a garage ornament a "cool" car to roll around in not a DD, I already have one of those. I also read somwhere that "Cyclone Grey" is a rare color for the 05-06 GTOs is this Cyclone Grey?

http://www.mikesbuickpontiacgmc.com/...ails/338692513

hugger orange

I have to vote for the GTO, its got a lot nicer interior, and more room inside. it is hard to get in and out of the back seats, but once your in there is a lot more room than the F-body. in my opinon they are built a lot better too.
    you would be getting a lot more car with the goat, and trust me its a lot easier to change sparkplugs in too

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I would have to buy that I think. Cyclone grey is one of my favorite colors for these cars....after yellow jacket. Get it....you won't be disappointed.

IBM
    2006 Pontiac GTO

if your goin for all out performance go with the fbody other wise go with goat its built better, nicer interior and has the 6.0L, its just the weight is not good if your lookin for all out performance or a drag car. Personally i liked the looked better of my old WS6 but prefer everything else about my GTO
    2006 IBM GTO A4
    20% sides/rear 35% Windshield,SAP Repos,Ruff 278s Staggered 18s,LT's,Catless mids,Spintech Mufflers/X pipe,Torquer v.2,Vig3200 Stall,HPTuned,AEM CAI,SLP Thermostat,IAT relocate,BMR Drag bags, P4000DVD HU.

2000 TA WS6 NBM A4 Full Bolt-Ons-Gone

2000 Trans Am WS6 LS6
    2006 GTO LS2

I love them both!
    2010 Camaro
    2006 GTO, LS2, 1 of 475
    2009 Chevy Silverado

Black
    2004 GTO

I vote also for the GTO!! I agree about the interior and yes the, the engine is alot better to work with..But the price is pretty high i think..Got mine with the same mile for 12500 (about the same miles)..But mine was also an 04 ls1..But i think if you keep searching you can probly find a better price for a GTO!!

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Or...you COULD get an 04 and mod it. STEALTH.

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    True..

Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

I used to hate the GTO's so much because i thought GM ruined it. but the car has really grown on me and i can say now that i really like them for their quality. They are built a lot better than our fbodies and have a lot of potential with the ls2 in them(your case). Although TA's and Camaro will always appeal more to me, there are a ton of very sexy GTO's runnin around(and on this site).

I think its a win win whatever you choose.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Oh yeah baby

Cosmos Purple
    2004 GTO

I vote for the GTO, but I'm biased. You asked about the color. It is a cyclone gray car. They built 714 cyclone gray cars with 17" wheels and a 6sp transmission. Is it rare? when you consider all other cars, yes. Among GTO's it's about midpack. Seems like alot of miles for an '05, but I would consider the price to be right.
    If you decide to get it, check out,

www.indygoatherd.com

Good people there...

IBM
    2006 Pontiac GTO

whats your name on there? im bgable

Cosmos Purple
    2004 GTO

same as here.

Haven't had a chance to post latley but the car was sold on a Monday after I found it, I never got a chance to really check it out. And the search continues.

Thread Information