Ripshifting

Black
    2004 GTO

GTO Header Question...

Possibly this question has been murdered repeatedly but...

I'm about to order some Loudmouth/Loudmouth II exhaust with some midpipes...

I'm looking for something deep and muscular, out of the 2, which would you order? And more, what would you order in place? I love the Spintechs, but they only come with the split exhaust.

Also, I was going to order some Pacesetter Jet Hot Coated headers vs. the Kooks headers. PC LTJHC tubes vs. Kooks? I just don't get why kooks is 2x the price for standard LT vs the PC LT jet hots? Is it really worth twice the money?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I have the loudmouth II's. The loudmouths just were too loud. Have you looked at Stainless Works LT's?

Quick Silver Metalic
    2005 Pontiac GTO

SLP LT's and MagnaFlo cat-back. I wanted to hear myself think when cruising down the road. There's tons of sound clips out there to hear different cat-backs and LT's will only enhance the sound of the cat-back you decide on.

Good luck,

Chris

Nero
    2006 gto

Ive read a lot about the differences between Kook's and PaceSetter, since I was looking at the black coated pacesetter LT's. Dont take my word for it, but it seems to me like Kook's are 2X the price because they can withstand more power. I was told by someone else on here that Pacesetters are fine unless youre trying to build a real beast, like a drag-strip monster. Im still going with the Pacesetters, since my goals are only around 700hp and tq.

IBM
    2006 Pontiac GTO

the reason kooks are more is because the are made out of stainless steel and the Pacesetters are coated steel i believe...Stainless wont rust and lasts longer ,where as salt and other road debris will eventually make the coated pacesetters start to pit and rust.

Cosmos Purple
    2004 GTO M6

I have the SLP LT headers, mids w/cats, Loudmouth II system. Very deep musclecar tone. Turns heads too.

Like Sarge says, the Loudmouth I is very loud.

I had the LM I mufflers on my car for all of about 15 minutes. It was insanely loud for a street car. The LM II mufflers are very tolorable on a long trip. Plus it doesn't get the cops attention right away (as long as your not standing on the throttle.)
    Last edited by Mich's04; 10-10-2008 at 05:57 PM.
    04 Cosmos Purple M6, SAP Grills & Spoiler, '05 Hood, Procharger, TrickFlow 515 HP H/C Kit, SLP LT Headers/LM II, '05 Big Red Brake upgrade, Drag bags, Holden CV8R wheels, GMM Ripshifter. Tuned by New Era: 515 rwhp/471 ft.lbs. Retuned by J&J Speed: Speed Density tuned 586rwhp/ 492 ft.lbs.

hugger orange

im running the pacesetter longtubes, non coated, $450 shipped and no complaints at all with them

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Yup....I installed a set for a guy with an 05 here in San Antonio.....great quality....

Ripshifting

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by gable2000ta View Post
    the reason kooks are more is because the are made out of stainless steel and the Pacesetters are coated steel i believe...Stainless wont rust and lasts longer ,where as salt and other road debris will eventually make the coated pacesetters start to pit and rust.
    I suppose this question's answer is more directly affected by where you live. I live in Arkansas so 105 degrees at 90 to 100% humidity is just another middle summer day. Never really gets "cold" here long enough for ice and snow to last more than a couple of days. So I never have to deal with road salt and other debris. I would guess I might lose maybe 5hp with Jet Hot Pacesetters vs Kooks?

Ripshifting

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Yup....I installed a set for a guy with an 05 here in San Antonio.....great quality....
    This seems a bit sarcismatastic to me...

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Not meant to be.

Impulse Blue
    2004 GTO

I have Dynatech's and also helped installed SW. Both are easy installs. Very good headers.

Do headers first. It will change the way the car sounds. If it isn't loud or deep enough, then go on to a cat back. You'll find a lot of people complain that when did cat back first and then headers, it was too loud for them.

I ran the stock cat back for quite awhile. Then went to a Corsa Touring. I then switched back to the stock cat back because I like the way the stock cat back sounds. Mine has the H-pipe made functional and that also changed the tone of the exhaust for the better, IMHO.

I went to Playboy Mansion FantaZGuy28's Avatar

YJ
    04 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by TyeMug View Post
    I suppose this question's answer is more directly affected by where you live. I live in Arkansas so 105 degrees at 90 to 100% humidity is just another middle summer day. Never really gets "cold" here long enough for ice and snow to last more than a couple of days. So I never have to deal with road salt and other debris. I would guess I might lose maybe 5hp with Jet Hot Pacesetters vs Kooks?
    Bingo, your gunna see around a 5hp difference between the two. But for an extra 500 dollars its not worth it.

Thread Information