Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

GTO Car buying Guru's... Come in!

Alright guys,
    I'm seriously considering going to look at this 2006 blue on blue gto with 37k miles. They are asking $18,888 at a dealership around Austin.

In your experience, does that seem like a legit price or can I haggle them down more with cash?

What are some common problems/issues to look for when buying a car, specifically a gto?

This one is my top two colors for an 06, and am really interested, but I suck at negotiating. Any help I can get is appreciated.

Thanks,

I f@#ked the prom queen RoadWrath04's Avatar

drivers' morale daily.
    Destroying Mustang-

i'm sales manager for a GM dealership...price is dependant upon several things, a large part of which is the area and the dealership itself...is this a "chain" dealership and does it carry a specific line of new vehicles as well? also, you need to use both NADA and Kelley book values...just use their site, take their RETAIL numbers, add and then divide by 2, take their TRADE values, add together and divide by 2 as well...the price you can likely talk them down to is going to be somewhere in between...what you are pretty much doing is finding the AVERAGE retail numbers and the AVERAGE trade numbers for that specific vehicle in that area...also, if they are a GM line dealership (Chevy, GMC, Buick, Cadillac, maybe even Pontiac still if they carry leftover '09 models), then ask about getting it GM certified...should cost a few hundred buck, but it goes through a very detailed inspection process, plus adds some warranty to the vehicle for peace of mind...realistically, in my area, a similar GTO in excellent condition you should be trying to actually purchase for around $16,800...that's close to what the dealership should have in it, without totally stripping them totally out of profit (they prob own it for $15,500-$16,000)...again, a lot of it is dependant on what area and what kind of dealership...be careful if you are buying it at a used-car-only lot...good luck!

oh, and cash vs. finance at a dealership is an illusion...it won't make the price cheaper to pay with cash, but if you show them you HAVE it there, might twist their arm a bit...they'd rather you finance tho, they get cash back from the banks when you do...

2000 C5 Torch Red

nevermind... I bought an 09 g8 gt today

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Hey, still built on an updated GTO platform. So, basically, you got a 4 door goat. Congrats!!!

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Oh...and are a must.

2000 C5 Torch Red

I think you saw these already, but my camera's dead and couldn't take a photo

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

chuckie, just when i think you couldnt be any dumber, you do something like this....AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!!!! Good job sir!

2000 C5 Torch Red

lol... Any cool info or tsb's anybody knows about? It has a nifty center screen (that has so much info, I don't know where to start). Do these have that cool little hidden screen like the gto's that show vehicle info or no?

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I don't have much knowledge about the G8s. I believe they have a driver info center. What is entailed in the DIC, I do not know.

Thread Information