Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gto?

black
    2000 trans am

gto?

Just got paid for my stock TA (forced) and i really thinking about getting a gto ls2. I know il be paying more money for one and ofcourse there newer but is it really worth the money? Honestly...

98 Formula
    06 duramax

the 06's are pretty damn nice.....I loved my 04 really. I would own another one for sure and probably will one of these days. My bro has an 06 and if I were to get another one I'd look for an 06. Nothing huge between them and the 05's but his rims were nicer and the tail lights look sharp.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

My wife has a 2004 GTO with the sport appearance package including hood scoops, 06 tail lights, recessed grill, 18" wheels and tires, tall rear spoiler and larger chrome exhaust tips. It looks great.

black
    2000 trans am

No doupt there good looking but i mean power wise

98 Formula
    06 duramax

you will not be disappointed. If you're looking for a race car then pick something else but if you're looking for something that has plenty of power, seats 4 adults, and has the best interior GM ever produced then go for it. Test drive one....you'll be hooked.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

350 hp and 365 tq is plenty even with an A4 trans. No offence but I like my M6. With a few mods you are over 400 hp and you can still get 18 mpg or better. I love the seats in front. I was told they were made from kangaroo hides. Is this true ? You really have to drive a GTO to love it. I wish Pontiac stayed with it but I guess they were on the way out as a company. I wonder if Holden will inport to this country in the future ?
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

black
    2000 trans am

No im not looking to race. Itl be my daily driver but i want the power, and it must be a M6

Quote Originally Posted by ls1nightrider View Post
    No im not looking to race. Itl be my daily driver but i want the power, and it must be a M6

I went from a 99 SS M6 vert to a 2005 M6 GTO and don't regret it one bit. It rides nicer and the interior is much better than the camaro. As far as power my GTO definitely pulls harder up top then my SS but I had 410s so the SS had a bit more grunt off the line and these things have an issue with well hop. I don't think you will regret getting a GTO.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by 2002ssslp View Post
    350 hp and 365 tq is plenty even with an A4 trans. No offence but I like my M6. With a few mods you are over 400 hp and you can still get 18 mpg or better. I love the seats in front. I was told they were made from kangaroo hides. Is this true ? You really have to drive a GTO to love it. I wish Pontiac stayed with it but I guess they were on the way out as a company. I wonder if Holden will inport to this country in the future ?
    seats aren't kangaroo, the gto was always planned for a 3 year run although sales were less than spectacular for it, and holden imports a car right now to the US......it's the G8.

black
    2000 trans am

Whats a good price for a gto m6 no more then 50000 miles.stock
    Just so i know whats a decent price

98 Formula
    06 duramax

from a dealer....high teens to low 20's seems to be the average depending on year and mileage. There's an 06 close to here with 1700 miles on it listed for $25900. That's a pretty good deal IMO just due to the mileage. Of course I'd talk them down off that price but still.....that's an almost new car for the most part over $10k off sticker.

black
    2000 trans am

Im looking to spend no more then 17

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

The GTO is so much nicer because it's a totally different class of car.

In 2002 you were still getting seats in Camaro that looked like they were from a 1978 Chevette..

Personally I consider the GTO more of a fast luxury car class than a door slammer.

Just my .02

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    The GTO is so much nicer because it's a totally different class of car.

In 2002 you were still getting seats in Camaro that looked like they were from a 1978 Chevette..

Personally I consider the GTO more of a fast luxury car class than a door slammer.

Just my .02
    yeah me too....they're a pretty damn nice car. GM screwed up naming it the GTO.....if they would've called it something else or kept the name Monaro I bet it would've done better sales wise. Performance wise they're right there with the f-bodies. My 04 on street tires and a tune went 13.6.....that's not bad really for how heavy it is.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Agreed, I did'nt like the GTO a few years ago as seen from just stand outside of them,

and looking in throught he window.

I won't touch a unknown someone elses car in a parking lot.

But last year when we were looking for a Hummer I got a chance to really look deep into an 05 Goat.

I was instantly liking what I saw. Everything, seats, dash layout, everything...

I'm a big guy and was very comfortable sitting in her..

I'd have no second thoughts about driving that car across the country.

One trip to Erie from Pittsburgh in my Camaro told me I did'nt want to have to drive it on a super long trip.

So every time we'd go on vacation when I had my 01 we rented a car instead.

Our other vehicles are just too old and problematic (and high mileage) for my peace of mind.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I drove my gto everywhere.....I made a bunch of trips out about an hour and a half east of you to Johnstown. I drove it to Missouri a couple times too.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by ls1nightrider View Post
    Whats a good price for a gto m6 no more then 50000 miles.stock
    Just so i know whats a decent price
    2004 w/ 50k 15,500.00 2005 same miles 16800.00 and 2006 same miles 17900.00 for vehicles in excellent condition. No rats

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

+++++^^^^^^ what they said and more, put a little $ in her and you will love it, good ride, fits adults and car seats in the rear, 06 has blacked out tail lights, sterring wheel controls for radio and cd, mine has a lock button in console and not sure if 05 has it, not much else is different. As far as ride, real nice interior and ride is good, driven 600 mile in a day, tired but ok. Gas milige with my bolt ons and tune 21-22 around town and 25 to 27 highway. hope you find what you want!

black
    2000 trans am

Il have to test drive one

Impulse Blue
    2005 a4 GTO

love mine to death

Thread Information