Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gravana Tuning

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Gravana Tuning

Have any of you purchased anything from Gravana? If so how was your experience. I ordered a front bumper for my Goat about a month ago and have not heard anything from them since. I was told initially that it would take two weeks for me to get it. I cant even get a response from them. I have called multiple times and sent emails and got nothing. Just wondering if anyone else has had a good experience with them. As of now I will never order anything from them again because of the poor communication.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    Have any of you purchased anything from Gravana? If so how was your experience. I ordered a front bumper for my Goat about a month ago and have not heard anything from them since. I was told initially that it would take two weeks for me to get it. I cant even get a response from them. I have called multiple times and sent emails and got nothing. Just wondering if anyone else has had a good experience with them. As of now I will never order anything from them again because of the poor communication.

I bought my hood and Borla exhaust from them. Jims a good guy but yes sometimes they take a while to respond.

I've been waiting for my Yella Terra rockers for over a month from another vendor ... I was also told about 2 - 3 weeks, but then they did email me and say it was backordered. That's the problem with a lot of these web sites, they take a order and it gets dropped shipped from the manufacturer. If it's out of stock you just wait. If it was a good price though it's worth it.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Weren't there folks on the other forum complaining about this same thing with Gravana months ago?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

my brother ordered his dms through them and was pretty happy with them. The waiting game unfortunately ends up being part of mail order parts. I've had more bad experiences than I've had good and I've ordered though just about every vendor out there. They seem to have their good days and bad. I would highly recommend KY Speed.....I ordered a few parts through them this winter and was extremely satisfied with them. Mark is an active member on here so he's always just a PM away. If their site doesn't list something shoot him a PM and he can usually get it. I set up a line lock GP with him and a wideband GP with him in the spring. He didn't carry either one but went out of his way to not only get them but gave us a damn good price on them.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I know Jim personally. I used to live in Santa Clarita. Top notch major shop. WTF? Do you get a recording? Are you calling the right number. Give me something and I'll call Jim.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Oh boy. Sarge is at it again.

Qucik Silver Metalic
    2004 GTO - M6

I ordered a part around Memorial weekend a couple of years, called after waiting three weeks and recevied several pedders bushings as consolation for my patience... I was pleased.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I know Jim personally. I used to live in Santa Clarita. Top notch major shop. WTF? Do you get a recording? Are you calling the right number. Give me something and I'll call Jim.
    Yeah I am calling the number that is listed on their website. I got an email from one of the sales reps today at least. I get voicemail every time and leave a message. I have never gotten a call back from them. I can understand if it has been delayed for some reason, but I have been trying to figure out what the deal is for about a week and a half now. The guy who emailed me today said he has to get in contact with DMS which I can understand. I didn't know it wasn't an in house thing. I was just frustrated with the poor communication and the inability to talk to a real person.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Yeah I am calling the number that is listed on their website. I got an email from one of the sales reps today at least. I get voicemail every time and leave a message. I have never gotten a call back from them. I can understand if it has been delayed for some reason, but I have been trying to figure out what the deal is for about a week and a half now. The guy who emailed me today said he has to get in contact with DMS which I can understand. I didn't know it wasn't an in house thing. I was just frustrated with the poor communication and the inability to talk to a real person.
    I bet they get 200 calls a day. Jim has always been very sensitive to communicating with his customers. Email seems to be the way to go these days. Look at the positive side....A) they reached out and are getting you an update B) I spent 2 hours on the phone with XM Radio...in the frickin Dominican Republic with some dipshit who couldnt speak English. I would rather "communicated" via email with them peckerheads for sure.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I think probably 99% of the issue is DMS. I'm not a fan of them as a company after seeing the T piece my brother got in the mail. When my brother ordered it from Gravana they told him the T piece they had didn't look very good so they sent it to him so he would have something to put on the car but they also had DMS make them another one and sent that to him also. It took a while for that 2nd one to come in from DMS but it was cool of Gravana to offer that and do that before he even received the first one.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

I bet they get 200 calls a day. Jim has always been very sensitive to communicating with his customers. Email seems to be the way to go these days. Look at the positive side....A) they reached out and are getting you an update B) I spent 2 hours on the phone with XM Radio...in the frickin Dominican Republic with some dipshit who couldnt speak English. I would rather "communicated" via email with them peckerheads for sure.

Yeah I am fine now. All I wanted was an update as to why it was not here yet. I know they must get a lot of calls. I just really need to get my car fixed. Both of my cars are out of commission (the GTO for the bumper and the T/A I am getting it painted), and on saturday some Jackass backed into me in a parking lot while I was driving my wife's car and the drivers door now does not shut. All three of our cars are now undriveable. Just bad luck.
    Last edited by wooddaniel; 05-28-2009 at 10:30 AM.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I think probably 99% of the issue is DMS. I'm not a fan of them as a company after seeing the T piece my brother got in the mail. When my brother ordered it from Gravana they told him the T piece they had didn't look very good so they sent it to him so he would have something to put on the car but they also had DMS make them another one and sent that to him also. It took a while for that 2nd one to come in from DMS but it was cool of Gravana to offer that and do that before he even received the first one.
    T-piece? As in the T for the DMS intake?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Yeah. Many from DMS looked like a monkey welded them.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Maybe it's just me, but, doesn't that T look like the PVC t you can find at Home Depot in the plumbing section? I saw those T's and thought to myself, "hmm...maybe I could use that with two K&N cone filters and make my own setup."

98 Formula
    06 duramax

the second one they sent him looked much better. Still not perfect but it was a much better looking piece. They also put a diverter in the middle of it to help direct the air. I didn't have my camera with me when we put it on or I would've snapped pics of it. I'm sure at some point I'll be over there when it's off and I'll get some pics of the new one.

You could probably make one from pcv pretty easy I would think. Might not look the greatest but it would work.

Black
    2004 GTO A4

Sarge - Gravana has been in constant E-mail contact with me, however I am having trouble getting my cracked hood fixed. Take a look at my thread and let me know what you think. Can it be fixed? Two our of three shops are telling me that the crack WILL come back. The third is telling me that it will cost more than the hood is worth to fix it. Any help would be appreciated. I have been F-ing around with the stupid hood for two months now. I want my shit fixed. Nothing like driving around your GOAT with a crappy hood and a broken headlight. The car looks like a damn beater. WTF....

Yeah. Many from DMS looked like a monkey welded them.

Black
    2004 GTO A4

Trust me, they WILL NOT return your call. E-mail is the only way....

Black
    2004 GTO A4

Here's a pic of the crack so you don't have to look for the thread Sarge....

Quote Originally Posted by surfinjoe View Post
    Sarge - Gravana has been in constant E-mail contact with me, however I am having trouble getting my cracked hood fixed. Take a look at my thread and let me know what you think. Can it be fixed? Two our of three shops are telling me that the crack WILL come back. The third is telling me that it will cost more than the hood is worth to fix it. Any help would be appreciated. I have been F-ing around with the stupid hood for two months now. I want my shit fixed. Nothing like driving around your GOAT with a crappy hood and a broken headlight. The car looks like a damn beater. WTF....
    Last edited by surfinjoe; 04-16-2010 at 10:39 AM.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Trust me, they WILL NOT return your call. E-mail is the only way....
    Yeah. Five weeks now and still no bumper. no tracking number or anything.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

I feel your pain. I have no front bumper. People have been asking me if I want to sell the car for parts.

Thread Information