Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting Screwed

Metallic Black
    '05 GT-HO

Thumbs down Getting Screwed - PIC in Profile

You know how it feels when you think you've been screwed, and then how much worse it feels when you KNOW you've been screwed. Sadly, 4 months after the purchase of my '05 GTO, I think I might have gotten FUCKED. My own damn fault though; should have looked deeper before my purchase. To make long story short, I now realize that a Sun Roof was not an option from the dealer; atleast I don't think. But mine has one. Needless to say, I'm a little fuckin worried now. I'm sure some of you know the repercussions of a shitty Sun Roof job. Anyway, I REALLY hate feeling like a WANKER, but I'm not afraid to admit when I've been one.
    My question is, does anyone have an opinion or advise on possibly trading it in for an '04. I know it's going back a year and to a weaker motor, but I know a guy who put a couple hundred bucks into his '04, mostly computer mods, and the damn things hangs with MINE! I've had my computer modded as well, and he STILL hung. My ass is still hurting so I'm going to get up and walk around a bit. Sorry for the long story; felt like being a pouty little BITCH.
    Last edited by BRH Motorsports; 01-16-2007 at 09:01 AM.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Been my experience if you have a car you don't love...get rid of it...get one that gives you wood. Screw the dollar considerations.....
    This is my signature. It is mine. Nobody else has one like it.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i always thought they needed one! I'd be pumped if i found a GTO with a sun roof, after market or not. I think you should contact the dealer, see if they can help you track down where the sun roof was installed.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

You never said if the roof was giveing you any problem..
    does it leek or anything...???

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

PLEASE............
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

If it looks like a quality job, and its not leaking, I really wouldn't worry about it.

Unless of course you're planning on making it into a drag car or something...

Brazen Orange
    2006 GTO

I wouldn't worry about it. Our Aussie brothers have sunroof options. I think it would of been a nice option here. They also, have the bluetooth as well. I wish we had more options.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

post up some pics, it cant be that bad

Impulse Blue Matallic
    2005 GTO

As has been said, if it is a quality job, then who cares? You will have something that is rare and the rest of us would all want if we could have one. It is not a bad thing if it is done correctly. I think you are too worried about it.

Impulse Blue
    2004 GTO

If you like, who cares? As stated above, sunroof was an option on the Monaro. So its not like it hasn't been done before.

Metallic Black
    '05 GT-HO

I know I might be exaggerating a bit. It's not leaking or looks like a botched up job, I just hope it was a professional job. I've seen the damage a shade-tree sunroof job can do, especially if it leaks; just bein a puss I guess. Aside that, I found out who did it, (Top King). What a cowinkydink; had the rear interior panels out changing the speakers this weekend and sure enough, there was a sticker on the inside of the panel. "This Vehicle was Altered by Top-King". Some sort of approval sticker of sorts. Going to check them out today when I get a chance. I've got a pic from my phone that's got an angle of the sunroof in it. Not the best though. I'll work on getting desent pics today, if it stops PISSING down rain.
    Last edited by BRH Motorsports; 01-16-2007 at 08:52 AM.

Yea I wouldn't worry about it. I always wanted one in mine when I had it, actually that is one of the only cars I owned without a sunroof & that was the only thing I hated, besides heated seats also!! But there is a company out there that makes the sunroof esp for the Holden cars which is the factory one for them, so would be identical in the GTO, but I can't think of the name, I belive it was going to cost around $1,300 to have one installed in mine
    2008 Lincoln MKZ - AWD
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT - Wifes car
    2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP - Sold
    2004 Pontiac GTO M6 - Sold

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

So is it only a "pop-up" syle......? Or does is retract into he head liner when it opens....?
    I hate those jap ones that go outside the top at a angle rather than retracting into the top.
    But eighther way it's better than not having one at all.
    Last edited by LS2Tuner; 01-16-2007 at 04:51 PM.

Metallic Black
    '05 GT-HO

I'm afraid it's the jap style. It retracts back, but above the roof. Which causes it to angle upward at about 25%. It looks a bit cheesy actually. Oh well, I'm not in a bitchy mood today; forgot to take my meds, so FUCK IT. I like my new car, I've been very happy with it. It's a comfortable, attention getting, bad ass ride every day. And it'll get me to work in fuckin hury if needed. And like jacob said, it's rare to have one with a sunroof. Anyway, I'm workin on getting descent pics. I'll get em posted when done.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

If I bought a GTO that would be one of the first things I'd do to it.

You Gotta be Kidding

Are you stupid or something? You bought a $30k car and didnt look at the sticker/option label? Dont go blaming the dealer because your a dumb ass!

Like said, if it is a quality job and it doesn't leak. Be glad (if you like them of course)

My parents had a 79 Dodge Magnum with T-tops. They were done outside the factory, although it was a factory option. Leaked like something fierce.

I think it looks good on the car.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot Performance View Post
    Like said, if it is a quality job and it doesn't leak. Be glad (if you like them of course)

My parents had a 79 Dodge Magnum with T-tops. They were done outside the factory, although it was a factory option. Leaked like something fierce.

I think it looks good on the car.
    Hey Gunnar! You old som bitch. When did your old Alabama ass show up? Glad your here man.....love them heads you hooked me up with on the 408 Stroker....now if I can just keep that balck bitch out of them electrical boxes I should be OK...

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Hey Gunnar! You old som bitch. When did your old Alabama ass show up? Glad your here man.....love them heads you hooked me up with on the 408 Stroker....now if I can just keep that balck bitch out of them electrical boxes I should be OK...
    Lol you must have me confused with someone else.

Names Eric here. I own a shop in IL called Patriot Performance Auto. Sorry if there is any mix up with the popular Patriot cylinder heads.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Oh shit...I thought you was Gunnar....oh well...welcome aboard man...

Thread Information