Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G8

doesn'tplaywellwithothers superchargedblackgto's Avatar

Black
    2004 GTO

G8

I am very seriously thinking of going to the dealership tomorrow and ordering one of these. What do you think?
    www.pontiac.com/g8/

down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

those look freaking amazing..what kind of engine do they come with?

Pewter
    2001 GrandPrix GTP

They have a detuned version of the LS2 basically. From what I've heard a good tune alone has the potential to up the power to 400 plus. I guess it's cause they're tune to run on 87 octane. I definately wouldn't mind having one

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

the trans am/goat is back... yes i know its not like them
    but its their only muscle car... gotta do what they can... i like it

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    the trans am/goat is back... yes i know its not like them
    but its their only muscle car... gotta do what they can... i like it
    Well, the camaro will be out soon, and the challenger will be 2, However neither are practical for me. I have 2 small children, I will of course be keeping the GOAT

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedblackgto View Post
    Well, the camaro will be out soon, and the challenger will be 2, However neither are practical for me. I have 2 small children, I will of course be keeping the GOAT
    i think you should just cruise the goat... other wise you will buy the g8 and start modding it... and dont even tell me you wont.. cuz i know you will

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

love it..looks like an M5 from the side......i bet a maggie will fit nicely on top of that beast too!!!! ...anyone know if it really IS a detuned LS2 OR just a 6.0 truck motor redone..i didnt think it was an ls2 ........definitly have my sites on one of those somday when i start a family......a used one with a maggie up top!!! 550 horses and take the kids to soccer..lol

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    love it..looks like an M5 from the side......i bet a maggie will fit nicely on top of that beast too!!!! ...anyone know if it really IS a detuned LS2 OR just a 6.0 truck motor redone..i didnt think it was an ls2 ........definitly have my sites on one of those somday when i start a family......a used one with a maggie up top!!! 550 horses and take the kids to soccer..lol
    It is an LS2, @ least that is what the article said I read about 6months ago about the G6...I think I will leave it in stock form though......and keep my car for the modding.

pewter

It is an LS2, @ least that is what the article said I read about 6months ago about the G6...I think I will leave it in stock form though......and keep my car for the modding.
    yeah maggies are sweet but expensive......ill definitly let some old man spend the money on modding one then ill pick it up in pristine condition used ..lol

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    yeah maggies are sweet but expensive......ill definitly let some old man spend the money on modding one then ill pick it up in pristine condition used ..lol
    Well, I'm not that "old", and I will put my car back to stock if I ever sell it, and, It I do Order the G8, I am fairly certain ALL my Mods are transferable to the ls2

pewter

Well, I'm not that "old", and I will put my car back to stock if I ever sell it, and, It I do Order the G8, I am fairly certain ALL my Mods are transferable to the ls2
    haha i wasnt picking on u!!!! thats how i found my car though...60 yr old man spent 23k at lpe...put 17k miles on it then i picked it up for 19k ...theres great deals to be had out there on modified cars used.

Black
    2004 Holden Monaro

Over here in Australia They come with a L96 6.0ltr engine. LS2's are only offered in Holdens HSV range. Hower you lucky bastards managed to get LS2's and twin pipes on your GTO (our monaro's) when we only got LS1 right till the end. So the G8 could have the LS2.
    Last edited by Grizzly; 01-07-2008 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Added more

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

I'd take one!

Black
    2004 GTO

After some research, It is the L76 Aus. 4th gen v8, using "better" technology in order to meet Euro, Emissions Req. Also "stealing" 40hp than the LS2. However, with HP tuners, I sure it can be tuned, and the on demand displacement turned off...IDK, For a family car, I'm IN!!!

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

I remember hearing it was going to be the L96 engine, but I could be wrong. I think I have an issue of GMHTP sitting around here somewhere with it in there.

Impulse Blue
    2004 GTO

Its an L76 making 362hp. Its tuned for 87 octane. A tune, CAI, and exhaust will net HUGE gains as seen in cars in Australia. 50rwhp(or better) will not be uncommon over here with those mods.

This car should be a hit. They will be hitting the US very shortly as the boat has already left Australia.
    Rob
    04 GTO
    96 WS6

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

i vote yes. i always loved the GTPs, then they came out with the gxp which was awesome, and now this? wow.

so wait, will this be as fast as the ls1 fbodies? im sure its much heavier, so am i still faster, or does that extra hp make up for the weight?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

black, white, gray... it looks sick in all those colors

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

Definately sweet. Its 3rd on my list of gotta have. New Camaro, ST ute truck (if it is actually comming here), then that. It is the L76 and it has the Same L98 heads as the LS3 or unported LS7 so it should be more mod happy than LS1's or 2's.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    i vote yes. i always loved the GTPs, then they came out with the gxp which was awesome, and now this? wow.

so wait, will this be as fast as the ls1 fbodies? im sure its much heavier, so am i still faster, or does that extra hp make up for the weight?
    the web site says it weighs under 3,900 lbs, so it's around 400 pounds heavier. 10 horse power moves 100 pounds, so it should be about the same I would think.

Thread Information