Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Features you may not know about

Now the Goats have cycled on to many 2nd owners lets share some of the "hidden" features with new GTO owners......
    Off the top of my head....in no particular order.....
    Press and hold the mode and set button simultaneously and then start the engine (or move the key to the run position ) you will bring up a display , through which you can scroll, that shows you battery voltage, brake voltage, engine temp, the digital tach.........

The front seatbelts, where they connect to the car up by your head, can move up and down! They're adjustable for drivers of different heights.

There's a little pocket on the outside edge of the rear seats that contains a seat belt harness strap, to pull the shoulder strap lower for kids.

There's a trunk release under the passenger's head rest in the back seat.

Under the passenger seat just beyond the floor mat, the carpet is cut all the way to the metal. Etched in the metal of the floor is your VIN.

The 04 GTO doesn't have the word Pontiac written anywhere on the car.

Add to it as you please fella's.....

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Now the Goats have cycled on to many 2nd owners lets share some of the "hidden" features with new GTO owners......
    Off the top of my head....in no particular order.....
    Press and hold the mode and set button simultaneously and then start the engine (or move the key to the run position ) you will bring up a display , through which you can scroll, that shows you battery voltage, brake voltage, engine temp, the digital tach.........

The front seatbelts, where they connect to the car up by your head, can move up and down! They're adjustable for drivers of different heights.

There's a little pocket on the outside edge of the rear seats that contains a seat belt harness strap, to pull the shoulder strap lower for kids.

There's a trunk release under the passenger's head rest in the back seat.

Under the passenger seat just beyond the floor mat, the carpet is cut all the way to the metal. Etched in the metal of the floor is your VIN.

The 04 GTO doesn't have the word Pontiac written anywhere on the car.

Add to it as you please fella's.....
    I dont know if alot of new owners would know this but it took me a while to find it,

The fuse box is right under the Steering Wheel, not on the side of the door way....

White
    2002 VY SS

Assuming the features offered in the aussie SS and Monaro was retained in the GTO, here are a few I found...

Customization mode: When the car is stationary, hold down the Mode button and turn the ignition from Off to On. An options menu will be displayed. Press Menu to navigate through.Use ^ and v buttons to change settings.

Features include:

Restore Factory Settings

Underspeed Chime (enable/disable the underspeed chime, separate to the overspeed chime)

Dist To Go/Arrival (enable/disable dist to to arrival, time to travel, remaining fuel.

Trip computer A & B
    (select either 1 or 2 trip time / trip dist / fuel used set of displays.

Stop Watch
    (enable/disable feature)

Radio display (enable/disable entertainment system display on the instrument panel)

Confirmation beeps (enable/disable audio system confirmation beeps)

Speed Dependant Volume (enable/disable/adjust level for audio volume depending on speed of vehicle. Volume can increase as vehicle's speed increases)

Audio distortion limiter (enable/disable)

Headlights Off Delay Time (adjust the time it takes for the headlights to go off after ignition is turned off and driver door opened, from 1 second to 180 seconds)

Headlights approach time (adjust time the headlights stay on when the car is unlocked via remote, that is if light switch is in the auto position)

Auto headlights sensitivity (adjust the sensitivity of the automatic headlights on feature, how dark it has to be for the headlights to come on)

Courtesty light timeout (adjust length of time the light stays on after unlocking car, opening/closing door)

Intermittent wiper speed (enable/disable road speed sensitive intermittant wiper function)

Two stage door unlock
    (enable/disable)

Auto lock in drive (Auto trans only) (enable/disable the automatic door locking in drive)

Door lock indication
    (enable/disable)

There might be more, but those come to mind...
    Last edited by Firebug; 01-08-2009 at 10:46 PM.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

nice,i always forget most of this stuff..one day I will play with some of these features.

To reset your oil life pump the gas pedal 5 times with the key in the on position, but the car not running.

Also, theres an amp in the trunk to adjust the gain of the system.

Nero
    2006 gto

The rubber piece in the back of the center glove box can come out and be used to cover the cupholders. Not THAT great, but when I heard it, it was news to me.

PBM
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by PatrizioD View Post
    The rubber piece in the back of the center glove box can come out and be used to cover the cupholders. Not THAT great, but when I heard it, it was news to me.
    Sweet!!! Thanks for mentioning this. That rubber piece was covering the cupholders when I bought the car and love it because that's where I put my ipod when it's plugged in. My problem was finding a place for it when I had a drink. I'd toss it over to the passenger seat or in the glovebox. Now it has a home when I need to use the cupholder.

Thread Information