Exterior parts websites?

Currently own a well modded 99 Grand Prix GTX and down the road looking to maybe pick up a GTO. I like them and like the power they put down and the fact that L92's are easy power, but I naturally found myself a bit more drawn to T/A WS6's. It's hard to put in GTO and expect parts sites to pop up for the new ones, so what do you guys go to for exterior parts?

Looking to see what I spot that really makes these cars pop, not anything like a spoiler or rice, but maybe the Aussie front end, or anything else like that.

hugger orange

search RA6, sweet widebody kit, for lots of aussie parts search for Holden Monero.
    lots of parts out there, they are just hidden good luck!

Yeah the RA6 I have looked at and drooled over, but I didn't see any kits out there, one is close, but diff grill design. Was looking at a bit on Monaro parts, but how many of those companys really ship to the US, and their sites are pretty hard to navigate, lots of them end up having nothing.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

http://jhp.com.au/
    This is one. There are more but I can't remember at the moment.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

eBay.com

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan12 View Post
    Yeah the RA6 I have looked at and drooled over, but I didn't see any kits out there, one is close, but diff grill design. Was looking at a bit on Monaro parts, but how many of those companys really ship to the US, and their sites are pretty hard to navigate, lots of them end up having nothing.
    www.w-tdesigns.com/

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    Thats a nice one, I like all of their products, I really like the grill inserts makes it resemble my current car a bit, part of the reason I'm looking to move to GTO's, very similar look, here's a pick of my car.

I really like that one of the aftermarket companys almost makes the same hood for the GTO's except it has some vents on the back side, only thing I didn't like about the hood is in front of the air dams theres a sharp angle, wish that was smooth

I really like the grill inserts, makes it resemble a GP some more, which is why I like the GTO look, theres a hood for the GTO that looks just like the one on my car, here is my current wheels.

Last edited by Kurgan12; 09-29-2009 at 05:10 AM.

Thanks for those links, found a ton of things that would make the GTO stand out a bit like I wanted it too, only thing that makes me sad is the Banshee hoods don't extend out the sides, I like that hood a lot as that is the one that looks almost dead on like hteo ne on my car, I like the lines that head forward makes it look like they line up with the front grill openings better. Also don't like the big flat spot at the openings before the air dams, wonder why that isn't smooth. Either way thats prob the hood I would go with.

Thanks for the links, you guys should sticky something like this, not as easy to find GTO exterior mods like it is for F-Bodys.

White
    2004 VY One Tonner LS1

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    search RA6, sweet widebody kit, for lots of aussie parts search for Holden Monero.
    lots of parts out there, they are just hidden good luck!
    Monaro not monero

Try HSV GTS coupe

HSV Clubsport R8

VZ Monaro

Any september 2002 - july 2006 holden VY-VZ commodore or HSV Y or Z series front ends will fit as long as you get the corosponding headlights as some are different shapes.

And depending on headlight shape, you'll need the guards to suit too.

Your GTO shares our GTS coupe / monaro lights with the round ends where the VY-VZ's and most HSV's Y and Z series have the sharp angle lights like the clubsport R8 above and your 2004 to 2006 chevrolet lumina SS

Do a whole heap of searching around on ebay.com.au or www.holmart.com.au and your bound to find a front end that not many have over there.

I hope thats not too much to take in. If you have any questions please ask and ill try to help as much as i can

If you want a front end that requires the sharp angled headlights then i suggest that you source guards and lights off the corosponding Lumina over your way as they will bolt directly on.
    Last edited by mjr_350; 10-13-2009 at 04:48 AM.

Thanks for those pictures. Kind of strange you guys have the HSV GTS and the VZ Monaro, whats their differences besides a bit of cosmetics? I really like the HSV more, the VZ dont look bad either though, very close to our GTO. Sadly though we dont have RWD Lumina's over here, Europe gets them and starting this year police will be able to buy the LS powered Luminas, but only police, kind of strange.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by mjr_350 View Post
    Monaro not monero

Try HSV GTS coupe
    Click for full size

HSV Clubsport R8
    Click for full size

VZ Monaro
    Click for full size

Any september 2002 - july 2006 holden VY-VZ commodore or HSV Y or Z series front ends will fit as long as you get the corosponding headlights as some are different shapes.

And depending on headlight shape, you'll need the guards to suit too.

Your GTO shares our GTS coupe / monaro lights with the round ends where the VY-VZ's and most HSV's Y and Z series have the sharp angle lights like the clubsport R8 above and your 2004 to 2006 chevrolet lumina SS

Do a whole heap of searching around on ebay.com.au or www.holmart.com.au and your bound to find a front end that not many have over there.

I hope thats not too much to take in. If you have any questions please ask and ill try to help as much as i can

If you want a front end that requires the sharp angled headlights then i suggest that you source guards and lights off the corosponding Lumina over your way as they will bolt directly on.
    I think its funny the way lots of you guys want the GTO look, and lots of us over her want the Holden look.......we should start a parts swap network so we can just trade parts

White
    2004 VY One Tonner LS1

Thanks for those pictures. Kind of strange you guys have the HSV GTS and the VZ Monaro, whats their differences besides a bit of cosmetics? I really like the HSV more, the VZ dont look bad either though, very close to our GTO. Sadly though we dont have RWD Lumina's over here, Europe gets them and starting this year police will be able to buy the LS powered Luminas, but only police, kind of strange.
    Oh i thought you had the lumina over there.
    Maybe im mistaking it with the exports to the middle east

HSV is Holden Special Vehicle.

Its the upper class of Holden but not really the same company if you get my drift.
    HSV take the base model and add their touch

The HSV GTS in the pic is the equivalent to the VY (aka Y series in HSV language) and the VZ monaro is just the coupe version of our commodore (non HSV)
    The big difference is the VY series II GTS come stock with 300kw Callaway-tuned C4B while the rest of the Y series HSV's came with around 260kw.
    There's way to many power ranges over the years to keep track of what had what power but HSV always kept the power figure above the standard V8 commodore.
    The standard Commodores with LS1's had 235kw-245kw between the Series I and II VY's

VY and VZ are basically the same in respects to the base car but have amongst other little additions, a few different panels e.g being the guard flutes which didn't come out in the VY's but everything can be swapped between the 2
    The later VZ's had the new 6L L76
    Last edited by mjr_350; 10-13-2009 at 05:07 PM.

RED
    2006 gto

check out this site http://www.bodykits.com/Flastic/Body..._DTMFB/619017/

Yeah seen that kit before, it looks pretty close to the widebody one GM made, problem is says Fiberglass. Front/Back bumpers made of fiberglass would just be a mistake to get at that price, one bump and you'll be spending a lot more money

White
    2004 VY One Tonner LS1

Yeah seen that kit before, it looks pretty close to the widebody one GM made, problem is says Fiberglass. Front/Back bumpers made of fiberglass would just be a mistake to get at that price, one bump and you'll be spending a lot more money
    I have a steet commodores mag over here that has a propper wide body mod done to a monaro. Done in sheet metal and looks great. No add on fiberglass bits but would cost a mint to do.

Ill scan a few pages tonight
    Last edited by mjr_350; 10-15-2009 at 06:22 PM.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by mjr_350 View Post
    I have a steet commodores mag over here that has a propper wide body mod done to a monaro. Done in sheet metal and looks great. No add on fiberglass bits but would cost a mint to do.

Ill scan a few pages tonight
    that's why I built my own sheet metal widebody kit.......i still need to cut my door skins off this winter and make smooth skins to get rid of the body lines

I dont think fiberglass fender flairs are a bad idea, numerous vehicles have plastic/fiberglass body panels. But bumpers made of fiberglass just isnt worth it. Heck I bought my GTX in April and idiots who cant parallel park have hit it 5 times on the front bumper since then. Luckily they have only removed paint, if it was fiberglass it would have been all cracked up or broken off. Of coarse all of them drove off, people are so nice :/

Thread Information