Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Black
    2004 GTO

engine coolant sensor!!!

Ok about 2 weeks ago I had an Issue with the Engine Coolant Sensor.. My car would turn off on its own, or feel like dying down.. Took it to Autozone and the code for a bad Engine Coolant sensor came out.. So it was replaced

car was doing fine for a week and half but now the same thing is happening..Car feels like it wants to turn off, sometimes when idle feels like wants to turn off.. and even cruising in the express way at 60 car feels like it struggles..kind off like a plug is out.. and just 2 days ago the "check Engine light" came on again..Im sure it was cause of the sensor..But after a while it turned off on its own..

Ok so question..

Could the headers be heating up the sensor to give it false readings those making car run sluggish..

or could it be a plug??

Again this only happens sometimes?? most of time the car runs good!!

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

You're running a tune, right?

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    You're running a tune, right?
    yes..i currently have a sd tune!!

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

Is the wiring damaged to the sensor?

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by zeetwentyeight View Post
    Is the wiring damaged to the sensor?
    nothing that i can tell but ill double check..Although it looks clean..like taped up good and everything but let me untape it and check it out..

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by pmolina0436 View Post
    nothing that i can tell but ill double check..Although it looks clean..like taped up good and everything but let me untape it and check it out..
    When was the last mod that you did and what was it?

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by zeetwentyeight View Post
    When was the last mod that you did and what was it?
    last time....man it was the tune i guess.. Which was over year.. havent had any mechanical problems with it for a while.. since this came along about 2 weeks ago.. I did have an electrical problem (something to do with a shortage) .and that was like couple months ago as well...

Black
    2004 GTO

ummmm..I just filled up with gas and car was running fine after i had some issues today with it fouling a little..I wonder if maybe i just added a little to much of that wonder mixture on sarge oil gas ratio post!!!..

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Well...whatever mix you just put in...keep doing it and let us know if your car is still giving you problems.

Black
    2004 GTO

Well...whatever mix you just put in...keep doing it and let us know if your car is still giving you problems.
    Well didnt put anything in this time..And same thing happen coming from work..I can feel it like it just like struggles to go..Again Ionly felt it a couple of times but it has never done that before..think it could be the plugs??

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Were the plugs ever changed? Check your wires as well. You might have a broken conductor in one of the wires but it's still attatched to both the coil and plug. Happened to me.

Black
    2004 GTO

Were the plugs ever changed? Check your wires as well. You might have a broken conductor in one of the wires but it's still attatched to both the coil and plug. Happened to me.
    Changed pluds yesterday as so far so good..No promblems yet..let see in a week to see if I dont feel anything..but The plugs really looked like they needed changing..they looked pretty burnt on the top..hope that was it. thanks..

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Keep us posted.

Black
    2004 GTO

Keep us posted.
    damn..I guess it wasnt the plugs..Today again did the same thing..When i would stop it turned off on me twice.. driving on express way it felt like it struggles sometimes..I have no trouble codes so i wonder what it can be...>????? wierd thing is that it comes and goews..Was fine all day yesterday and the day before..No this again ..anyone..any ideas..

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Is the battery good and hot? What about the key, you try the other one? Have you checked the fuel pressure, we don't have an inline filter and maybe the sock on the fuel pump is getting pluged when the fuel is moving around, or the fuel pump, hope not. Good luck, hope this helps! By the way what is your milage?

Black
    2004 GTO

ok...so I double checked the wiring to the sensor..and I see the bare wire showing..The heat from the header must of melted it down..But this has to be it..I mean I can clearly see the bare wire must be shorting or something??? ..Should have double checked this from the beginning..But thats my new project..I get it fixed 2marrow lets see how its goes..

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Check it out and tape it up or look for some stuff called, I think, Liquid Tape to put over the exposed wiring.

Black
    2004 GTO

Check it out and tape it up or look for some stuff called, I think, Liquid Tape to put over the exposed wiring.
    man you think some exposed wire will really cause problem..should i just replace whole wire or just tape it up

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by pmolina0436 View Post
    man you think some exposed wire will really cause problem..should i just replace whole wire or just tape it up
    Maybe, It sure sounds like the fuel pump may be having a problem. You might pull the fp relay and replace it, if that dosen't work check the fuel pressure. This is a weird one, maybe the sensor did heat up again and is trying to put you in limp mode, try a new sensor and a new wire and see if you can shield it from the heat. Good luck!

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Jack View Post
    Maybe, It sure sounds like the fuel pump may be having a problem. You might pull the fp relay and replace it, if that dosen't work check the fuel pressure. This is a weird one, maybe the sensor did heat up again and is trying to put you in limp mode, try a new sensor and a new wire and see if you can shield it from the heat. Good luck!
    Ok well I got a new pigtail harness and replaced it.. I did better shield the wiring from heat.. (i didnt change sensor just wiring)Hope this is it..so far I havent had issies but then again I just changed it This morning..So ill give it a couple of days to see if it really was that..

If by any chance it is the fuel pump..Wouldent it have given me a trouble code relating to the fuel pump?? and if it does end up being the fuel pump? is the fuel pump just replaced or what??

Thread Information