Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

Dual Pumps in tank???

First of all, is it possible to do two pumps in the stock tank??? Secondly, What would be invlolved,

and lastly, is it possible to run a walbro 255 in conjuction with the stocker??

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

GMHTP has had write ups of cars using dual Walbros in the tank. I dunno what exactly you have to do. I think the twin pumps take up the space of the factory single unit. Keeps the motor from leaning out/blowin up from fuel starvation. Pretty snazzy setup IMO. But I dunno if it would be wise to run a Walbro as a "helper" pump. Someone will add more info as this thread goes along.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Subscrbed....
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Why? I run a serious 408 Stroker.....have a Walboro 255 and never see under 60lbs of fuel pressure even at WOT.

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

y?

Well, I dont know why, lol. maybe just to do it, or was just curious if possible. Im converting to e85 with my turbo build and will be around 500whp. so i have no idea what the 255 is good for on the corn juice. and i was thinking more like the walbro is the main pump and the stocker would be the helper.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by JAX04 View Post
    y?

Well, I dont know why, lol. maybe just to do it, or was just curious if possible. Im converting to e85 with my turbo build and will be around 500whp. so i have no idea what the 255 is good for on the corn juice. and i was thinking more like the walbro is the main pump and the stocker would be the helper.
    If your main pump puts out more psi. than the stocker then the stocker is'nt going to help the new pump. More likely it would serve to choke the main pump off and one of the pumps prolly won't last long in a in-line comfig (if that's what you mean). Could be more trouble than it's worth. I'd just get a good single pump and go from there..

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

the thought was to "T" them together in the bucket. like how Fbodies do it. I could be way off base here, but if they were "t" together, their pressures would stack?

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

i think the single walbro would be more then enough for 500whp on the corn juice. But i like the added insurance. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

the thought was to "T" them together in the bucket. like how Fbodies do it. I could be way off base here, but if they were "t" together, their pressures would stack?
    I imagine they might if the 2 pumps produce equal pressure. I would surmise, that if one was producing less presure the other may serve to "stall" the weaker pump and cook it.. I'm sertainly no expert, but I have worked with many different makes of pumps (usually not automotive) hydro statics ect.ect.

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

i agree, i work in the feild of geothermal, i deal with system design based on flow and feet of head all day long. but i do it in a closed circuit where the water is returning to be pumped again. So not only do the pumps have to achieve a certain GPM, but they have to do it at a certain ft/hd. but this is different to me since the pumps will be pulling from an open source without pressure.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

y?

I am over 600 with one.

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I am over 600 with one.
    interesting, isnt true that FI is harder on teh fuel system?? Im just going off of what ive read other places.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

you should talk to qwkgto on here.....he either does or has ran twins in the tank I believe.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I am over 600 with one.
    thats because you have a na car ,around 700 na it would be maxed out,need two on a FI car because the boost ref regulator increases fuel pressure as boost increases. one pump runs all the time second only kicks in duing boost.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

interesting, isnt true that FI is harder on teh fuel system?? Im just going off of what ive read other places.
    yes and its easier to heat the fuel up,I have experimented with all kinds of setups,and found the best way to do this in a FI car,I had the twin intank 255s they did alright up too around 850 rwh after that I was having problems,I now run a stock intake pump and a Weldon 95 psi pump as a secondary, and a sumped tank I built..also going to add a MSD boost a pump to the second pump this makes it have 23 volts under full boost,saves a guy from going exoctic on the injectors. I have for example ,80 lb injectors last year my car was saying that the injector duty cycle was 125-135 no way that was right,with those INJ. should be good for 1350 HP. so the boost a pump should do the trick, MSD has the new adjustable Boost pump.IT uses a laptop,ill let you know how it works out soon as this damn snow is gone here in OHIO.
    I have a twin 255 setup in a bucket all wired and ready,im sure with the boost a pump it will work just as well,ill make u a deal if your interested.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

i think the single walbro would be more then enough for 500whp on the corn juice. But i like the added insurance. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
    If you are running alcohol one is NOT enough takes more to do the same HP on alky,if you running gas its fine,its about volume not so much pressure.pressure comes into play when you have a boost reference regulator,then you need both.

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

thanks quick

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

here is a shot of my setup from the trunk

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I do not know why you dont just put a Kenne Bell BaP on there and call it a day....mine has performed excellent for over 4 years now....

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

I am putting one on as well,MSD boost a pump that way I wont run out of fuel with those 80lbers.

Thread Information