Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drag bags

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Drag bags

Ordered my drag bags yesterday did the search and got some good info, but it looks like you have to drill a hole in the bottom after you cut the rubber off for the air connection and the top rubber has to be sawed off------do you all think the spring, should come out--------------- what is the best way you think it should be done. Thanks, Jack

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

No takers?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I've installed two sets for a couple of Goats down here.....I can tell you to not forget to take it out of gear/park and release the parking brake to release the control arms
    I used a die grinder on the bump stops and ran the air line to the gas tank filler...pretty straight forward...did not remove any of the springs....I have Pedders drag springs and Konis...no air bags....

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Thanks' Sarge, Sorry it took so long to get back, had some puter problems today amd thanks for the tips every little bit helps.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Jack View Post
    Ordered my drag bags yesterday did the search and got some good info, but it looks like you have to drill a hole in the bottom after you cut the rubber off for the air connection and the top rubber has to be sawed off------do you all think the spring, should come out--------------- what is the best way you think it should be done. Thanks, Jack
    I have put several of these in GTOs they are simple to install ,hole is already in there I beleive ,I have a lift in garage so easy for me to install them,use sawsaw to cut bottom stoppper off,put line on the bags before installing them in springs.
    mods: custom built twins, built 408 w/l92 stock GM heads,GM matching intake,drag bags,frame ties,aluminum drive shaft, performabuilt 4l80e,Yank converter,ohios fastest and quickest 04-06 GTO 9.52 at 144mph. 1.50 60ft on stock rear end and shafts/suspension,on drag radials.

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Thanks' buddy, so the hole is in the botton after you cut the botton rubber off?

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Thanks' buddy, so the hole is in the botton after you cut the botton rubber off?
    yes there is a hole , already in there I can send you a pic if you need one.

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

That would be too cool, thanks for the answers!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Texas Jack; 12-15-2008 at 03:23 PM.

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

HEY GWKGTO did you happen to find that picture? Thanks, Jack BTW my bags come in tomorrow can't wait tired of the hop!!!!!!! Also do you have any pics of your custom built twin turbo?
    Last edited by Texas Jack; 12-16-2008 at 05:24 PM.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

HEY GWKGTO did you happen to find that picture? Thanks, Jack BTW my bags come in tomorrow can't wait tired of the hop!!!!!!! Also do you have any pics of your custom built twin turbo?
    heres one of back of car,I looked thought I had a few of the drag bags setup will need to take a few more its pretty straight forward install.

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    thanks im selling it going to built motor an bigger turbos,I will try and get you some drag bag pics today.

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Thank's, Just got them in, looking at the instructions the pics suck. I will start on them tomorrow, if you can thank's. Like you need more power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

lol more power,never can have enough 10s are like a sunday ride in the park i want to see some 150mph passes..then ill be happy for a few day at least..lol.heres ur pics leave the top snubber on,the bottom has a hole in it i beleive already..

here is one of the air line fitting I ran both of mine to the bumper valance suport.

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Your right, I wish mine was about 800, the pics help I have the modding bug so I am working on them tonight!!!!!!!!!!! Thank's again

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Your right, I wish mine was about 800, the pics help I have the modding bug so I am working on them tonight!!!!!!!!!!! Thank's again
    I was in garage taking things apart,ill sell you my turbo kit..the drag bags are an easy install ..pm me if you need help.

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Just about done with the bags, turbos are out of the question this time of year. MC, Jack

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Finished up the bags, very easy install all went well. Cleaned everything up and chilled the rest of the evening. This morning the roads were wet so wated till about noon to try then out ,put a pump and battery pack in the back them hooked up by the T { not sure where they will go so was temporary}. So the test begins, Tryed every thing from 5# to 30# still wheel hop, so split them amd tried all the pressures fron 5# to 30# both ways still wheel hop Anyone have a clue? Thanks, Jack

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Finished up the bags, very easy install all went well. Cleaned everything up and chilled the rest of the evening. This morning the roads were wet so wated till about noon to try then out ,put a pump and battery pack in the back them hooked up by the T { not sure where they will go so was temporary}. So the test begins, Tryed every thing from 5# to 30# still wheel hop, so split them amd tried all the pressures fron 5# to 30# both ways still wheel hop Anyone have a clue? Thanks, Jack
    do you have stock drive shaft?what tires are you using? is your car a stick?all are factors,i run 10 psi in mine when t-eed when they are individual i use 10psi in passenger side ,drivers side 7psi.is it cold where your at?

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

DS is stock, tires BFG g-force sport 245/45 zr17 10,000 miles, stick, and it was about 67 today, so what do think may be causing the problem?

Thread Information