Impulse Blue
    2006 GTO

Diablo Predator..??

I was thinking a bout buying a diablo predator tuner for my STOCK 2006 M6 GTO. Just lookin to hear some opinons on this...Anyone have one or know about them? Are they worth it? I found on on ebay for about $300 shipped by the way.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

EEeeehhhhhh....I really recommend a dyno tune by a reputable tuner. So much more for the same amount of money. No comparison.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by tyxpx View Post
    I was thinking a bout buying a diablo predator tuner for my STOCK 2006 M6 GTO. Just lookin to hear some opinons on this...Anyone have one or know about them? Are they worth it? I found on on ebay for about $300 shipped by the way.
    For the money depending on where you live and what kind of hook ups you got they are good.
    I agree with Sarge but I also know that many people aren't getting a tune for under $500.

The biggest draw back of the Predator is they haven't came out with the update to get into the trans. ecu to change gear ratio.
    Other than that you'll notice a big difference. It will be one of the biggest seat in the pants gains you'll ever get for $300.

Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Quicksilver Metallic
    2006 GTO

Yeah its definately worth it if you have a A4. The TM sucks ass, when you take it off with the predator you can definately tell. Predator has its advantages , like if you take it in for warranty work , just put the stock tune back on , instead of having to have the tuner shop take it off and charge you more money , then put it back on

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by 24HMS48 View Post
    Yeah its definately worth it if you have a A4. The TM sucks ass, when you take it off with the predator you can definately tell. Predator has its advantages , like if you take it in for warranty work , just put the stock tune back on , instead of having to have the tuner shop take it off and charge you more money , then put it back on
    Yes your right that is another advantage. Didn't even think on that note most of ours are so moded now I gave up on the warr. with anything to do with the drivetrain.
    And for the old farts when he refers to TM he's talking about thr torque management system.
    If you think you felt a difference there take the BULLSHIT 2 piece driveshaft out thats mounted with rubber on both yokes!!!!

Impulse Blue
    2006 GTO

I know it can't compare to a true tune but I am concerned about the warranty, that is why I was considering the predator. Is there any way they will be able to tell the pcm was messed with if I return it back to stock settings? And thanks for your replies, your info is appreciated.

Keep in mind I have no idea on where to start with tuning myself so I would only be using the tunes that the predator comes with.
    Last edited by tyxpx; 01-14-2007 at 11:17 PM.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

NO Once you re flash the stock tune thats all they see. Not that you have been pulling timing with the Predator making bottle passes for weeks.

Black
    2006 Corvette

I have one if ou are inerested.

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39378

Patrick

Impulse Blue
    2006 GTO

How important is it to make sure it is updated? Will it still work correctly or cause any harm if it's not updated?

Black
    2006 Corvette

I would say it is very important if you have a 2006 per Diablo web site.

"NOTE: Do not use rev 7r93 or 7r95 on ANY 2006 vehicle as it may damage your PCM"

http://www.diablosport.com/index.php...display&pid=63

Patrick

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by tyxpx View Post
    How important is it to make sure it is updated? Will it still work correctly or cause any harm if it's not updated?
    As long as you have the right part # programmer for your app. the update is NOT crucial....... All the updates usually are is a couple added features of mods or they change a couple of perameters to gain more power.
    NO harm done if you don't have the update.............Just not getting the most bang for your buck.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

I Have A New In The Box U-7191 If Anyones Interested I'll Take $300 For It Plus Shipping. I'll Post The Version # Later.

Black
    2006 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    As long as you have the right part # programmer for your app. the update is NOT crucial....... All the updates usually are is a couple added features of mods or they change a couple of perameters to gain more power.
    NO harm done if you don't have the update.............Just not getting the most bang for your buck.
    An early U7191 may have a version that could harm your 2006 if not updated. This is per the Diablo web site for the U7191. The U7191 is the right Tuner for a 2005 and 2006 GTO.

I have updated this U7191 to v.8r06 which is the latest and greatest version.

I am asking $250 plus shipping for the U7191 and an optional $25 plus shipping for power and data cable.

Patrick

Thread Information