Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

98 Formula
    06 duramax

catfish ass beating....

went to buckeye lake here Monday with a buddy of mine and kicked some catfish ass. We just kept enough for the 2 of us ( 18) and threw back 20-30 others. We caught 40-50 fish in 5 hours. Most were 2.5-3lbs.....perfect eating size. I did have a really nice one break my line. I got him close enough to the boat to see that he was probably between 7 and 10lbs. My line had a burr in it and it broke at the burr. I had 20lb test on there so I should've been able to just haul him in.
    Pics of the 18 we kept.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

You must have a big family. You going to fry, sautee, boil, bake, stirfry, bbq, smoke em?

pewter metalic
    2000/WS6/TA

you goin to the market with that???

98 Formula
    06 duramax

we split those. He had 2 saugeye mixed in there so I gave him those and kept 8 for me. We're a family of 4 so that'll give us 2-3 dinners out of it. I really try not to overfish and normally only keep fish a couple times a year. I probably won't keep anymore until all of these are gone. I'm going flathead fishing on the Ohio river Saturday with another buddy of mine in his boat. I may keep 1 or 2 of those if we get into them but I doubt it.
    I typically soak them in buttermilk overnight and then do a corn meal mixture and deep fry them but I've really been wanting to try smoking some and seeing how they come out so a few may end up in the smoker this time.

Pewter
    2000 Z28

It's funny, I saw the title of this thread and thought I was about to read about a severe street beating of a camaro, lol. See avatar subtext.
    Last edited by buswwa; 05-14-2009 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Im still asleep and didnt notice you dont have a camaro.
    FOR SALE 2000 Z28 M6
    It's pretty much Raw Awesome

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    we split those. He had 2 saugeye mixed in there so I gave him those and kept 8 for me. We're a family of 4 so that'll give us 2-3 dinners out of it. I really try not to overfish and normally only keep fish a couple times a year. I probably won't keep anymore until all of these are gone. I'm going flathead fishing on the Ohio river Saturday with another buddy of mine in his boat. I may keep 1 or 2 of those if we get into them but I doubt it.
    I typically soak them in buttermilk overnight and then do a corn meal mixture and deep fry them but I've really been wanting to try smoking some and seeing how they come out so a few may end up in the smoker this time.
    I better get invited up yummie catfish,one of the best to eat IMO,love the skin when its crispy...<<<<note to self should have went with orion to Buckeye..lol
    take it you got motor fixed?
    mods: custom built twins, built 408 w/l92 stock GM heads,GM matching intake,drag bags,frame ties,aluminum drive shaft, performabuilt 4l80e,Yank converter,ohios fastest and quickest 04-06 GTO 9.52 at 144mph. 1.50 60ft on stock rear end and shafts/suspension,on drag radials.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Gotta go CAJUN. A lil spice goes well with catfish.

DAMMIT...I just had lunch and I'm HUNGRY again.

extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by qwkgto View Post
    I better get invited up yummie catfish,one of the best to eat IMO,love the skin when its crispy...<<<<note to self should have went with orion to Buckeye..lol
    take it you got motor fixed?
    na, I went with a buddy of mine in his boat. I'm still chasing a no spark condition on mine or I definitely would've called you. Same goes for this Saturday. I'm not going in my boat or I'd invite you along. I'll get mine running eventually. I jumped the starter today and ruled out everything from the key to the engine so it's definitely something engine related as to why I'm not getting spark. I have a new coil ordered that should be here next week. I'm hoping that's what it is because things get expensive after the coil. The powerpack is $130.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Poor little cat fishies.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Poor little cat fishies.
    yeah....that's what I was saying. They'll go just fine with a nice big plate of hush puppies.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

What were you using for bait?

I love to buy chicken gizzards. Leave them in the hot sun for a few days to rot........them fishes love 'em!!!

Great catches!! That is a ton of fish for a short period of time! Might have to go to Ohio to pick on some of those hot spots haha!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by 6.0LiterImportEater View Post
    What were you using for bait?

I love to buy chicken gizzards. Leave them in the hot sun for a few days to rot........them fishes love 'em!!!

Great catches!! That is a ton of fish for a short period of time! Might have to go to Ohio to pick on some of those hot spots haha!
    we were catching them on night crawlers and bass minnows on bottom and under a floater in about 4 ft of water. They seemed to hit the minnows a little better than the night crawlers but they were basically just feeding so they were hitting both.

Silver
    06 Pontiac GTO

catfish

Looks like a great day on the lake.Have you ever tryed the Muskingum River for catfish?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by SilverGTO View Post
    Looks like a great day on the lake.Have you ever tryed the Muskingum River for catfish?
    nope, never been out there. A guy I used to work with fished it a lot though for flathead and had quite a bit of success. I normally go down to the Ohio River for flathead. I'd like to try the muskingum one of these days though.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I gotta try fishing someday. People I work with tell me it's pretty relaxing. Hopefully I don't get seasick.

Nero
    2006 gto

http://www.peta.org/sea_kittens/

And that's all she wrote.
    Anyone without a gun and a knife and a handkerchief and a chapstick get the F%$# out of here!

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by PatrizioD View Post

I sometimes wonder what would happen if these PETA folks had a car and they found out they had leather interior. Would they go into Oedipus mode and gouge out their eyeballs?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by PatrizioD View Post

they can call it whatever they want..... I call it dinner.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    nope, never been out there. A guy I used to work with fished it a lot though for flathead and had quite a bit of success. I normally go down to the Ohio River for flathead. I'd like to try the muskingum one of these days though.
    yea its alot closer and I know this guy who dont live far from it and knows this area pretty well..lol

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

We always soak them in ice cold water in the fridge with a fuckton of salt then cornmeal and deepfry.

Would like to try smoked and grilled as well.

Stock pond is pretty muddy from all the rain..

Thread Information