Thread: CAm/..

Black
    2004 GTO

CAm/..

Which cam should I go for????

HR 288 236/242 .580/.590

or

HR 284 220/224 .570/.580

.........Im upradeing my springs to a .600 max lift...Which do you all think would give me the better HP!!

CAI, LT, Diablo Tune, Mangaflow exhaust, Delete cats..<---my current mods!!

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

You kids and your cams.
    You have to match your cam to your heads/intake/tunes and what it is your wanting your ride characteristics to be. Us A4 guys even have to be careful and match all the above with our stall/shift points.
    But if all you want is which cam will give you the most high rpm RWHP that would be cam #1. Dont know what that does for you frankly....give me low end torque and I'll kick a high end RPM RWHP cars ass.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

those are 2 pretty different cams......do you want good low end or top end? How high do you plan on spinning the motor? Is the car a daily driver? I would personally lean towards #2 for most people but if you're gonna spin the motor up and don't mind giving up some low end and street manners then go for #1.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

It all depends on what you're planning on doing next. Heads? FI?

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    You kids and your cams.
    You have to match your cam to your heads/intake/tunes and what it is your wanting your ride characteristics to be. Us A4 guys even have to be careful and match all the above with our stall/shift points.
    But if all you want is which cam will give you the most high rpm RWHP that would be cam #1. Dont know what that does for you frankly....give me low end torque and I'll kick a high end RPM RWHP cars ass.

Yea i probly would buy it all as a packagge and match each one to one another..But im just taking one step at a time..IAnd right now i only have enough for a cam and springs...maybe later ill add something else..

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    those are 2 pretty different cams......do you want good low end or top end? How high do you plan on spinning the motor? Is the car a daily driver? I would personally lean towards #2 for most people but if you're gonna spin the motor up and don't mind giving up some low end and street manners then go for #1.
    yea this will be a dailey driver..Im not planning to add much..I want to get maybe get about 400-475 HP on it..so yea ill probly go for #2...I dont think im going to do any more upgrades for a while...Now im thinking...Should i even get a cam...Or just have it laying in the closet till i buy heads and intake..?? since im just a kid...

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by GTO1_OHIO View Post
    It all depends on what you're planning on doing next. Heads? FI?
    most likely a stall will be next...but its still going to be a while before mu next upgrade..

98 Formula
    06 duramax

are you an m6 or a4?

Black
    2004 GTO

are you an m6 or a4?
    a4 bro

98 Formula
    06 duramax

that's easy then.....stall first

Black
    2004 GTO

that's easy then.....stall first

so your saying no cam then..

98 Formula
    06 duramax

you can't do the #1 cam without a stall and I would strongly recommend it for #2. A stall alone with gain you ~ .5 in the quarter so it's an excellent mod to have. Best bang for the buck you can do on an a4 car.

Black
    2004 GTO

you can't do the #1 cam without a stall and I would strongly recommend it for #2. A stall alone with gain you ~ .5 in the quarter so it's an excellent mod to have. Best bang for the buck you can do on an a4 car.
    so should i hold off until i get a stall...Got the cam and springs already..

98 Formula
    06 duramax

what you have both cams there or you ran out and bought one today? I would personally hold off until you had a stall in there.

Black
    2004 GTO

what you have both cams there or you ran out and bought one today? I would personally hold off until you had a stall in there.
    Well the Cam has been paid for..I paid it at a local shop and he ordered it but he gave me a choice of either one..So Its been paid for but i still havent choosen which one to get..he has both..

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by pmolina0436 View Post
    Well the Cam has been paid for..I paid it at a local shop and he ordered it but he gave me a choice of either one..So Its been paid for but i still havent choosen which one to get..he has both..
    personally,do cam #2 and a stall ,stay with the TQ. numbers, dyno queens have had their ass handed to them again and again,beside autos dont put the best numbers down on the dyno,but they put them down at the track.I have a good stall for sale..lol do it all at once,you going to need a tune after either is done why not just do it once.
    mods: custom built twins, built 408 w/l92 stock GM heads,GM matching intake,drag bags,frame ties,aluminum drive shaft, performabuilt 4l80e,Yank converter,ohios fastest and quickest 04-06 GTO 9.52 at 144mph. 1.50 60ft on stock rear end and shafts/suspension,on drag radials.

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by qwkgto View Post
    personally,do cam #2 and a stall ,stay with the TQ. numbers, dyno queens have had their ass handed to them again and again,beside autos dont put the best numbers down on the dyno,but they put them down at the track.I have a good stall for sale..lol do it all at once,you going to need a tune after either is done why not just do it once.
    ummm..what are the stall specs...and price..and think about this while you give me the price..Im only 21...Full time college student..Part time job...and live by myself..I have many payments..and not much money extra...

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by pmolina0436 View Post
    ummm..what are the stall specs...and price..and think about this while you give me the price..Im only 21...Full time college student..Part time job...and live by myself..I have many payments..and not much money extra...
    got my 3,000 rpm stall off of ebay (slightly used) for $140 shipped to my door

id put the cam on the shelf and put it in after the stall and springs.

if it makes you feel any better, i had to do mine in steps too, mortgage, wifey, son, step daughter, car payment, and child support and lots of other bills every month so i feel your pian

Thread Information