Thread: buying an 06

buying an 06

Ok... I am buying my first gto or i am in the market for one... i found one that was blk/blk 06 m6... 21k miles for 24k... is the price bad? if so does anyone know of any that are cheaper with less miles? i really dont know what i am getting into i have been a mustang guy my whole like with the exception of have a 00z28.... here are my ?s are the 6.0s forged? how much hp does a stock long block hold.. like how much hp can i safely make on the motor with out removing the heads? or tearing into the bottom end? how much hp is the tranny good for, the rear end too? is the ls1 a better motor? basically i know someone on here can give me the whole scoop on one of these... all i want is blk interior m6 low miles.... any info can help

doesn'tplaywellwithothers superchargedblackgto's Avatar

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by allstockracer View Post
    Ok... I am buying my first gto or i am in the market for one... i found one that was blk/blk 06 m6... 21k miles for 24k... is the price bad? if so does anyone know of any that are cheaper with less miles? i really dont know what i am getting into i have been a mustang guy my whole like with the exception of have a 00z28.... here are my ?s are the 6.0s forged? how much hp does a stock long block hold.. like how much hp can i safely make on the motor with out removing the heads? or tearing into the bottom end? how much hp is the tranny good for, the rear end too? is the ls1 a better motor? basically i know someone on here can give me the whole scoop on one of these... all i want is blk interior m6 low miles.... any info can help
    O.K. the bottom end, crank can handle about 800hp...however if supercharged ,you'll have to key the crank, turbo,or s/c you can only run 7-10lbs of boost. due to the comp. ratio. they are not forged internals.
    I make about 515 @ the crank, in an LS1, or 447 rwhp. with stock internals, that car an LS2 should make about 500rwhp without forging....but it's an M6 so there are other issues you have to address, like 2piece drive shaft......here look @ my mods and look @ some of my other threads in here...LOL
    Hope it helps,
    Brad
    '04 gto M6 slp ceramic coated headers,B&m sport shifter,harrop cover,3.5"aluminum BMR driveshaft, BMR axle stubs, BMR Half shafts, BMR SFC's, loudmouth2 exaust,90mm FAST T/B,Magancharger(high helix upgrade)......other misc. suspension,Cross drilled, slotted rotors. Meth Kit, spraying @ 3psi and up

Ok what about the price?

QUICKMFNSILVER
    2004 GTO

everything is going to be around that you might be able to find around 22 maybe talk him down i bought my 04 in 05 for 22 with 11k

04 GTO QuickSilver
    95 MarkVIII wifey white

You can't find an 06 that cheap near me in De. Not off of a lot anyways.
    I say $24k for an 06 w/ 21k miles is a good deal bro.
    04/A4 Quicksilver
    Magnflow catback-Resonator delete
    K&N drop in
    SAP front Grills and 05 hood
    Limo tinted windows-Gets me pulled over alot
    Diablosport Predator (RWTD) tune.

well you guys... so how streetable is the 6.0.. gas milage alright? so what do you do to beef the drive shafts up a lil?

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by allstockracer View Post
    well you guys... so how streetable is the 6.0.. gas milage alright? so what do you do to beef the drive shafts up a lil?
    Replace it with a 3.5" alluminum one. BMR makes one(the most expensive) I might add, Empire makes one, there are a few others, or have a local drive shaft shop make one......but you don't have to do any of that yet.....get the car let the warranty cover everything.....thats what I did, as a matter of fact its having warrenty work done now. Not on motor or drive train(void after my mods)......there you go

how do i get warranty to fix it? and what are ythe common problems that i am going to have with it? is exhaust covered? or will it woid my warranty iff i get some long tubes and cat back

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

Quote Originally Posted by GOT1GOAT View Post
    You can't find an 06 that cheap near me in De. Not off of a lot anyways.
    I say $24k for an 06 w/ 21k miles is a good deal bro.
    buy a new one like i did they have 0% intrest for 5 years!!
    Click for full size

black, and black
    04 M6

driveshaft

supergharged blk gto how did u get warrenty to cover the drive shaft???

yeah i dont think i qualify for 0% would be nice if i did but i dont...

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by kyemt View Post
    supergharged blk gto how did u get warrenty to cover the drive shaft???
    Mine was in thew shop a couple days ago for interior work (got new back seats)not the drive-shaft. They replaced my rear-end a while back under warranty, before I supercharged it, but I know the Service manager, and Owner for that matter, If something was wrong with it they would still cover it. However, I wouldn't have them do anything, If the motor blows I'll be forged, and the drive train is already almost bullet proof.

black, and black
    04 M6

drive shaft

i know the owner service manager and the owners son, they tell me they can replace it but only with a gm factory one. is there a loop hole or anything i can use

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by kyemt View Post
    i know the owner service manager and the owners son, they tell me they can replace it but only with a gm factory one. is there a loop hole or anything i can use
    Do it your self or take it to a garage around you, It's not too tough. how long you got on warranty left?

black, and black
    04 M6

warrenty

got till december, not many shops around here only 1 and i dont know if i trust them or not

Thread Information