Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Looking for my next LSX 6-Speeder's Avatar

PBM
    2004 GTO M6 PBM

Angry Broken into, whats to expect window replacement $$

So yeah got a great start to my Friday going to my car to discover my window all smashed in and my GPS stolen out of the center console. (yeah fking dumb of me to leave it in the car period) but they probably saw the dash holder for it and a wire and thought it must be a good idea. So they took a fist sized rock (left in the passenger seat) and smashed it in. Not so much angry just pissed this is how the week has to end (work things).

Anyway whats it probably gonna cost to get my window replaced there's no damage other than the glass. Insurance prob wont cover as my family has a 500 or 1000 deductible so said my dad. Thanks... and if its posted in the wrong spot then i apologize

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Dunno on that. Call up some auto glass shops for estimates. Some will send techs to replace the broken glass. From now on, take the GPS and the holder and put them in the trunk.

PBM
    2004 GTO M6 PBM

Well yeah im doing that tomorrow, i was just curious if anyone happened to know on average so id have a idea. But in my searching it came up around 200+ it seems. Now i gotta look at tint so all the windows match again too.

Anyone else?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

call your insurance company...that should probably be covered under comprehensive and your deductible should be much lower. I think mine is $50 or something like that.

Don't get down on yourself for leaving it in there. I don't think you were "dumb" leaving it in there. No one expects some low life to take advantage of them. Don't look at yourself as being dumb then but you're just smarter now. Sorry to hear about your misfortune and good luck on a cheap fix.

PBM
    2004 GTO M6 PBM

So after calling a few places i got one price that just horrified the woman on the other end: $682.98 for a effing window!

So i go to GM parts direct and see that low and behold she was pretty damn accurate. LEFT window is 668.04 (but only 404 if i buy from them...)
    Then the right window is for some reason DIFFERENT?? $494? But 303 from then... so yeah im feeling really screwed on this and of course right after payday.

Ideas on where to get it cheaper?

hugger orange

when mine was broken into I picked up a salvage window for $140.
    sorry to hear I'm not the only one

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

I feel your pain brother. Someone threw a rock at my car about a month ago. At least they missed my window, dumb fucks couldnt even break into it right... They did do 600$ worth of damage to my roof and the plastic panel behind the window though.

Try any local salvage yard, you should be able to find one relatively cheap. That is, if you know how to get it out. I dont know how hard it is... You could also check Ebay... But that is a long shot. Good luck man, and Fuck Thieves.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    I feel your pain brother. Someone threw a rock at my car about a month ago. At least they missed my window, dumb fucks couldnt even break into it right... They did do 600$ worth of damage to my roof and the plastic panel behind the window though.

Try any local salvage yard, you should be able to find one relatively cheap. That is, if you know how to get it out. I dont know how hard it is... You could also check Ebay... But that is a long shot. Good luck man, and Fuck Thieves.

AMEN. I see anyone come onto my property to fk with mine or my father's car, off the the trauma ward they go. Baseball bat, Drano, or scalding hot water to make them cry for death after I am done with them.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    [/B]

AMEN. I see anyone come onto my property to fk with mine or my father's car, off the the trauma ward they go. Baseball bat, Drano, or scalding hot water to make them cry for death after I am done with them.
    The sad thing is I heard the crash, but by the time I got outside Those cowardly motherfuckers had jumped over the fence and run off. Good for them because I came outside with Mr Ruger...

Black
    2004 Monaro

Sorry to hear about the break in. I hate thieves - I'm sure there is a special place reserved for them in the afterlife (driving a Prius maybe).
    Looks like your handbrake needs adjusting as well....

PBM
    2004 GTO M6 PBM

Apparently this is a very hard part to find, ridiculous, none of the glass places called me back yet. I called two today one i had reached before and a new one, and the one i had reached basically said they'd call back when the guy i talked to got off the phone... the other place said they'd call back as well. Both closed by the time i had waited long enough.

So i tried looking for junkyards in the area (one in MD prob has my T\a, still angry about that BS as well) Anyone in the MD,DC, Va area know of any junk yards i call call around to?

Whats up w\ my handbrake?? lol

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

it was probably a shine....in Toledo there was a little fucker walking around my friends neighborhood with a pen and paper looking into peoples cars...i lived in the apartment complex behind them and we have 24 hour security which was nice, good thing too.

Pewter
    02 WS6

Buy one from someone on here that's parting out a T/A or Camaro there the same thing.
    Good luck.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by sstg View Post
    Buy one from someone on here that's parting out a T/A or Camaro there the same thing.
    Good luck.
    they are not the same window.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

junk yard?

nvm i see u looked
    Last edited by Maro SS; 06-15-2009 at 10:21 PM. Reason: actually read other posts

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by 6-Speeder View Post
    Apparently this is a very hard part to find, ridiculous, none of the glass places called me back yet. I called two today one i had reached before and a new one, and the one i had reached basically said they'd call back when the guy i talked to got off the phone... the other place said they'd call back as well. Both closed by the time i had waited long enough.

So i tried looking for junkyards in the area (one in MD prob has my T\a, still angry about that BS as well) Anyone in the MD,DC, Va area know of any junk yards i call call around to?

try Beltsville auto, or if not there I got mine from Triple Nickel here in Chambersburg PA.....they odered it from Indiana......if you get it from up here you'll have to let me know when your coming up so we can grab a beer.....hell I did mine so I could even out the new on in for you

PBM
    2004 GTO M6 PBM

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    try Beltsville auto, or if not there I got mine from Triple Nickel here in Chambersburg PA.....they odered it from Indiana......if you get it from up here you'll have to let me know when your coming up so we can grab a beer.....hell I did mine so I could even out the new on in for you
    That sounds awesome... just gotta find the damn thing ha. So far out of about 10+ places i called, one i talked to today said 800 total... ridiculous. But im still searching. Thanks a bunch ill let you know. I got no freedom till the weekend though.

Checked beltsville, he said he has nothing and knows of no one who can help lol
    Last edited by 6-Speeder; 06-16-2009 at 12:44 PM.

hugger orange

triple nickel's number is 1-800-933-8627
    I just tried to call them and get a price for you, but they are only open 9am-5pm

PBM
    2004 GTO M6 PBM

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    triple nickel's number is 1-800-933-8627
    I just tried to call them and get a price for you, but they are only open 9am-5pm
    My dad found a place back in Richmond for me that has the glass, for about 400 something. So im gonna head home this weekend get it taken care of. I need to go visit anyway. Thanks so much though.

Black
    2004 Monaro

Quote Originally Posted by 6-Speeder View Post

Handbrake lever looks to be sitting up pretty high. Normally should fully engage after 3-4 clicks.

Thread Information